Author Topic: Skins - Downloadable skins here  (Read 52472 times)

Offline Phonics3k

Skins - Downloadable skins here
« on: December 19, 2007, 04:36:25 AM »
I thought I would create a skins thread because I have created a couple of skins for the TTDS in the time I have had it.

I will update this post when I have uploaded and created new skins. I hope other people upload theirs and also comment on the skins so I know if I am doing things right.

Skins:

Neon Mario
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 05:59:21 AM by Phonics3k »

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
Re: Skins
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 04:54:26 AM »
wow, great work!

a complete good looking full skin set ::sm-29.gif::
O hai

Offline duffnut

Re: Skins - Downloadable skins here
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 04:43:00 AM »
Just added the finishing touches to this little mac inspired skin.
It was all done by filching various graphics from various places in the system, so it has the mac feel, but it's not accurate or particularly consistent in any way.

Also it has the added bonus feature of TABS!

Download below:
>> mac skin [mediafire] <<

[EDIT] To install, unzip and replace the contents of the /TTMenu/skin/default/ folder with the contents of the one you just downloaded. You can backup that folder if you want, but it is probably not necessary as you can download the menu files at will. (and to uninstall, just put the original files back...).

PS: if anyone is interested, while doing this skin I noticed that the images don't have to be exactly the same size as the originals. however I did not mess too much with the ini file, so if anyone has any understanding of it, I'd be glad to learn.

PPS: if you look in the BMPs, you might notice that I have left some icons untouched. I would change them, but I have never seen them occurring so I didn't bother. If someone knows where they're hiding, please tell me and I'll do something about them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 07:51:15 AM by duffnut »

Offline twit21

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 05:08:30 AM »
Well, here's my own submission.  Not fully tested, as my own DSTT has yet to arrive, so use at your own risk.  The DSTT Skin Customizer Tool seems to like it just fine, though.  Here's a preview:

Zip file attached.

Offline nullkill

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 06:26:03 AM »
I made a winxp skin last night; so here it is :)

Download
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 11:06:01 AM by nullkill »

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 01:53:38 PM »
nice job Phonics3k  ~sm-43.gif~
twit21 not bad too :)
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline nullkill

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 06:31:56 AM »
B/W skin

Download

Offline twit21

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 01:03:21 PM »
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings skin:

Zip file attached.

Offline duffnut

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 07:56:12 AM »
Just realised the link I gave was broken, so here's a fix:
>> mac skin [mediafire] <<

Also I was going to post a screenshot, but the dstt skin builder does not deal with transparency, and BMP of different sizes (which the cartridge does perfectly) and my phone camera won't focus on the screen properly.

I put quite a bit of effort into getting the transparencies right, so I'd appreciate any comments, as I am willing to put more time into this if necessary.

please read my previous post in this thread for more information on the skin.

Offline twit21

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 08:02:23 AM »
Hey duff, I don't work with the bitmap format too much, so help me out with the transparency thing: how does that work?  I noticed that certain images in the skins have a pink or green background that shows up as transparent in the skin customizer, but if I try to use the same color as a background in a custom bitmap it doesn't come out as transparent in the skin customizer.  Mind you, my DSTT hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know if this is a programming problem or what.

Offline duffnut

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 08:13:11 AM »
Hey,

Well as far as I've been concerned, as long as I use pure green (00FF00), the cartridge makes that bit transparent. I just tried putting it in the skin builder, but that doesn't show it correctly, so don't worry if that doesn't work for you.
just check out a file like icocheat in my skin and you'll see what I mean.

I'd wait to have the cartridge before finalizing your skin though, because seeing as BMP doesn't support alpha layers (like PNG for example), it's quite hard to get edges looking good.

The savebtn.bmp in the original skin is an example of how NOT to do it... they blended the edges with the green, but this only has the effect of giving the icon a green outline because only the pure green is rendered as transparent.

good luck with your skin!

PS: The transparency support on this cartridge is so basic that I would only use it where completely necessary. I mean by this that wherever the background is not going to change, render your icons to fit that background nicely. The only place I needed to use transparency was for icons like icocheat where the selection box changes the coulour of the background.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 08:21:17 AM by duffnut »

Offline twit21

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 08:27:41 AM »
Well, ****, the cartridge using #00FF00 as its transparency probably means that the skin i made yesterday will probably look like ass.  Wanna verify it for me?

[[ Download ]]

Normally I wouldn't be releasing skins like this without having the actual product in-hand to test them on, but I've been responding to requests on the GBATemp forum.  The first skin I posted in this thread was actually the one I made for my own use, though.  I saw that hardly anyone was making skins for the DSTT, so I figured I'd release the one I had just made.

Offline duffnut

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 08:45:10 AM »
well weirdly enough, it works fine... now I'm just confused...

nice skin btw

edit - thinking about it maybe the green transparency thing only works for the icon images, and you don't have any 00FF00 on those...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 08:51:19 AM by duffnut »

Offline twit21

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 08:51:35 AM »
Thanks. =)  There's gotta be some kind of bit flag that can be set in those bitmap files that tells the OS what color to use for transparency, but damned if I know what it is.  I'll dig around and see what I can find.

Offline duffnut

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 08:53:59 AM »
well most of my bmp, I created from scratch with photoshop on mac, so I can't think that there's anything like that in my files... yet it works.