Author Topic: NDS GAME - Touch Touch Revolution - By : mastertop101  (Read 18583 times)

Offline mastertop101

NDS GAME - Touch Touch Revolution - By : mastertop101
« on: August 08, 2006, 04:28:57 AM »
Hi, here is my Nintendo DS game. It's like Dance Dance revolution, but on the DS, you can use the D-pad, ABXY buttons, and even the touch screen! It includes a few music and arrows follow the beat of it ! I hardcoded them. You can even play 2 players on the SAME nintendo DS (player 1 uses D pad while player 2 uses ABXY buttons) If there are more than 1 arrow at the same time, use both D pad and ABXY buttons ! I hope you will like it !
Screenshot and downloads are included.

PS: I'm going in vacation so it may take some time for me to answer you questions and feedbacks..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 04:30:52 AM by mastertop101 »

Offline d-loader

Re: NDS GAME - Touch Touch Revolution - By : mastertop101
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 04:31:37 AM »
Just tried the game, and it works very nice. I hope you'll include more songs / longer tracks in a future  ::sm-18.gif::

Offline Cookie

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 01:21:19 AM »
u shud add a feature to open .sit files (stepmania files) off of a cf card and music so people could make there own songs/steps

Offline DragonMinded

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 03:44:43 AM »
A decent alpha release, but coming from someone who used to be a DDR fanatic, it needs a lot of work.  First, the arrows don't seem to be right on the beat, in fact they seem to be placed 'approximately' where they should go.  Also, it doesn't always start at the same spot.  Also, the white arrows don't flash when you push them, and the arrow doesn't disappear if you get it right, like it should.

Also, on one occassion when i started it, it finished half a second before the first note appeared and said I got a B.

Keep up the good work.

Offline omegads

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 05:22:25 PM »
A decent alpha release, but coming from someone who used to be a DDR fanatic, it needs a lot of work.  First, the arrows don't seem to be right on the beat, in fact they seem to be placed 'approximately' where they should go.  Also, it doesn't always start at the same spot.  Also, the white arrows don't flash when you push them, and the arrow doesn't disappear if you get it right, like it should.

Also, on one occassion when i started it, it finished half a second before the first note appeared and said I got a B.

Keep up the good work.
He has some good ideas

Offline Gwoin

• CodeArtex
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 06:30:38 PM »
This game seems to be funny, I'll test it this night :)

u shud add a feature to open .sit files (stepmania files) off of a cf card and music so people could make there own songs/steps
The "beats" seems to be hardcoded, so I don't think you could load a new music in an easy way.

May be it should have a Fast Fournier Transform to get the spectrum of the wave and then get the beats of the music, but I don't know whether the DS has the capabilities to compute a FFT at runtime (may be it could be pre-computed, and the results stored in an array...)

[Edit] Seems that the lo.mp3 from Birslip have a realtime waveform. If it is the true spectrum of the sound, so it is possible for this game too :) [/Edit]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 10:58:53 PM by Gwoin »

Offline hogg

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 12:19:56 AM »
Thanks my kids will love this O0O

Offline ArchAngel214

• Hacking-Evolutions
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 01:31:57 AM »
Yay now I can enjoy DDR on my DS too! Thanks alot for this program! It just gave me something to do with my afternoon..providing I'm not playing 71M's port of Geometry Wars..

Offline user6336

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 09:14:02 AM »
This is one of the best DS games I've ever played, and as it's been said before, the option to have your own music and to put the music more on beat would be awesome. Also, for the touch screen, if the gui could look more like a dance mat, that'd be awesome! :D I can't wait for a new version to come out! This is extremely impressive, and I hope you win the contest! :)

Offline quay cur

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 10:12:35 AM »
i agree with what everyone else is saying about the beats and the arrows disapearing.  using your own music would be very cool, but i know i don't have any music that would be good for it.

the upper screen is looking pretty good.  the bottom should definitely look like the arcade dance mat though.

maybe if you send the final file to the ddr developers they'll make an official version.  there was that mario ddr after all.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 10:14:23 AM by quay cur »

Offline freemaan

• My alternate nicks: david_o, freemaan
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 02:26:18 PM »
Could be a good game, but it have too much bugs :( :the score doesn't reset when you start a new game; there's no beat, just random arrows; etc...
You can find me at EFNet #dsdev (davido2)
Go to my homepage

Offline freerider

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 07:43:05 PM »
Does not work on my M3Simply. The touchscreen just dont work in the game. So i cant get past the "One player - Two player" menu.

Offline falcon64z8

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 05:44:28 AM »
So are you going to make it possible for us to add our own songs?

Offline mastertop101

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 09:09:17 PM »
nope.. i think i lost the sources..

Offline shenshang

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 07:53:56 AM »
hi im using the R4. when i get to the screen where theres one player and two player option, i cant click them.