Author Topic: Current software for the MD Myth  (Read 19948 times)

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Current software for the MD Myth
« on: December 25, 2009, 10:17:54 AM »
The current menu for the NeoMyth MD 3-in-1 cart is v2.9.3 and can be found in this thread.

The current PC client for writing menus and roms to the flash is v1.32 and can be found in this thread.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:15:34 AM by ChillyWilly »

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Re: Current software for the MD Myth
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »
thanks ChillyWilly ,we will update the APP soon too, with some bug fixing for N64  ~sm-42.gif~
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 12:16:36 PM »
That's good. As long as one of us updates the top post when the software updates, people always have a stickied thread on the top forum that points them to the latest release.
 :D

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 05:46:36 PM »
Very useful post ChillyWilly , nice idea to put them all together!

By the way , merry Christmas everyone !!!  ::sm-24.gif:: ::sm-24.gif::  :D :D

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 12:22:04 AM »
Merry Xmas!!
 ::sm-24.gif::  ::sm-29.gif::  ;D  ~sm-42.gif~  ::sm-24.gif::

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 02:07:34 AM »
 :D

By the way , the scheluded STABLE release of the plugin is before the end of the next week.Just have to add some "guard-code" for some new code /functionality ~sm-42.gif~

Offline MitchO

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 06:15:05 AM »
Is there anything particular that needs to be done to get the menu to recognize games on the SD card.

Mitch

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 08:55:40 AM »
Is there anything particular that needs to be done to get the menu to recognize games on the SD card.

The card needs to be formatted FAT16. Also, long names are ignored, and the maximum length of the path and file name is 255 characters. There is no room in the menu for FAT32, long names, or long paths. That will be in the enhanced menu.

The MD menu defaults to showing the Flash screen at startup. Press START once to get to the USB link screen, then once more to get to the SD card screen. Pressing START again will take you back to the Flash screen.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 08:58:47 AM by ChillyWilly »

Offline Jaymiester

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 10:21:22 AM »
Thanks for posting this thread. I've been following your efforts closely....but it's difficult to keep up with you guys. The improvements have come fast and furious...makes it very hard to keep up with what's current. 

Dr. Neo, ChillyWilly and Conle really should be getting every new item you guys make for free.....in advance....so they can start improving on your menu concepts as soon as possible.

I'm glad to see they made the N64 list....let's make that the Norm please.

You guys rock!!

Offline MitchO

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 12:31:16 PM »
The card needs to be formatted FAT16. Also, long names are ignored, and the maximum length of the path and file name is 255 characters. There is no room in the menu for FAT32, long names, or long paths. That will be in the enhanced menu.

The MD menu defaults to showing the Flash screen at startup. Press START once to get to the USB link screen, then once more to get to the SD card screen. Pressing START again will take you back to the Flash screen.

I have a 2 gig SD card and I verified it is formatted as FAT 16. I renamed a couple of games to use the 8.3 format and they are in the root of the card. I'm still getting a "No Entries" message when I go to SDC mode. I've tried .MD, .SMS and .BIN extensions. What am I missing here?

Mitch

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 06:57:19 PM »
I have a 2 gig SD card and I verified it is formatted as FAT 16. I renamed a couple of games to use the 8.3 format and they are in the root of the card. I'm still getting a "No Entries" message when I go to SDC mode. I've tried .MD, .SMS and .BIN extensions. What am I missing here?

Mitch

Maybe it can't enumerate the files because they're not patched with SuperMDPlug host or you didn't inserted the sd cart correctly( ? ) .

I'm working on a batch-patching app that will co operate just like md myth and the plugin.
 ::sm-29.gif::

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5812.msg42384.html#msg42384

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 02:14:36 AM »
Maybe it can't enumerate the files because they're not patched with SuperMDPlug host or you didn't inserted the sd cart correctly( ? ) .

I'm working on a batch-patching app that will co operate just like md myth and the plugin.
 ::sm-29.gif::

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5812.msg42384.html#msg42384

No, that can't be it. It will show ALL files regardless of whether or not it recognizes them. The only thing no entries could be is a problem with the card. Not all cards work - I made a list of working cards I have in the v1.0beta thread. I should probably split it off by itself.

Try a few different cards and see what you get. If none of the cards work, then something else is the problem (unless they're all the same brand and model card, of course). If you find some work and some don't, report all that so it can go in the list.

Also just a quick check, but roms work when flashed to the Neo2-SD, right? They show in a list on the first screen of the menu? The top line of the menu says Neo Super 32X/MD/SMS Menu v1.1b3 (or b2)?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:20:18 AM by ChillyWilly »

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 02:55:13 AM »
Oh i see  , sorry for the confusion :-\  ~sm-34.gif~

Offline MitchO

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 06:40:42 AM »
No, that can't be it. It will show ALL files regardless of whether or not it recognizes them. The only thing no entries could be is a problem with the card. Not all cards work - I made a list of working cards I have in the v1.0beta thread. I should probably split it off by itself.

Try a few different cards and see what you get. If none of the cards work, then something else is the problem (unless they're all the same brand and model card, of course). If you find some work and some don't, report all that so it can go in the list.

Also just a quick check, but roms work when flashed to the Neo2-SD, right? They show in a list on the first screen of the menu? The top line of the menu says Neo Super 32X/MD/SMS Menu v1.1b3 (or b2)?

It's a Kingston 2 gig SD card. I must have missed the compatibility list. I'll have to dig around and see what else I've got.

Yes, games that are flashed seem to work fine though I haven't tested all that many yet. I'm currently running 1.1b2, still need to upgrade to b3.

Mitch
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:27:44 AM by MitchO »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 06:59:34 AM »
1.1b3 won't make any difference as far as compatibility goes. I just wanted to make sure you were using something reasonably recent.