Author Topic: Neo PC-E Flash Cart compatability list  (Read 4178 times)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: Neo PC-E Flash Cart compatability list
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 08:03:12 PM »
Good job  :)
Time to update the old thread  :D

Edit : http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6438.0.html
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:10:20 PM by Conle »

Offline wilykat

• NEO newbie
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 08:33:58 AM »
Hi, new person here but am seriously considering buying this.

First up, I have TG-16 with complete CD system (works, and have another CD base, no CD system) so I am wondering if the save files on CD base system would work or if I need to get the SAVE version for $20 more?

#2: I also have old files of Space Fantasy Zone. I wanted to play it but I could only play it via emulator. Can it be used on the flash card or do I need to burn a disk and pray it works on my TurboCD?  I heard TurboCD isn't friendly with CD-Rs while Turbo Duo is but I don't want to spend some hundred dollars just to play one CD-R.

TIA

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 03:01:58 PM »
I also have old files of Space Fantasy Zone. I wanted to play it but I could only play it via emulator. Can it be used on the flash card

If it's a CD image, then no, it can't be run from a flash card.

Offline emuola

• NEO newbie
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 03:35:39 PM »
What's the situation compatibilitywise with the latest 1.11 Beta bios? Any experiences? I'm thinking about buying a 128Mb version and would like to know if the beta bios solves (most of) the problems?

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 05:04:35 PM »
The newer menues do not improve compability. They're just costmetic upgrades (showing a list of games instead of just one at a time, etc).

If you use good dumps, run the patch tool posted by ChillyWilly, and use the correct region setting when burning the ROMs there's no real reason why any game should fail.

Offline emuola

• NEO newbie
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 06:21:03 PM »
Ok, thanks mic_ :)

and use the correct region setting when burning the ROMs

I guess that means I can choose JP/US in "USB writing system" app when burning? Or am I completely lost here?

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 06:56:38 AM »
Ok, thanks mic_ :)

I guess that means I can choose JP/US in "USB writing system" app when burning? Or am I completely lost here?

US/Jap selection is for the CONSOLE, not the game. PC-Engines (Japanese) have the data bits on the bus backwards compared to the TurboGrafx (US/Eur). The rom images are all in "native" orientation, and the setting in the Neo2 Manager tells it which way to burn the data so that it appears on the bus the proper way for which console you have. So if you have a PC-Engine, set the client to Jap for ALL games, US or not. If you have a TurboGrafx, set it to US for ALL games, Japanese or not.

Offline emuola

• NEO newbie
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 01:46:25 PM »
US/Jap selection is for the CONSOLE, not the game. PC-Engines (Japanese) have the data bits on the bus backwards compared to the TurboGrafx (US/Eur). The rom images are all in "native" orientation, and the setting in the Neo2 Manager tells it which way to burn the data so that it appears on the bus the proper way for which console you have. So if you have a PC-Engine, set the client to Jap for ALL games, US or not. If you have a TurboGrafx, set it to US for ALL games, Japanese or not.

Ok, I have a region select mod on my TG16 (pal). So, I just set all games to US (and keep my region switch on "US"), use good dumps and the tool mentioned earlier and I should be good to go :)

Offline ndial

• NEO newbie
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 09:06:37 PM »
Hi guys!
Having bought the NEO2 64MB flash cart recently for my beloved PC Engine (Japan), well I came across this thread, as I was having lots of trouble to find proper working roms. So I've been way too dissapointed with the cart (not a hardware fault I know, but if I knew that most of the roms out there are ****, probably I wouldn't buy it).
So, what would be the proper app to fix these roms?
or
is out there any pack of working roms via NEO flash cart?
 ::sm-09.gif::

Offline meka

• NEO newbie
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 11:36:25 PM »
The best rom sets available are called no intro rom sets, which can be downloaded from: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56293-No-Intro-Collection-(Complete-ROM-Sets)*

I order to download the roms you need to register.

Offline ndial

• NEO newbie
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 11:59:18 PM »
Excellent meka, excellent!
I'm already registred to it, but I've never considered to download PCE goodies from there!
Thanks man!