Author Topic: [NDS GAME] Pokemon Ghost Black ReTold  (Read 20381 times)

Offline DesertDog

[NDS GAME] Pokemon Ghost Black ReTold
« on: August 20, 2010, 09:41:24 PM »
Nickname: Multiple:Option
Project name: Pokemon Ghost Black ReTold
Division: Retro GAME
Platform:DS
Original enter: YES
Support Motion: NO
In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10: NO

Project description:
Pokemon Ghost Black ReTold is a visual novel based on the "Creepy Pokemon Hack" story on Player's Pulse via Tiny Cartridge websites.

How to use:
Stylus/A to go to next page

I urge you to use a real Nintendo DS and a flash cart for the best experience. Emulators only if you're desperate, as it is a little flaky in an emu.

Download Page

About Me:
This is Multiple:Option's fifth Neo Compo. Big thanks to NeoTeam for supporting the homebrew scene and my dumb releases!

Previous Results:
Neo Spring 2008 - Game Melody Oratorio - DS GAME 4th
Neo Summer 2008 - Game Trivia Catechism - The Secret of Mister X - DS GAME 6th
Neo Spring 2009 - Anime Jo All-Star Kirifuda Taisen - DS GAME 9th
Neo Summer 2009 - Japanese Hiragana & Katakana Review - DS APP 1st
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:11:20 AM by Dr.neo »

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: Pokemon Ghost Black ReTold
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 09:50:30 PM »
Cool , i always enjoy visual novels that are well presented and with proper visuals and audio  ~sm-76.gif~.gif (as long as they're on portable devices  :) )
I will try it when i get the chance  ~sm-68.gif~.gif

Offline DesertDog

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 02:23:24 PM »
If you do get a chance to try my entry, please don't spoil the ending for others OK? :)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 08:12:53 PM »
Deal!  ~sm-65.gif~.gif

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: [NDS GAME] Pokemon Ghost Black ReTold
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 04:29:42 PM »

>:(

The ending was intense  ~sm-66.gif~.gif  >:D
I wouldn't want to try this back then when i was playing Pokemon games :P

And to provide some feedback : It was short(it lasts only for about 15~20minutes) , and at some points it could've been enhanced a bit more , but overall it was a nice experience.

ps - I recommend this to people that hate pokemon. Its ...  ~sm-34.gif~ payback time  :)

Offline DesertDog

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 12:54:38 PM »
As of April 5th 2011, this game has had 8000+ downloads. Pretty good for the entry that came dead last!  :)

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »
As of April 5th 2011, this game has had 8000+ downloads. Pretty good for the entry that came dead last!  :)

Being last had nothing to do with being bad, it had to do with the fact that it wasn't really a game or app, just a slide show (of sorts). Well, that and it had been entered into two previous compos.

Offline susiehaynes

• NEO newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 05:02:27 PM »
this is cool! i always enjoy playing pokemon. i'l try this. ~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-84.gif~.gif

Offline DesertDog

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 08:48:40 AM »
Being last had nothing to do with being bad, it had to do with the fact that it wasn't really a game or app, just a slide show (of sorts). Well, that and it had been entered into two previous compos.

Well, whether or not is was a "game" by traditional definition is debatable (I guessing you don't think Visual Novels are games either), but I don't know where you got the "entered into two previous compos" bit - this was made specifically for this competition (NEO 2010). You must be mistaking this for some other Pokemon-related entry.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 01:24:38 PM »
Well, whether or not is was a "game" by traditional definition is debatable (I guessing you don't think Visual Novels are games either), but I don't know where you got the "entered into two previous compos" bit - this was made specifically for this competition (NEO 2010). You must be mistaking this for some other Pokemon-related entry.

Errr - I think I misread your notice at the bottom on how well you did with other entries in other competitions... not that understand why anyone would put that in an entry to a contest as it could easily been seen as bragging. So yes, I did owe you a few points for originality. Sorry about that. And no, I don't consider a visual novel to be a game. If you make the interface a little more interactive, you could still do well. You'll notice that I scored the bird database rather high, and it's not a game either.