Author Topic: Reviews by Chilly Willy  (Read 11370 times)

Offline Jovin

• NEO newbie
Re: Reviews by Chilly Willy
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 12:55:46 AM »
In any case, I'm sure some would probably be better on a real NDS.

You note that playability is different in case of some games.
 ::sm-17.gif::

« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 01:08:03 AM by Jovin »

Offline leooomichel

• NEO newbie
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 11:36:47 AM »
Just wana say that Undead Terror Demo is open source too (http://undeadterror.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/undeadterror/Undead%20Terror/) (I just forgot it was, shame on me  ::sm-03::), actuals source are truely ugly, we are working to fix that :)   ~sm-91.gif~.gif

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 01:36:42 PM »
Just wana say that Undead Terror Demo is open source too (http://undeadterror.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/undeadterror/Undead%20Terror/) (I just forgot it was, shame on me  ::sm-03::), actuals source are truely ugly, we are working to fix that :)   ~sm-91.gif~.gif

Nice! That bumped you a couple spots, but it's still not too high on my list. Just in time - everything is frozen on the 5th as that's the end of judging.

Ugly sources are better than no sources at all.  :D  This is just the sort of game I liked to play when I was little, so I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy playing it now. Really, it's like Missile Command, but with zombies.  ~sm-79.gif~.gif  One Saturday many years ago, I played Missile Command on the 2600 ALL DAY until I wrapped the score around. Took about 18 hours. I just can't do that anymore, but it did remind me of that day. I almost gave this and Save the Castle extra points just for reminding me of that. Almost.  ~sm-63.gif~.gif

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2010, 01:04:44 AM »
Gave Bilous Apple Assault bonus points for open source... in fact, it's kind of an example done for the GameEditorDS tools.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgametools/files/

Offline Gaz

• DS Homebrew
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 07:16:50 AM »
Thank-you for the review and position :)

::sm-17.gif::  ::sm-17.gif::

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 07:42:22 AM »
Thank-you for the review and position :)

::sm-17.gif::  ::sm-17.gif::

No problem. While any one of the features in your app wouldn't have merited a top position, having all of them together makes it a good teaching tool for music, and I think music is important.
 ~sm-36.gif~

Offline Gaz

• DS Homebrew
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 08:11:36 AM »
Music is improtant on so many level  8)

And more importantly for me, to develop a music application on the DS and move myself away from the PC.  I spend far too many hours in front of the PC and indoors, it's so nice to be able to practice on the move and at lesuire,  (large part of the reasoning behind the app).

Offline DesertDog

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
Hey everyone,

Just want to state that being open source is not a prerequisite for the competition.

This reviewer has chosen to make open source a criteria in his/her reviews, which they are entitled to do.

However, your final official ranking will not be influenced by whether your code is open source or not.

- M:O

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2010, 09:07:44 AM »
Hey everyone,

Just want to state that being open source is not a prerequisite for the competition.

This reviewer has chosen to make open source a criteria in his/her reviews, which they are entitled to do.

However, your final official ranking will not be influenced by whether your code is open source or not.

- M:O

Yes, quite. I'm a programmer, so it was somewhat important to me... just enough to warrant a few extra points. You'll notice I made it the same as making an educational/thinking program. Other reviewers will have their own ideas and priorities. One reviewer has already remarked that fun/usefulness is not part of his reviews either. That's entirely up to him, and I have no qualms about it. It's why the contest has multiple people reviewing the entries - the more reviews, the better as then you will cover more viewpoints leading to a better overall view of the entries.

Offline Nacho Cuesta

• NEO Coding Compo 2010 Winner
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2010, 06:48:38 PM »
Hey, thanks for your incredible score to Duyumania  ;D

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2010, 11:56:46 PM »
Hey, thanks for your incredible score to Duyumania  ;D

It was #1 or 2 for everybody, I think. It's almost certainly this year's winner. If not, it should be.  ~sm-65.gif~.gif

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2010, 09:04:30 PM »
Almost forgot about that... to make it easier, here's a list of non-original entries:
Super Smash Bros
Port Bubble (placed in top 10)
PSP Dictionary (placed in top 10)

and a list of games that support motion:
Super Extreme Smile
Flake Out
Scribble Jump
Avia

thanks for your mention  ~sm-41.gif~
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......