Author Topic: PSP APP - MMSPlus  (Read 15257 times)

Offline Brunni

PSP APP - MMSPlus
« on: August 21, 2006, 05:36:29 AM »
Hello!!!

I present you my application for the PSP, it's a Master System and Game Gear emulator. It's a port from the excellent SMSPlus with improved compatibilty and good speed. All my games now run without problem! Most SMS games run perfectly at 166 MHz and Game Gear at 133 MHz. Also, there is no more sound glitches ^^
It can also play GYM music files. Files are placed in a ZIP file, used as a playlist. 6 sample GYMs are included, simply load music.zip in the emulator directory.

Nice interface, skinnable and with a lot of options.

Save state images are generated in real time rather than being stored in the save file itself. Note that sonic blast gradients are rendered correctly.

You can redefine all keys, including shortcuts (like state change/save/load, turbo mode, pause, reset), and there is an auto-repeat feature. You can also set the in-game screen as a background, useful to continue at the heart of action.

Nice icons by Phoebius, backgrounds by Japi.

MMSPlus features a rich interface with simple effects and good useability. And it's fully skinnable.

You can download it here: http://oslib.palib.info/MMSPlus.rar

Note: I'm sorry, I must post it, I implemented GYM support during these last days and I had no time to extensively test it, so it might be buggy. Anyway, please let me know any problem you had with it ;)

Offline wraggster

• DCEmu Homebrew Network
Re: PSP APP - MMSPlus
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 06:02:17 AM »
excellent release :)

Webmaster of DCEmu

The Worlds Only Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.

Offline Brunni

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 04:22:46 AM »
Thank you :)

Sorry, I've made some mistakes in the posted version that I didn't have time to test because I finished yesterday evening, so this one is now fixed:
Download: http://oslib.palib.info/MMSPlus.rar

- The neoflash logo which was using 32-bit mode didn't restore 16-bit at the end, causing a ~15% performance loss.
- Current skin was not saved properly (you can edit plugins.ini to correct this).

Note that this update comes outside of the contest, so if you test it for voting, download the first version (attached to the first post), but if you plan serious use or to distribute it, download the latest version with the above link.

I forgot to mention that it's the first release of MMSPlus ever. That means it may be some things in it you find stupid 8) Please report them to me ;)

I also forgot to talk about the Z80 overclocking feature, which will allow you to play comfortably games like Sonic Chaos that were slowing down all the time, even on real console.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 04:32:43 AM by Brunni »

Offline michaelsonline

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 08:28:26 AM »
Anychance of the emulator being coded to allow user to make custom directory name for it? for example putting it in SMS of GAMEGEAR.

Thanks for Great Emulator

Offline wally

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 09:43:34 AM »
IF only this emulator had the problem fixed for the hamburger in alex kidd "in miracle world" it would be even better.

Not many emulators pay attention to this problem and i see it as a huge problem as im not used to seeing a hamburger that looks like an ice cream

Offline Brunni

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 02:42:46 AM »
I'll look about this, I never tried this game :p
[Edit]: Sorry, for the folder name it's a mistake, I accidentaly forgot some debug code that was folder-dependant and caused an error when folders are renamed. I corrected this, you can download in the usual place (palib.info).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 03:36:03 AM by Brunni »

Offline Marco

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 02:20:47 AM »
Great the __SCE__ problem is now fixed :)

Another game I cannot get to work is Dropzone (the defender clone by Archer Maclean). It doesn't work on a couple of other PSP SMS/GG emulators but on Fusion 3.51 (formerly known as KEGA) on windows it works fine. The ROM image gets the OK from GoodGG v2.01 ([!] = good dump).

Offline Brunni

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 11:56:43 PM »
Thanks, I don't know this game, I'll give it a try ^^
I've fixed the blank bar to the left of the screen, it is now available as an option in Video > Render and it's disabled by default ::sm-14.gif::
Version 1.0b: http://oslib.palib.info/MMSPlus.rar

Offline StoneCut

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 08:31:32 AM »
This is a great emulator. I actually played Sonic the Hedgehog (with the z80 overclocking its way fast) for over 30 minutes today. That's quite long for me and old games ;)

Great release, Brunni.

Offline Brunni

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 08:29:53 PM »
Thanks ^^ I'm all the same, I usually don't emulate much, but heh Master System is all my childhood, I'm really happy to have it always in my pocket.

I'm third!!! So happy ;D :D :-*
Thanks to all voters, and to judges who respectively put me 1st, 2nd and 3rd :P
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 08:34:54 PM by Brunni »

Offline Pitin

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 09:40:22 AM »
Hello Brunni he Sorry but my English is not very good,congratulations are very good emulator,I have one doubts you are going to to include in next versions the mode adhoc multiplayer??like that it takes SMSPlus.Serious fantastic a greeting  ::sm-29.gif::