Author Topic: [PSP APP] Snes9X Euphoria R4  (Read 18041 times)

Offline Zack

[PSP APP] Snes9X Euphoria R4
« on: August 21, 2010, 02:41:40 AM »
Nickname: Zack
Projet name: Snes9x Euphoria R4
Division: RETRO GAMES
Platform: PSP Game
Original enter: YES
Support Motion: NO
In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10: NO

Project Description

Snes9X Euphoria R4, is a Snes emulator for the PSP that plays most games at full speed. It supports most roms.

-- Changes in this version :

Rendering Rehash - Speed Up.
Function clean up - Small speed up.
Fixed Memory stick read error.
Various fixes.

Issues

If you click load new game and the game just sits on a black screen... Click the home button again then press "reset snes".

Screenshots

Download

Snes9x Euphoria R4

Edit : download now includes the neoflash splash image, as required :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:47:29 AM by Dr.neo »
My Releases :

Wolfenstein 3D  For PSP V5.0
(With Sound & Music, Game Loader, Full Version Support of : Wolf3D + Spear Of Destiny + Spear Of Destiny Episode 2 & 3, Cheats, Save Support & More!)

Offline flofrucht

• NEO newbie
Re: Snes9X Euphoria R4
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 07:58:31 AM »
thanks zack,you are really fast at coding =)

Offline nickxab

Re: [PSP APP] Snes9X Euphoria R4
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 02:55:56 PM »
Nice work man.
Keep it up.  :) :) :)

Offline Dr4k3n

• NEO newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 03:22:17 AM »
It would be nice if you say that it's based on Snes9xTyl of rukka and that you just make improvement on it.  ::sm-13.gif::

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 01:45:24 AM »
Is it supposed to hang on a black screen right after the app boots ?  ~sm-34.gif~

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 03:49:48 AM »
Is it supposed to hang on a black screen right after the app boots ?  ~sm-34.gif~

Apparently, yes. Does the same thing for me. Might be when he added the NeoFlash splash, he goofed up something. From the edit to the OP, he forgot the NF splash and added it at the last second. That often results in kablooey.  :'(

Offline davidgf

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 06:03:51 AM »
Is it legal to submit modifications of other people homebrew? In my opinion it's not fair.
This work is based on lots of previous works from various coders, so maybe the work done in the homebrew represents a 1% of code (just guessing).
I wouldn't like that someone borrowed my code and do such a thing. This complete breaks the open source spirit (again in my humble opinion).

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 06:52:52 AM »
Is it legal to submit modifications of other people homebrew? In my opinion it's not fair.
This work is based on lots of previous works from various coders, so maybe the work done in the homebrew represents a 1% of code (just guessing).
I wouldn't like that someone borrowed my code and do such a thing. This complete breaks the open source spirit (again in my humble opinion).

Well, that's a topic for debate, certainly. Part of it is how much they did. Certainly most programs are not going to be 100% your own code. Did you write libc? How about libpng? Or libmad? If you look at it that way, my own entry is mostly other people's code. I don't count off for libs, though. They were MEANT to be used by other people in their programs. An improvement to a program is a bit more tricky. How much was changed? Is the change really noticeable? I think it has nothing to do with "fair" - just grade the contribution... is it an unnoticeable improvement that makes no difference to the operation of the program? Give them a 0 and move on. If it's a big improvement that makes the program much more usable, give more points.
 :D

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 10:17:31 AM »
Apparently, yes. Does the same thing for me. Might be when he added the NeoFlash splash, he goofed up something. From the edit to the OP, he forgot the NF splash and added it at the last second. That often results in kablooey.  :'(

::sm-07.gif:: Oh well  :P

Offline grisomm

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 01:32:03 AM »
 ~sm-80.gif~.gif ~sm-80.gif~.gif ~sm-80.gif~.gif Please update!  I've been following the N64 dev. team for a long time, and was excited to see people are still working on psp apps (seems like the scene died a few years ago, first time I was introduced to  Chilly willys wonderful work  )  But I get the same hang up screen.  Any chance you could also upload the previous version without the NF splash until you can fix it?    Im really egar to see the head way made since snes9xtyl, expecially the speed increases   ~sm-43.gif~ ~sm-43.gif~   Thanks 

Offline grisomm

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 02:25:26 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D  Sorry to waste your guys time, found the fix if you have the app hang up on initial boot.  From this, read cosmics post:  http://www.retroemu.com/forum/index.php?/topic/306-main-issues/page__p__2065&#entry2065__s__d3e02bd38fcfe766e1af8e4a0e414935   

You need to download snes9xtyl Euphoria R2.1, copy the snes9xtyl.ini file into your ms:0:/PSP/GME/SNES9XTYL/ folder  (same folder as the eboot found in your psp).    Fixed my problem on 5.00m33-6.  also, included in that post you need to watch for your rom totals in the rom directory, typical of snes loader.   Will cause crash.  THANK YOU AGAIN ZACK AWESOME work!  Now I eat watermellon  ~sm-59.gif~.gif  ~sm-59.gif~.gif  ~sm-59.gif~.gif

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 03:51:30 AM »
Yes, that does get the program running. However, now that it's running, I don't see why it was entered in the contest. Other than the NeoFlash image, it's pretty much identical to all recent versions of SNES9X for the PSP. There have been a few internal changes for some games, but that's not enough to warrant inclusion in the contest.

Offline davidgf

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 08:47:48 PM »
An "easy" way to know this is to ask the author for the sources and make a diff. ChillyWilly or other PSP experienced coders could evaluate the improvements and say if it's a great change or not. Just an idea!

Offline grisomm

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 08:42:07 AM »
I agree chilly willy.  Not trying to flame, but seems none of the games I was hoping to run better/faster, ie metroid, super mario world2, are unplayable with the changes.  Damn, still have to play super metroid at 3/4 the speed.   :'(

Offline Zack

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 05:00:13 PM »
ok lets clear some things up. i have been working on this for tue last year. this isnt a cheap hack or a few minutes of work. there is a noticable speed increase from v2.1 to this.

thanks
My Releases :

Wolfenstein 3D  For PSP V5.0
(With Sound & Music, Game Loader, Full Version Support of : Wolf3D + Spear Of Destiny + Spear Of Destiny Episode 2 & 3, Cheats, Save Support & More!)