Author Topic: NEO Summer Retro Coding Contest 2012 for all retro platform announcement  (Read 24525 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
NEO Summer Retro Coding Contest 2012 for all retro platform announcement
*** close time: Aug.20th 2012 ***

* Homebrew Game division
There are top 3 winners for all platform

* Homebrew APP division
There are top 3 winners for all platform

Note: The platform just specify to the retro console, something like NES/PC-E/MD/SNES/N64/GBA/NDS/PSP ......

The rules of NEO Summer retro coding contest 2012:

[1] All original entries will get +5 "original score " , but the second entry (same project from last contest but improved, and just enter one more time again ) will don't get any "original score" in this contest.

[2] If your production have enter other contest before, you can use it to enter this NEO contest still.

[3] The No.1 winner from last Neo contest can't use their same project (even it come with many updated) to enter this contest again.

[4] You can submit more than one project for any platform at the same time, without any limit.

[5] You must put the NEO Retro Compo badge and NEO website link to your program and show it when start to run.

Here is the badge for this compo, every coder can modify the badge size and background color to match with your project color, just please keep our design style, don't modify it too much 

The top 3 prize list for the winners:

The No.1 : US$500 cash , OR choose any items from the www.ic2005.com NEO online shop, just not over U$800 total value.

The No.2 : US$300 cash , OR choose any items from the www.ic2005.com NEO online shop, just not over U$500 total value.

The No.3 : US$200 cash , OR choose any items from the www.ic2005.com NEO online shop, just not over U$300 total value.
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline magicblack2009

• NEO newbie
    • My blog
This is a very good new, I will try to part.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
welcome,even though this decision is coming later, but anyway it is happened finnaly  ~sm-75.gif~.gif
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline NightFox

• NightFox & Co.
I'll enter my game later. Need to make a video with gameplay and send it to youtube.

I'm realy glad we can participate another year in this great compo ^^
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:28:10 PM by NightFox »

Offline 10$man

• NEO newbie
Thank you Dr. Neo!!!
I will definitely enter in this compo!

Alright, so I was planning on making a gameboy game, but I realized that having this image in it would take up most of the tiles that the gameboy could hold (if not all). So I don't know what I should do....

I thought of a creative way to handle this.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 12:53:50 AM by 10$man »

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
but I realized that having this image in it would take up most of the tiles that the gameboy could hold (if not all).

This is not a problem because you don't have to show the logo in-game - you just have to put it before the title screen. There's only a limit on how many tiles you can display in any given frame, not on the total number of tiles you can store in your ROM (well, there's obviously a limit on that as well, but MBC3 gives you up to 2 MByte of ROM space and I doubt your game needs *that* many tiles).

Offline 10$man

• NEO newbie
I realize this, I got it all sorted out. Thank you though!

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
I wasn't expecting this ! I guess I'll have to make something then ! :D

Offline dieudunet

• dieudunet
What a suprised !!!!!!

I haven't code anything since 6 months, but I will try to submit something running on SNES.

1 month... good challenge :D
C is for N00b
ASM rules

Offline Cid2Mizard

• cid2mizard.dev-fr.org
Good news  :)
www.nintendomax.com 100% Hack - 0% Warez

Offline KungFuFurby

• NEO newbie
Hooray!   ::sm-29.gif::

Offline sarang

~sm-75.gif~.gif
It's great news! I started my project on the weekend   
~sm-54.gif~.gif
About one month of development time, seems perfect. This is gonna be a lot of fun... 
~sm-48.gif~.gif
Good luck everyone!
 ~sm-42.gif~

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
is good to se the contest goes on!

Just no more reviewers division ~sm-63.gif~.gif, anyway hope to see nice games again, in special for N64 never a homebrew game has been posted for a competition

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
Good to see another competition. I'm subscribed to a lot of neo forums but didn't get any notification for this (email updates delayed?), I just decided to look at the main site by chance. I'll spread the news.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:37:30 PM by Sektor »

Offline wraggster

• DCEmu Homebrew Network
awesome news, posted it on dcemu and informed the big sites like engadget, joystiq, slashdot and kotaku

Webmaster of DCEmu

The Worlds Only Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.