Super Snake DS
It's snake like you've never seen it before! Play though 60 sublevels that utilize both of the Nintendo DS's screens to rack up your points and gain a new high score while avoiding stationary and moving obstacles, using special power-ups, and keeping up your speed to gain time bonus points! Not only that, but when your not playing as a snake, you'll be trying to gain bonus points in one of the five different addictive mini games.
The fun doesn't end there however! Relive your days of playing classic snake, in Classic mode! Select one of three difficulty modes, and compete with your friends for places on the high score list!Feature Overview
- 11 Different Levels in Adventure Mode
- 60 sublevels (5 sublevels per level, plus 5 extra sublevels for the final level)
- Original graphics (with the exception of a couple modified screenshots)
- Stationary and Moving Obstacles
- Classic Mode
- 5 Addictive Mini Games
- 3 Special power Ups (God Mode, Slow Mode, and Speed Mode)
- Top 10 High Score List for Adventure and Classic Mode
- Auto-Saving after all levels and sublevels.
- Hours of Gameplay in Adventure Mode
- Excellent Replay Value!
- Features new music every level by Delorean and Heartbeat (Music under Creative Commons License)
"Seeing is Believing"How to Play
Super snake DS has the same general game play as your traditional snake game. The object of the game is to eat as many good things as possible without crashing into an obstacle, yourself, or the wall. Each time you eat a good thing, you will become longer. In adventure mode, at the beginning of every level, there will be a level objectives screen which tells you how many good things you need to get to pass a sublevel, what is bad and good, and some random nonsense. Many times, this information will not be said directly, but sort of in a riddle. It's up to you to figure out what it all means. If you have not gotten the proper amount of good things before dieing, you will lose a life and or get a game over screen. Otherwise, when you die, you will see the sublevel clear screen and will advance to the next sublevel. Each sublevel usually is a little more difficult than the one before it. After each level, you will get to play a mini game (the last level is a tad different) and will then be presented with a level clear details screen.
Pretty much everything else is self-explainable. Pressing A is always used when advancing menus and what not. During game play, if you press start or select, the game will be paused. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. The Score Bar
At the top of your top screen lies the score bar which should look something like this…
502 T:3:32 L:5.2 S:3
The first number is your score. The second number, which begins with a T, is the time in minutes and seconds that you have been playing the current level. The third number with an L is your level and sublevel (ex. Level.Sublevel). Finally, the S stands for Snakes, and is the amount of lives you have left. Super Snake DS Tips & Misc. Info
- Don't just get the required amount of good stuff and die. Keep going to rack up your score!
- When in God mode, you can go though yourself and obstacles without dieing, but you can't crash into the wall!
- Slow mode and God Mode are your friends. But keep in mind that Slow Mode lasts for 10 seconds, and God Mode only 5 seconds.
- Speed Mode is deadly on higher speed levels. But, all special modes give you extra points. To take a risk, or not to take a risk?
- Very VERY rarely, a special item will turn out to not be a special item at all, or will be something different than what it appeared to be. Always be prepared to get speed mode when you thought you were getting slow mode.
- Keep in mind, that if you choose to continue a game, instead of restarting a game, when you die, that you will lose half of your score.
- Time bonus is determined by how fast you get one good thing after another. It makes no difference if you got 2 good things or 10 good things and it took you 3 seconds in-between getting them. Each time you die and use a life, your time bonus will be negatively affected.
- When starting a game, if you disable auto-save, your game will not be saved no matter what.
- Know your boundaries! In the higher levels, there isn't always a divider in-between the score bar and level info. So be careful not to die by crashing into the score bar!
- In classic Mode, there are NO boundaries, except for the very edge of the screen.
- The opening screens can be bypassed by pressing the A button…but…please watch them at least once. It only last for like 8 seconds. :-P
- If the game saved successfully, you should see "Game Saved" at the bottom of the bottom screen at the end of a sublevel or on the level clear details screen. The exception is if there is a black background…
- Finally…Have fun :-)
There are currently no known bugs or issues. If you find something, please contact me. I have only tested the game on the GBAMP, but it should work fine on other devices. High Scores and Saving should work with all devices compatible with Chishm's FAT Lib. NOT A REAL BUG: Finally, for the final level, there is a way to re-change the random background in-between sublevels.Other Stuff
Well, I hope everyone really enjoys my game. I spent all Summer on it, so it's nice to finally release it in its full. The offical page for Super Snake DS is at http://www.cybernetresources.com/content/super_snake_ds.html
...but please download from here instead of from my site :-P
EDIT: Umm, there shouldne't be a problem, but if there are problems having the files being created on your DS for the High Scores and Save Game features. Create two blank files (snakehighscores and snakesave). It works fine on the GBAMP..but...i'm not completely sure about the other devices out there.
EDIT2: I have reuploaded some changed files that should fix problems people were having witht he SD devices (such as the Supercard SD) and the MK SD should also work great now.
EDIT3: It now uses the same modified fat lib as DoomDS....this should fix some other issues people were having. This shoudl be the last updat eyou'll see until lI get..so...its what will be for the contest