Author Topic: [REMOVED] Simple GBA Dumper  (Read 10192 times)

Offline leinad

[REMOVED] Simple GBA Dumper
« on: August 20, 2009, 04:16:19 AM »
** Deleted, because there is a small error that made the latest version useless **

~sm-31.gif~
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 02:14:34 AM by leinad »
-n00bey

Offline s_hansse

Re: Simple GBA Dumper
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 09:23:05 PM »
Well, if you're german I can ask it in german:
Gibt es schon ein Programm mit dem man gba dateien auf dem R4 abspielt?

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 10:23:27 PM »
Well, if you're german I can ask it in german:
Gibt es schon ein Programm mit dem man gba dateien auf dem R4 abspielt?

As I'm not German, I'll answer in english, if indeed the online translator did its job correctly...

It is impossible to play GBA games from a a slot-1 (nds) cart, you will always need to buy a slot-2 (gba) cart to play GBA software.
This program will copy the GBA game to your slot-1  cart, but you need to copy this to a slot-2 cart to actually play it.

Offline Kamanashi

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 10:35:58 AM »

It is impossible to play GBA games from a a slot-1 (nds) cart, you will always need to buy a slot-2 (gba) cart to play GBA software.

Actually, if you have the right add on that goes with your Flash Cart. You can play GBA roms off Slot-1. M3 DS Real has a GBA Ram Expansion just for this.

As for a question I have, each time i use it, it tells me I have no GBA cartridge or an invalid cartridge. I have tried multiple games and I still get the same message. I am using an M3 DS Real on a DS Lite if that has anything to do with it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 10:37:31 AM by Kamanashi »

Offline blastyrant

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 12:51:01 PM »
Actually, if you have the right add on that goes with your Flash Cart. You can play GBA roms off Slot-1. M3 DS Real has a GBA Ram Expansion just for this.

no, you would be using the slot1 to flash to slot2, and you are still playing off slot2. the slot1 hardware can not run the gba game.

Offline Kamanashi

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 01:15:34 AM »
no, you would be using the slot1 to flash to slot2, and you are still playing off slot2. the slot1 hardware can not run the gba game.
What I'm saying is that with an add on that goes in Slot 2, you can store your roms on slot 1 and still play them. I know how it works, and what you said is just an explanation of how my statement works.

Offline leinad

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 01:21:58 AM »
Still it's a fact that you need "a special thing" in slot-2 ^^

As for a question I have, each time i use it, it tells me I have no GBA cartridge or an invalid cartridge. I have tried multiple games and I still get the same message. I am using an M3 DS Real on a DS Lite if that has anything to do with it.

Which flashcard or if its a Lite or not shouldnt matter... The GBA-reading code should not be affected by this.
You are sure the GBA-cardridge is realy recognized (also when normally playing it).

In some cases I had to blow into the GBA-Card & The Slot-2 to get it working with my realy old games.
-n00bey

Offline SignZ

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 09:13:15 AM »
Still it's a fact that you need "a special thing" in slot-2 ^^

Which flashcard or if its a Lite or not shouldnt matter... The GBA-reading code should not be affected by this.
You are sure the GBA-cardridge is realy recognized (also when normally playing it).

In some cases I had to blow into the GBA-Card & The Slot-2 to get it working with my realy old games.
It's the same for me (I blew into the cartridge and the slot - didn't change anything)

FatInit ... Done
Please remove the GBA card!
*I do*
Finished Initialization > No or invalid cartridge!
Thou shalt not ignore God's SignZ

Offline Kamanashi

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 09:22:20 AM »
I tried blowing on the older ones I have, and still invalid or no gba cart.

Offline blastyrant

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 10:06:03 AM »
What I'm saying is that with an add on that goes in Slot 2, you can store your roms on slot 1 and still play them. I know how it works, and what you said is just an explanation of how my statement works.

no, i corrected your statement which said you can play games off slot1. the roms are never running off slot1, they are being flashed on-the-fly to slot2 where they execute. you can, in no way what-so-ever, play a gba rom from a slot1. that distinction is very important and saves us all from the constant posts by those who are confused by the way you chose to word your comments.

Offline leinad

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 02:12:02 AM »
Two ppl with the same problem o_o
I tested it again and now i get the same thing. I did millions of tests before and it worked, there must be some coding-error that sneaked in at the end x_x

God knows what happened; however, as this entry doesnt work and so has no feature (lol) i will take it out and hopefully will get it working until the next compo.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 02:16:35 AM by leinad »
-n00bey