Author Topic: Game Trivia Catechism -The Secret of Mister X-  (Read 10390 times)

Offline DesertDog

Game Trivia Catechism -The Secret of Mister X-
« on: August 20, 2008, 06:50:43 PM »
Nickname: Multiple:Option
Project name : Game Trivia Catechism -The Secret of Mister X-
Division : NDS Game
Original entry : YES
Support Motion : NO
In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10 : NO
Project description : "Game Trivia Catechism -The Secret of Mister X-" is a multiple-choice trivia game, testing your knowledge of video gaming. It can be played as straight trivia, or as part of a story that follows Mister X's journey through the King of Game Trivia Tournament. Two new game modes allows players to tackle challenging missions, or try practice mode and perhaps learn something!

Homepage and Download:
http://multiple-option.blogspot.com/2008/08/game-trivia-catechism-secret-of-mister.html

EDIT: Corrupted upload. Please download again if you did previously within the past two hours...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:33:59 PM by DesertDog »

Offline DesertDog

Re: Game Trivia Catechism -The Secret of Mister X-
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 08:14:13 AM »
Additional download link from DCEmu.co.uk for those having trouble with Hyperfileshare:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=138341

Offline DesertDog

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 07:07:04 PM »
A gameplay video is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllV7haAGyQ

Offline Sweater Fish Deluxe

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 01:25:08 PM »
I really like the way you've made the graphics for this game.  It's a unique style that's simple and effective.

And I *REALLY* like the way you've laid out the answers on the bottom screen to mirror the arrangement of the buttons on the DS itself so that I don't even have to think about which button to press.  That's really important in the later rounds where you have to answer as fast as possible.

I still don't think it's possible to answer 60 questions in the allotted time, though.  I'm pretty good with my video game trivia (at least the old stuff...), but I can never get much more than 40 questions answered before time runs out.

In the story mode it seems you can't ever lose your matches, right?  I got F grades in my last two matches, but still won them both.  Some simple branching paths would be nice there.  Otherwise, I like your story quite a bit.  It's pretty funny and pays good tribute to video game history itself.

I'm looking forward to GTC 2K9 now.  And then of course GTC: Dream Match 2010!  O0O

...word is bondage...

Offline sumiguchi

• sumiguchi
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 03:08:18 PM »
Realy nice job - but TOUGH questions man!! :)