Author Topic: [NDS] Arcomage - A Heroic Fantasy Battle Card Game  (Read 11015 times)

Offline Bodom-Child

[NDS] Arcomage - A Heroic Fantasy Battle Card Game
« on: August 20, 2006, 11:40:26 PM »
Hi everybody!  ;D

After Aztec Challenge, which finished second at the last NeoCompo thanks to your votes, here's my new game : Arcomage!

Arcomage is a card game that could be played as a side-quest in the fantastic Might & Magic VII. Since I'm a big fan of this game, I decided to port it to the DS.

I've only ported the concept of this game, I've made a big part of the graphics and I took the cards graphics here and there.

Here's how to play :

- You start, you and your enemy, with a Castle of a certain Height and a Wall, protecting it.

- Your goal is to destroy enemy's Castle before he destroy yours, or reach a value of 100 for your Castle.

- For this you've got 3 types of resources : Mana, Stone & Gold, which grow each turn according to the number of resources generators (Temple, Quarries & Gold Mines) you own.
(for example, if you own 2 Temples, 3 Quarries & 1 Gold Mine, you'll get 2 Mana, 3 Stones and 1 Gold each turn).

- To reach your goal, you've got a hand of 6 cards, whoch have different effects. Each card need a certain amount of resources to be played.

- If you have enough resources, place your cursor on it and press A to play it (or select the cart with the stylus and tap on it to play it). Otherwise, the card can't be played.

- If you can't play a card or don't want a card, press X to discard it.

- Once you've played a card (or discarded it), it's computer turn.

- After each turn, you get a new card to play.

- And so on, until you win, or loose?

Good luck!

In the version 1.0, you'll have 2 player hot-seat mode and Wi-fi mode, which I couldn't add due to a lack of time (holidays :) ).

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 11:54:01 PM by Bodom-Child »

Offline rogerpoco

• Neo MOD
  • http://www.myspace.com/poco48
    • My,ummmm Space
Re: [NDS] Arcomage - A Heroic Fantasy Battle Card Game
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 11:50:51 PM »
Aztec Challenge was one of my favorites last time.Wasn't a judge then,though. ;)

Good Luck!

Offline Bodom-Child

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 11:56:35 PM »
He he thanks :).

All is uploaded now, you can test it :).

I've just noticed a bug though : when you're starting a second game after you've won/lost, the screens get corrupted after a while. I'll try to fix it before the deadline.

Offline QuickJump

• Quick Journal / Quick Jump
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:25:05 AM »
Is this the same version that was released a month ago? And if it isn't - what are the changes?
QJ Network (QJ.net) - All homebrew releases + gaming industry news - Updated 24/7!

Offline Bodom-Child

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 03:27:00 AM »
It's the same game, with some improvements :

- Stylus support
- You can zoom on the card played by the enemy
- Some minor changes...

Offline Bodom-Child

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 04:53:16 PM »
I forgot to mention : it works well on Dualis with sound, and has been tested on various flashcards.

If you meet any problem please feel free to tell me  :-*

Offline Elrinth

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 07:12:19 PM »
sometimes the stylus is alittle off...
this happened to me once: if i have a card i can play, but wish to select another,  it would play the card instead of pick the other card... :)
but like i said, only happened once :)

and the version a month ago had trouble with the cards getting shifted to the right... so the selection rectangle around the card wasn't correct align with the card you had in play position...'

you dont know how many hours i spent playing arcomage in M&M7 :) the best M&M in the series too imo ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 08:57:14 PM by Elrinth »

Offline Tassu

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 08:54:33 PM »
This is a really good game

Offline Snuk the Great

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 01:00:25 AM »
This one is realy nice! Good work!

I did find one bug however. Whenever you use the stilus to select cards, the arrow selection wont work anymore. This is not much of a problem realy, but I thought I point that one out anyway.

Offline Tassu

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 04:13:34 AM »
I did find one bug however. Whenever you use the stilus to select cards, the arrow selection wont work anymore. This is not much of a problem realy, but I thought I point that one out anyway.
I noticed that too. But if you touch somewhere else than on the cards, the arrow selection will work again.

Offline Snuk the Great

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 04:39:37 AM »
Good to know!

Offline ozroc

A Really Great one!
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 04:37:34 PM »
Just say:
I
LOVE
THIS
GAME
;D

Graphics're fantastic, gameplay is just perfect, and there are lots of different cards...
I just wander if you're going to continue with the work, I mean if you have in mind a multiplayer mode (also against cpu but two or more cpu oponents). I say this because some cards say "all your opponents...". I know this was from the original game, but you didn't modified that, so I hope you had this in mind...
I can imagine hundreds of great things to do starting from this.
If you want ideas, here am I.

(Please, excuse my bad English :o)

Offline Bodom-Child

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 04:42:33 PM »
Thanks  ::sm-29.gif::!

At first I'm going to add 2 player hot seat and 2 players Wi-fi mode, but 4 players mode would mean a total remake of the interface so I'll probably never do that, but who knows?

Offline Tarman

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 09:36:58 PM »
Where can we download this?