Author Topic: Congats to all !  (Read 4379 times)

Offline shazz

Congats to all !
« on: September 04, 2006, 03:18:18 PM »
Yep, I'm going to blame or whatever as it seems some people think they should...

I'm (obviously) quite happy of the final vote, despite the final top-3 I saw that the judges decided to award points to the most balanced compos in terms of overall quality (technical+feeling+aspect+originality) more than only one aspect.

That's like figure skating :D And personally I like as it doesn't only reward the coders but, as in at least 71M's TrigWars and R-Gear, it rewards too the non-coder guys who had a HUGE role in the non-technical aspects (graphists, musicians, testers,...), don't they deserve something ?

So before of flaming, be ready for the next compo !!!!
We'll do better and better ! :D

Offline chatterbug89

Re: Congats to all !
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 10:30:09 PM »
To tell you the truth, I'm a little disapointed that I diden't get the top 10, cosndiering I spent all summer working on my project (Also i wanted to use the extra RAM for DSLinux :-P).  Either way, I'll just have to come up with something better next time and win first place :)

Anyways, congrats to everyone from me also. :)  Also, thanks to anyone who commented on my project and enjoyed it...it made it worth it :)

EDIT: by the way, as for my thoguhts on the fairness of the judging and the decisions made.  Genneraly, I agree with most of the places, except for a few exceptions near the bottom of the list and one near the top.  Either way, it all comes down to a matter of preference.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 10:32:40 PM by chatterbug89 »

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 10:36:57 PM »
You obviously spent a lot of time on Super Snake but if you want votes, you have to also create something that appeals to the masses and judges.  Pizza Worm is the only snake clone that I would ever consider voting for.  I actually voted for something that may have taken less time but with amusing graphics, funny gameplay and the weirdest unique name - Finger Monkey and Inverto Goose.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 10:57:21 PM by Sektor »

Offline Raphael

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 10:56:33 PM »
Congrats to all yes, and also to you shazz and your team :) You did a great job and deserved a top place.
As for some other placements in the lower halfs I have some doubts if those were all deserved, but well, it's not to be changed now. Probably the judges thought it doesn't matter too much if one would end up 6th or 10th (esp. in PSP Apps), and as for the prizes it really doesn't matter. It was a good compo after all, not the best possible, but still better then the others around and I'm looking forward to the next.

So good luck for everyone on the next compo :)

Offline wraggster

• DCEmu Homebrew Network
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 01:35:43 AM »
congrats to all and to neoflash

Judging comps isnt easy and at the end of the day everyone has their own preference

Webmaster of DCEmu

The Worlds Only Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 07:45:10 PM »
Judging comps isnt easy and at the end of the day everyone has their own preference
My preference was to not judge at all... and I guess I now understand fully why
 ::sm-05::
Its my own fault for not getting my entry finished enough to enter I guess :-(
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline rogerpoco

• Neo MOD
  • http://www.myspace.com/poco48
    • My,ummmm Space
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 09:21:20 PM »
I dunno.I kind of like being a part of the controversy(makes me feel like what I have to say is important-hehe).

If I'm remembering right,some disagreement on the judging happened at the last compo,and,probably is inevitable in future compos.

This has been mentioned by Dr.NEO already,so I don't think I'm letting the cat out of the bag,here,but the addition of previous compo winners to the judging team will really bring some good experience on board.

Now I just hope they keep me on. ;)

Offline deniska

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 12:12:29 PM »
Congratulations, shazz!

Your game really made my day first time I downloaded it...
Well, I guess I am just getting old and nostalgic :-)

I do hope that you continue the development and cook up more levels, making the current one a bit easier. I could only go thru it with the left trigger slowdown thingie :-D

Offline shazz

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 03:10:32 PM »
Congratulations, shazz!

Your game really made my day first time I downloaded it...
Well, I guess I am just getting old and nostalgic :-)

I do hope that you continue the development and cook up more levels, making the current one a bit easier. I could only go thru it with the left trigger slowdown thingie :-D

thx Deniska ;-)
For sure a version will be released... maybe not that rich but... at least with some more lives and "continue ?" things...
Eh eh do you know what's happen when triggering the left button ? :D I should take a screenshot.. but as there is still some hardcoded paths, it fails :D

by the way the trick is really to stay the right trigger pushed and release it for tough ennemis, and carefully use the (stay press) X blue shoot most of the time except when needed to move fast...

Offline deniska

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 09:25:55 PM »

Eh eh do you know what's happen when triggering the left button ? :D I should take a screenshot.. but as there is still some hardcoded paths, it fails :D

by the way the trick is really to stay the right trigger pushed and release it for tough ennemis, and carefully use the (stay press) X blue shoot most of the time except when needed to move fast...

Of course I am aware of the right trigger function.. But I still need to slowdown the game with constant screenshots to be able to pass the boss.. Maybe I am just slow, lol