Author Topic: MK5 8G/16G GIGA cart upgrade core V1.23N+ [04-10-2007]  (Read 23373 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
MK5 8G/16G GIGA cart upgrade core V1.23N+ [04-10-2007]
« on: April 10, 2007, 09:57:10 PM »
MK5 8G/16G GIGA cart upgrade core V1.23N+  [04-10-2007]

history:

* Support 4 different language:
   CHS   -   Chinese (simplified) version
   CHT   -   Chinese (traditional) version
   ENG   -   English version
   JAP   -   Japanese version
   you can choose which MK5 version you like, just run this upgrade ROM then can change to the different language;
* Allow keep all save files to one same sub-folder;
*   Support SMS multi-save system, when you start to run this rom,you can choose which save file you want to restore and start for current game;
*   You can specify your own skin now,just need to put the *.BMP to your MK5 "dsystem\skin" folder,
   c_file.bmp --- it's upside background picture,BMP format,256pix X 192pix , 24bit color
  desktop.bmp --- it's downside background picture,BMP format,256pix X 192pix , 24bit color
  save_bg.bmp --- it's the SMS background picture,BMP format,256pix X 192pix , 24bit color
  MK5 will show the default skin if the "dsystem\skin" folder is empty;
* Add one "passme2" mode,when the NDS turn on or in the MK5 menu, you can press the L+R+A+B 4 keys to enter MK5 passme2 mode , it'll boot GBA slot immediately;
* Add one traditional 2D display mode,you can change 2D or 3D style in the "global.ini" file;
* Add one MK5 USB linker boot loader,you can choose to enter the "Media Center" mode (MK5 mode) or the "Data Exchange" mode (PC mode) when you inset the MK5 GBA linker and turn on NDS.
* Fixed one data transfer CRC error;
* Add the folder auto create function,not need to create the folder which have defined in "global.ini" by manual;
* Add the force backup function in MK5 menu,when you select one rom and press "START" will force to backup current rom save;
* Fixed one reading error with global.ini file;
* the game save type database update to #987.

download:  http://www.neoflash.com/driver/mk5_1.23N_plus_upgrade.rar

MK5 8G/16G GIGA cart upgrade core V1.23A+  [02-23-2007]

history:
* the save data upgrade to #947, game compatibility = 100%!
* change the MK5 skin, more colorful
* moonshell upgrade to V1.71, movie play speed up! And support TTA/AAC/OGG !
* dpgtools upgrade to V1.3 , more stable

more info check here: http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/board,78.0.html
download: http://www.neoflash.com/download/mk5_1.23A_plus_upgrade.rar

how to upgrade: (without format)
[1] link your MK5 to pc through the MK5 USB linker;
[2] unzip this rar pack,and enter the "Driver" folder ,copy all files to your MK5 and overwrite the old files,and stop the MK5 removeable disk when it's done;
[3] remove the MK5 USB linker,turn on nds and enter the menu,click and run "mk5_update_fat_new_V1.23A+.nds"
[4] turn off nds,now upgrade finish,enjoy it!

how to upgrade: (with format)
[1] If your MK5 can't enter the menu to upgrade,you can try to format it on NDS (warnning: this upgrade will format MK5 and all old data will be destory!), please follow me:
    <a> plug in the USB cart to GBA slot and link to PC,and plug in the MK5 to NDS slot;
    <b> hold the "L" + "R" + "DOWN" and turn on NDS till you see the mk5 logo appear (don't release these 3 keys), and press "A"+"B" (now 5 keys were hold) ,then you can see USB cart start to formatting MK5. When if finish(around 5 seconds),you can see "USB DISK PROGRAM(8G/16G_256K)" appear on the NDS screen, PC will appear one USB DISK too;
[2] Now you can follow the "how to upgrade: (without format)" to upgrade MK5 again.

-----------------------------------------------------------

MK5 8G/16G GIGA cart upgrade core V1.23A  [17-02-2007]

history:
* support the DLDI,and open the DLDI source code
* support CRC write checksum,read/write is more safety
* fix few roms running bug
* moonshell play movie more smooth now,and upgrade to V1.5
* support MK5 joypad and MK5 mouse,and open the source code
* dpgtools upgrade to v1.21 ,support more video format

-----------------------------------------------------------
NEOTEAM 2007
www.NEOFLASH.com
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline KeithE

Re: MK5 8G/16G GIGA cart upgrade core V1.23N+ [04-10-2007]
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 11:04:22 PM »
Thanks for the upgrade!

I like the option for skinning - would it be possible to make the custom skin
show from the beginning, instead of showing the neoflash skin first, then loading the custom skin?

The 2D mode is very good too - I never liked the 3D icons.

The USB linker boot menu is useful, but I think it would be good to have an option in global.ini to change the order of the boot menu or turn off the boot menu.  I would turn off the boot menu when I am doing a lot of development to speed up the process.

Offline DjoeN

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 05:10:05 AM »
Turning off the SMS function would be cool to :D

Now you have to confirm by pressing A like 2 times. Very annoying.

Click game icon, game starts, that's how i want it to be, not like this:
click, then click to confirm (for backup i think), then click again to confirm again the save you want to load. then the game starts.

Agree on the usb menu to turn this of or change order :D

Father, The Sleeper Has Awaken!
He Who Controls The Spice, Controls The Universe!

Offline davos1

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 07:25:00 AM »
Waiting for someone to make skins  :) :) ::sm-01:: ::sm-01:: ::sm-01:: ::sm-05:: ::sm-05:: ::sm-06.gif:: ::sm-06.gif:: ;D ;D >:( >:( >:( :o :o ??? ???

Offline KINGOFNOOBS

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 08:10:22 AM »
Ok a couple things to make this the BEST slot one solution.

- Release DLDI Write Support (This is top priority!)
- Revamp menu system to be similar to DS-Xtreme. "Cubes" are just dumb and unefficent.

Thats how it shuld look like.

- Action Reply/Cheat support. This would be very nice.

And last but not least. I think this is the biggest thing that could crush and oblierate all other slot one solutions instantly.

Neo Flash 4 and 1 Solution for MK5.

- Includes
* Rumble
* Ram
* GBA
* USB Transfer

This means once you purchase this, you never need to take out your 4 and 1 ever. A DS Lite version would be needed as well. The reason that would crush all is because sure the EZ Flash 3 and 1 does some of these things, but dos it do it perfectly? NAND memory would make the efficency of having something like GBA really nice. You could use the Slot 2 as a gateway, since the NAND memory is fast enough to run GBA games.

Honestly, Neo Flash, you have gotten alot of bad rep. But its time you redo your entire firmware. To point this out again.

- Take away the blocks, use a menu system like DS-Xtreme. Heck, if you want to take this to another level. You could make it so it shows the NFO file with the boxart and information at the top.

-DLDI Write support, this is a really good and cheap slot one solution. But practically useless without write support. This should be done ASAP. Or you will lose alot of people to the R4DS.

- The NeoFlash 4 and 1. This is a requirement if you want to win people back. I have already asked several people and they would be interested in something like this.

Dr.Neo. PLEASE Listen to us. These things need to be addressed. I know it would be easy just to make another NeoFlash product and abandon this one. But you have already made a fine product. Now its time to support it ALOT. There should be updates at least once a month.

Offline KeithE

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 08:29:08 AM »
I agree - DLDI write support is very important.  Forgot to mention that in my previous post.

About the clicking extra times to choose the save you want to load - how about this:

If you press A or use stylus it launches the game with the most recently used save, or creates one if it does not exist.

If you press X it launches the game and shows a menu to choose the save.

Offline Carl326

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 01:00:28 PM »
Ok a couple things to make this the BEST slot one solution.

- Release DLDI Write Support (This is top priority!)
- Revamp menu system to be similar to DS-Xtreme. "Cubes" are just dumb and unefficent.

Thats how it shuld look like.

- Action Reply/Cheat support. This would be very nice.

And last but not least. I think this is the biggest thing that could crush and oblierate all other slot one solutions instantly.

Neo Flash 4 and 1 Solution for MK5.

- Includes
* Rumble
* Ram
* GBA
* USB Transfer

This means once you purchase this, you never need to take out your 4 and 1 ever. A DS Lite version would be needed as well. The reason that would crush all is because sure the EZ Flash 3 and 1 does some of these things, but dos it do it perfectly? NAND memory would make the efficency of having something like GBA really nice. You could use the Slot 2 as a gateway, since the NAND memory is fast enough to run GBA games.

Honestly, Neo Flash, you have gotten alot of bad rep. But its time you redo your entire firmware. To point this out again.

- Take away the blocks, use a menu system like DS-Xtreme. Heck, if you want to take this to another level. You could make it so it shows the NFO file with the boxart and information at the top.

-DLDI Write support, this is a really good and cheap slot one solution. But practically useless without write support. This should be done ASAP. Or you will lose alot of people to the R4DS.

- The NeoFlash 4 and 1. This is a requirement if you want to win people back. I have already asked several people and they would be interested in something like this.

Dr.Neo. PLEASE Listen to us. These things need to be addressed. I know it would be easy just to make another NeoFlash product and abandon this one. But you have already made a fine product. Now its time to support it ALOT. There should be updates at least once a month.

The NeoFlash 4 and 1 and to have a new skin would be great but the only thing I want right now is a soft reset function.

Offline chouli

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 10:58:08 PM »
Thanks for this upgrade, highly that somebody makes skins   :) :)

Offline obake

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 12:50:04 AM »
If it can do   It will be saved if selection of an autosave and memory management can be performed.

Offline quintusds

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 01:35:33 AM »
what do you mean by MK5 USB boot loader's "media center function"??? what is the USB disk linker's "media center function" for???

Offline Romaap

• DS, Wii!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 03:48:37 AM »
Why not make an extra menu so that you can choose if you want the cubes or not. :D
Romaap

Offline Sabotenboy

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 08:45:45 AM »
Thanks to the upgrade!
Now, I can use Japanese Kanji characters for files names.
In addition, I liked 2D menu.

Some issues as a non-English/Chinese user :P

1. Japanese font looks ugly and some bitmaps are wrong
2. Japanese messages shown on menu are very strange
3. Rotating bitmap shown on menu while waiting should also be customisable

To improve on these points:

1. Font file could be separated from core upgrading module *.nds.
  Instead, it could be placed in a folder on flash memory.
  ...or if you disclose font and table format, I can prepare some.
2. Message resources could be separated as a plain text file for easier message translation.
3.  I am just asking for it ;P

Offline menda

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 03:33:33 PM »
The Multi-Save doesn't work. >:(. If I start a game in the save 2, when saving overwrite the save 1. ???
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 07:18:23 PM by menda »

Offline acta

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 07:41:06 PM »
Thanks for this update.

But like a few people said earlier, dldi Write is definitivelly waited by users.

Acta.

Offline gardin

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 12:06:27 PM »
help !! please !!

I've tried to upgrade my mk5 and I have an error : upgrade failed

Since I ve two white screen , my mk5 doen t work in USB mode , Im so sad...