Author Topic: MK4 NEO1 Universal Patcher V4.0  (Read 34537 times)

Offline power

Re: MK4 NEO1 Universal Patcher V4.0
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2006, 01:31:47 AM »
thnx and yeah i haven't got anything ::sm-18.gif::

Offline Strike

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2006, 07:19:10 AM »
Analogcog, you are one of the few newbies here who really does homework. You seem to know about as much as I did when I first started posting... Anyway, you cannot save varying size EEPROMs even to a cart with a larger size, just because each game is specifically designed to write to a certain size and use all of it, even if it has to write a whole bunch of 0's. For instance, let's say you wanted to save the Metroid Prime demo over SM64DS, the game would not know how to write to 64Kbit EEPROM. I have also read that this could possibly be a small anti-piracy measure; too bad it isn't a very good one if it is. Also, you mentioned ETool... I cannot stress enough how important of a program it really is; it does everything even down to converting AR saves and oldschool Neo .nsf's to the standard .sav. Whenever I use my MK1, it helps me out by allowing me to back up my real DS cart data, which I find very useful. To any newbie who may be reading this, be absolutely sure to get version 3.13 with the ETcreate, ATxtract, and Max2sc apps with it (included in the .rar from cory's site). And also be sure to get version 3.13 MK4 build to complement these if you also use an MK4.

Offline analogcog

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2006, 08:13:47 AM »
Strike - Thanks. Lol, I'm not sure how much of a newb I am really (I've had an account here since June 2005).  Prolly more of a long time lurker who spoke up for once.

I have owned console and handheld dev units since 1998 (N64, GB/GBC, GBA and DS) and learned what I needed to get things to work.  I'm really interested in the Neo 64 Project, especially with the removable media feature I've read about (which will hopefully keep the cost down!).

BTW, how is it that tuckie_d could save with different save sizes then? Release groups/scene lists of game save info aren't completely accurate (n/a when it is 2Mbit for example) for the ones I am interested in.

ETool owns over Action Replay.  I bought one to back up my saves and get new ones (back when you had to save to DS game pak all the time) and I never got it to detect my Mario Kart DS game, even after updating the firmware and software.  ETool let me back up no problems.

The thread for ETool to backup MK4-mini EEPROM version (which is an exclusive posting to this board, not cory1492's page) is here:

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,2799.0.html

Analog Cog
You're just another analog cog
In an increasingly digital world

Offline Strike

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2006, 02:17:13 AM »
Oops forgot to mention that about it being an exclusive here. As for saving on a different size? I have no idea how it could work, but I guess he was able to for some odd reason where everyone else including me who tried it usually wound up with not being able to save... strange.

Offline tuckie_d

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2006, 07:49:28 AM »
Sorry guys for the space of time,  been playing my "original" ds games... or not! Analogcog, I didn't need to rename the header at all! after flashing my DS with flashme V7, I burned a single rom to the flashcart, put an original ds game in the ds slot (with the same save type) then booted holding A+B+X+Y. you DO need to hold these buttons. The white screen scares me every time (after having such a hard time getting it to work consistently!), but the rom will boot in a few seconds. I've been playing Pokemon diamond and the save type is flash 2mb! I thought it was going to  be eeprom, but it's not! I don't want to start a new rom yet... because I don't want to erase my new save data (unfortuneately, I erased my fully completed Metroid game save...didn't know saving the pokemon game would do that... >:(

Is there any possible way to create a multi-boot flashcart without an MK4? hmmmmm, I wonder... :)

Offline Strike

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2006, 10:01:11 AM »
The MK4 doesn't exactly "create" a multiboot flash cart, it all depends on the cart you have. If you have the Neo2/3, that hardware already has a multiboot BIOS/menu built in. Original flash carts do not, and probably never will. As for not losing saves, I really, really, REALLY cannot stress enough just how important ETool is. Matter of fact, I may just put it in my sig.

Offline jimski

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2006, 10:56:16 AM »
Ok where back to square 1 now, rom 656 thats so raven for the kids wont save to the mk4 and a few others do the same. As soon as u type youre name in it says cannot save to the ds cart please reinsert ds cart what a bitch. thank thou for all the hard work thou. Any suggestions.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 10:57:57 AM by jimski »

Offline jimski

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2006, 07:33:36 AM »
Ok now is time for a new patcher nothing new works anymore getting frustrated with this again  :(

Offline Strike

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2006, 10:48:32 AM »
Yes, the team is well aware of this, very old news, want a new patcher? So do we all. You won't get it soon, this is NeoFlash; the team is slow and the odds of having the next patcher any better are 50/50. Right now, no one is happy with NeoFlash. Who knows, we might get what we want in the future, just hope for the best and blindly wait in the dark like the rest of us; get used to it. (If I sound edgy, don't worry; I am.)

Offline jimski

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2006, 11:34:08 AM »
lol I thought id put the pressure on, and know i see it is working.  ;D

Offline Strike

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2006, 07:30:38 AM »
Hehe, totally understandable.

Offline bence

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2007, 02:27:31 AM »
i download this file and i have used it with pokemon diamond. but if i save and restart the game my save is disappear... help me pls

Offline luneth95

• NEO newbie
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2010, 01:08:59 AM »
hello I was wondering if someone is working on a patcher for the r4. I need help because some of the games have anti piracy protection. how to I patch it. I have tried to patch games a lot of times but it never works.  ~sm-80.gif~.gif I am very frustrated and I need help. thanks pplz