Author Topic: Modify your NEO converter/PAD support up to 32GB!  (Read 29359 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Modify your NEO converter/PAD support up to 32GB!
« on: April 09, 2007, 10:07:45 PM »

Modify your NEO converter/PAD support up to 32GB!

now we release the DIY guide for how to modify your 2in1/4in1 PSP converter and 8in1 PSP Pad to support over 4GB memory card on the new BIOS PSP.

Pay attention:
1. This way is base on the new BIOS PSP which have support over 4GB only,not for the OLD BIOS PSP.
2. We don't guarantee any damage when you open the NEO converter case,please take care it.

How to modify the 2in1/4in1 support up to 32GB :

How to modify the 8in1 support up to 32GB :

In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline pspfan

Re: Modify your NEO converter/PAD support up to 32GB!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 11:13:17 AM »
Does it work? I heard someone tried getting 32GB now that the newer firmwares were out but it didn't work. He assumed that the limit was only raised to 8GB, not unlimited. He could be wrong, though. Did it work for you? Were you able to access all 32GB? That'd be sick. I'd probably get one if you can have 32GB...

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »
it's depend with PSP BIOS limit,not the NEO converter.
if the new PSP BIOS can support up to 32GB,then NEO too.

Offline aaronaja

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 02:42:56 PM »
Can the PSP currently support 32 GB worth of memory on the current PSP bios?

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 04:48:08 PM »
the current PSP 3.0 BIOS just support up to 8GB, in fact PSP can support up to 32GB memory accessing,just SONY want to restrict it for the business operation.  ::sm-03::

Offline coldjim

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 05:52:26 PM »
rite so bascially we can;t use the 32GB yet?
coz this is really awesome, i thinking about getting a neo converter coz of this
but if we can;t use it there i no point  :'(

i am on 3.10 A2
what can i support up to?

Offline almondega

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 09:28:26 PM »
Please aswre my question:

If i put a 8gb CF Card, a 4gb sony ms, and the 4gb internal memory, my psp will recognize 16GB????

And wich format this NEO works? FAT32?

Offline typenn84

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 09:47:49 PM »
i couldnt find the points to cut so on my neo 8 in 1 pad, i took a picture of my board.  what do i cut to get the 4gb limit remove.  also it looks like my board is missing some chips, if i send you more pictures can u let me know, i think this is cause reason why my battery charging functions arent working as described.

Offline akuma99

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 10:12:49 PM »
@almondega
 No the converter will only read one card at a time. This only allows  you to use the higher capacity cards.

@typenn84
 You are looking at the wrong side of the Motherboard flip it over and you shouldn't have a problem finding the spot it in in the center of the board.

8)

Offline typenn84

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 12:25:42 AM »
thanks akuma i feel like a dumb@ss for not doing that, i figured it would be on that side but it didnt pop out easily so i didnt wanna take a chance of breaking it.

anyways can someone take pictures of how there battery terminals are hooked into the mother board, and a picture of the back side of the motherboard so i can see if the left side and right side battery hookups are connected somehow.  the reason i ask is because on the left battery terminal are 3 cables red white and yellow and only red and white on the right.  i wonder if this is the reason why im having problems charging psp from 4 2600mah rechargeables.

Offline aaronaja

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 12:40:47 AM »
the current PSP 3.0 BIOS just support up to 8GB, in fact PSP can support up to 32GB memory accessing,just SONY want to restrict it for the business operation.  ::sm-03::

So currently it is IMPOSSIBLE to get 32 GB worth of memory to be recognized by the PSP at this point. So what was the point of telling people that they can mod the 8-1 pad to have a capacity of 32 GB when the maximum is currently 8 GB on the PSP. We would still have to wait for the update to come to use all that memory and by that time Sony would have either come out with a 32 GB memory stick or a 32 GB harddrive.  So again what was the point of releasing this bit of information early?

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 12:59:43 AM »
release it to help user use 8GB memory card on the current PSP 3.0

Offline pspfan

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 04:38:10 AM »
If you are relying on what I said that I heard the limit was raised to 8GB, I'm not sure about that. I only heard it. It may be possible that more than 8GB is supported on the new firmwares. We should ask a firmware expert like Dark_AleX. Maybe if it doesn't support over 8GB Dark_AleX could find that part of the firmware and hack it to support more in his next OE firmware. That'd be cool.

Someone should post on maxconsole asking if the limit really was only rasied to 8GB or if that was just a rumor and it is really unlimited. Also, if it is limited, someone should ask DAX to hack it in his next OE.

32GB sounds so tempting...If it is usable, I'd get one. So many movies and PSX games and homebrews and mp3s...and I'd never have to sacrifice quality for space again!

Offline typenn84

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 05:00:27 AM »
today i opened up the pad to remove the 4gb limiter.  it said to remove a wire but mine had none there.  i havent tested today but the last time i tested a 8gb cf card(back in feb running on 3.03oe) it recognized 7.66 gb free but it wouldnt read anything over the 4 gb mark.  im trying to test it again today but im cant find my 8gb card i think its in my wife camera, but ill let you know the results of the test.

Offline anubus12

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 08:46:25 AM »
When it says "cut 4GB short line", what does that mean and how do I do it?  On the 8 in 1 motherboard, I can see the 4GB points, but it's 2 solder points with no apparent connectivity between them.  So, what do i actually "cut"?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:48:23 AM by anubus12 »