Author Topic: Issues With Windows XP and N64 Cart  (Read 3574 times)

Offline wraggster

• DCEmu Homebrew Network
Issues With Windows XP and N64 Cart
« on: January 15, 2010, 01:42:29 AM »
If im the only one suffering this then excuse my ignorance

I installed the latest software for the N64 Cart and it wont connect in the software, keeps saying wont load USB Slimloader ?

ive no idea what the software installed but my USB Wireless Modem wont work now since the software installed, i figure its something to do with the device drivers, anyone had the same issue ?

after hours of trying i thought i would try my Vista laptop and it installed and showed up straight away (so tonight i can start testing :))

Webmaster of DCEmu

The Worlds Only Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: Issues With Windows XP and N64 Cart
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 02:38:41 AM »
Very odd - usually it's the other way around... works fine in XP with problems on Vista.
 ???

I have v2.95 installed and working on a laptop with XP Pro... no problems.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 02:52:12 AM »
On XP it allows you to choose between 3 drivers to install if you have installed previously older version of ultra menu.

Don't select the one with the title "Neoflash team" but the first one.

Offline Link83

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 02:53:09 AM »
[Please disregard the below advice if using the Neo2 Ultra Menu V2.98 or later, as the new menu appears to install the Slimloader IV drivers correctly if you allow the 'Device Driver Installation Wizard' to automatically search for the drivers]

After installing the Neo2 Ultra Menu V2.95 for the first time I connected the N64 Myth Cart to my PC with Windows XP Pro SP2 the 'Device Driver Installation Wizard' popped up saying I needed to install the correct drivers for it, and I ended up having to direct the driver wizard to look in the 'NEO2 Ultra Menu' folder, then the 'DRIVER' folder, then 'XPorLater', and finally the 'x86' folder and then selected one of the two items inside (I cant remember which one I choose, but I just guessed!) The driver wizard finished and once I did that it worked fine  :)

If the Driver Wizard does not pop up for you when you connect the N64 Myth Cart then I think you can do the same thing manually by following these steps:-

1) Make sure the N64 Myth Cart is not connected to your PC and that the Neo2 Ultra Menu is not running.

2) Next locate the 'NEO2 Ultra Menu' folder (Where it was installed to) On my computer I let it install to the default directory which was the main C drive.

3) Try navigating to this folder:-

C:\NEO2 Ultra Menu\DRIVER\XPorLater

4) Double click the 'DPInst' icon (The icon looks like some PC parts and a parallel cable) Then the Device Driver Wizard should pop up.

5) Just keep clicking 'next' until the drivers have finished installing.

6) Connect the N64 Myth Cart to your PC and load the Neo2 Ultra Menu again.

I hope that helps  :D

Sorry I dont know why it would have conflicted with your USB Wireless Modem, but I hope these steps at least help you to connect to the N64 Myth Cart.

(Disclaimer - I take no responsibility should any of this advice mess up your computer in any way!)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 07:17:15 AM by Link83 »

Offline King Of Chaos

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 03:43:09 AM »
Which version of XP is it (Home/Pro/Media Center/etc.) and is it a 32-bit or 64-bit version?