: GefaProjet name
: PSPOriginal enter
: NOSupport Motion
: NOIn last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10:
PSPDictionary is a multi-language translator for PSP (PlayStation Portable) written in Python, distribuited under the GNU General Public license.
PSPDictionary allows you to translate a word or a phrase from six language: English, Italiano, French, Deutsce, Spanish and Latin.
It’s possible to translate remaining offline. In this case, the program supports the translations freely distributed by Wikctionary ( http://wiktionary.org
). There are about 6000 translations for each language.
Besides, it’s possible to translate a word/phrase connecting your PSP online, choosing an online translation service. This can be: langtolang (www.langtolang.com
), Yahoo! Babel Fish (www.babelfish.yahoo.com
) or Google Translate (www.translate.google.com
).How to install
First of all, I remember you that this program works only on a PSP Far or Slim with a Custom Firmware by DAX.
So, download PSPDictionary from www.gefa.altervista.org
Then, extract the downloaded package, and copy the ‘python’ folder in the root of your memory stick, and the ‘PSPDictionary vX.X.X’ folder in the path X:\PSP\GAME
Congratulations, you have successfully installed PSPDictionary.How to useChangelog
## PSPDictionary v3.0.0Download
- First Public Release
- Added the langauge francese, tedesco and spagnolo.
- Code rewritten in Python
- Added an online mode. To change the modality (between offline/online) you must press the buttons L(offline) or R(online).
- Added a chronology, that shows the last ten translated words.
- Improved the online translations. Now, to translate (online) a word you must first indicate the fists language and then the language of the translation.
Moreover, the online translation is most fast
- Solved a bug in the chronology
- Now the servers supported are two: langtolang.com and babelfish.yahoo.com. Using babelfish.yahoo.com now it is possible to translate, besides words, also phrases
- Added the support for Google Translate. I want to thanks bibo aka bigboss for his help :-)
- Some little improvements
- Now the program seves in the file translations.txt the translations
For example, when you translate 'che cosa farai questa sera?', from italian to english, connecting your psp online at the server Google Translate,
in the file translations.txt will be written:
Word\Sentence: che cosa farai questa sera?
Translation: what to do tonight?
- Now the program is distributed under the GNU General Public License.
- Improved the offline mode, adding the support for the translations freely distributed by Wiktionary. Now there are about 6000 translations for each language
Besides for the offline mode has been added a new language: the latin.
- Some little improvements
- Added the NeoFlashCompo2009 splash screen.
- Solved a bug in the langtolang translations. Now the program shows all the translations.
- Added the IWDC official splash screen
- Code re-written by using the OSLib MOD library, which is ported to Python by Sakya
- Added Sony's official dialogs
- Now PSPDictionary is compatible with WIFI connections protected by WPA
- Solved some bugs
- Graphic improved
- Chronology mode improved. Now is possible to see all translations done too, not just the name of the word translated as in past versions