Author Topic: [NDS] LuAA  (Read 42312 times)

Offline x711Li

[NDS] LuAA
« on: March 21, 2009, 02:39:54 AM »
Placed 1st in the NEO Coding Compo 2009, APP section! Thanks for the $300! ~sm-36.gif~
Nickname: x711Li (Daniel Li)
Project name : LuAA
Division : DS APP
Original submission : YES
Support for Motion Card : YES
In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10 : NO
Download link: https://github.com/x711Li/LuAA
Description: Visual Novel Engine
============================================================================

LuAA (abbr. for Lua Ace Attorney) is a mobile adventure game engine programmed in an open-source distribution of the extensible language, Lua, namely MicroLua. MicroLua is designed for ARM hardware architecture, specifically for an ARM7/ARM9 processor configuration found in the Nintendo DS. Thus, it disallows allocation of memory past 4MB, internally. It is packaged with the compiled (proprietary) ARM7/ARM9 binaries to prevent user manipulation. However, the front-end programmed in MicroLua is powerful enough for user customizability (re-compile all included files using NDSTool).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:01:38 PM by x711Li »

Offline samel

• SpaghettiDSDev
Re: [NDS] Ace Attorney DS
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 03:23:31 AM »
Any screenshot?
--
Samel
"Close the world, txen eht nepo!"
"You will never break my mind!"

Offline x711Li

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 05:46:35 AM »
Any screenshot?

Added 14 screenshots. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:01:51 PM by x711Li »

Offline Romaap

• DS, Wii!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 09:32:39 PM »
Very nice, I love the Ace Attorney series =D
Romaap

Offline soulanger

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 01:07:13 AM »
This is very interesting...
Actually I love it. :D

Although it makes me should this be in the game section or application section?

Offline x711Li

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 04:10:16 AM »
This is very interesting...
Actually I love it. :D

Although it makes me should this be in the game section or application section?

There are no elements in there that make it a game. It's a game-maker, like VGMDS.

Offline x711Li

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 04:18:05 AM »
People have reported that this application crashes on different cards.

If it crashes and the .mp3 file plays the same portion over and over, delete the entire .mp3 archive from the AADS folder (AADS/sfx/mp3) to stop this from happening. .mp3 support is an extra and does not affect the application's core use so don't worry about not having it.

I will be adding .mod support in a future revision to prevent this from happening. The crashing with .mp3 files only occurs on some cards (reported on CycloDS). If this does not occur with you, do not bother doing anything.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 04:20:14 AM by B12Core »

Offline LFF

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 04:33:00 AM »
I tried putting this on my cart, and had about 180mb free, but before all the files could be copied over, I got an error saying that my card was full. Isn't AADS only about 62mb in total though?

Also, mp3 1337 is cheap. 

Actually, if possible, using a PC DS emulator, how would I get it to find the AADS folder when I boot the game?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 04:34:55 AM by LFF »

Offline x711Li

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 06:23:26 AM »
I tried putting this on my cart, and had about 180mb free, but before all the files could be copied over, I got an error saying that my card was full. Isn't AADS only about 62mb in total though?

Also, mp3 1337 is cheap. 

Actually, if possible, using a PC DS emulator, how would I get it to find the AADS folder when I boot the game?

It's 40 MB compressed into a .7z file. However, it should still only be about 60 megabytes coming out. I'm not sure why you're getting this error.

It uses FAT, I doubt you can easily get it working with a PC DS emulator. However, I'm making an EFS version that works off of no$gba emulator for a Phoenix Wright fan forum in about 3 days or so, I'll PM you the link.

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 07:53:06 AM »
How does it like... Save the game you've made? (do you need an extra 60 mb of space on your card for the created game?)

Offline x711Li

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 09:47:46 AM »
How does it like... Save the game you've made? (do you need an extra 60 mb of space on your card for the created game?)

One game is:

+ Two .ini files
+ Two case art .bin image files (if you choose to include case art)

The game you make should always be under 1 megabyte.

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 10:42:55 AM »
When I put it on my card, and right click the files to see the used space on the disc, the lowest number is 2x as big as the one above, wasting a lot of space. is there a way to fix that?
thamks for the info btw ^^
*posted using dsorganize*

Offline x711Li

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 11:51:07 AM »
When I put it on my card, and right click the files to see the used space on the disc, the lowest number is 2x as big as the one above, wasting a lot of space. is there a way to fix that?
thamks for the info btw ^^
*posted using dsorganize*

That's why I made it a .7z, to compress it very tight.

You only need most of those images in the beginning in the tutorials, they're included for your own resource to use.

However, if you choose to delete them, feel free. Any tutorials/cases requiring them will crash due to them not being there though.

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 03:53:23 AM »
That's not really what I meant... When I check the size in my documents, the upper number is 60 and the lowest is 77. When I put it on my ds, the lowest is WAY bigger, like, over 100

I was just browsing trough the files... Where the heck is that 1337.mp3 used for in the app 0.o
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 04:35:57 AM by St.Louis »

Offline x711Li

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 04:42:12 AM »
That's not really what I meant... When I check the size in my documents, the upper number is 60 and the lowest is 77. When I put it on my ds, the lowest is WAY bigger, like, over 100

I was just browsing trough the files... Where the heck is that 1337.mp3 used for in the app 0.o

Hmm... I'm not sure why you're getting that problem with .7z. The compression rate was only about 25% from what I remember...

And about the 1337.mp3, I'm glad you asked! It's the .mp3 used in the custom MP3 example, don't tell everyone what it is though :p