Author Topic: Flash save type Save Manager  (Read 19990 times)

Offline nintendo60george

• NEO newbie
Re: Flash save type Save Manager
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2015, 03:07:51 AM »
Yay, I got it to erase and write the save cleanly. All I had to do was erase 4 banks instead of 8 and write a bank after each erase (it writes again later and spits out read errors, but it works!). :D

I tried to write a save reader, too, but can't figure out how to output to another file within the .z64 program. Seems easy to code that or fix the built-in reading function.

Offline sanni

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2015, 04:30:15 PM »
Anyway here is what I have been working on for the last 24hrs

It lets you copy cartridge savegames from the SD card to the game cartridge and also the other way around.

The only supported flashram games right now are:
- Jet Force Gemini PAL (Flashram Type 1)
- Majoras Mask (Flashram Type 2)
- Pokemon Stadium 1 (Flashram Type 2)

Also confirmed working for me are:
- Super Mario 64 for 4K Eeprom
- Perfect Dark for 16K Eeprom
- F-Zero X and Zelda OOT for SRAM.

I only tested it on the Neo2 SD, I'm not sure if it will also work with the Neo2 Pro.

Download:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:23:45 AM by sanni »

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2015, 01:56:32 AM »
Good stuff.

sanni,
If you could turn this into a more sophisticated tool for original cartidge save ram backup/restore tool (compared to menu's functionality) it would be VERY useful.

ps i will make a news post about it later ....

edit : btw don't forget to set sd speed to slow mode since some sdcs might not work with fast mode.The best thing that mythaware apps should do ,
is to check if /menu/n64/.fast file is present (test is performed by the menu) , and set the fast_flag to 1 , otherwise 0...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 02:11:59 AM by Conle »

Offline sanni

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2015, 07:47:50 PM »
Thanks for the advice  :)

I now have changed the SD access code from the one I took out of Chilly Williy's Simple Music Media Player to the one that comes with your Gnuboy64 and just call mount_card() which I hope will set the correct speed.

It still works for me so that is a good sign.  ~sm-60.gif~.gif
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:22:58 AM by sanni »

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2015, 10:39:05 PM »
It works , but you shouldn't be calling mount card function directly.
Just use fs_drv_init(NULL,0); since it does other things(identify card type / initialize diskio asm byteswap routines / etc)...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:43:00 PM by Conle »

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2015, 03:30:04 AM »
it's so nice funcion  ~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-55.gif~.gif
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline sanni

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2015, 11:24:24 PM »
I found a nice flashram test program in the official SDK and after compiling it, it tells me that both my Majoras Mask and Pokemon Stadium carts have flashram of the "MX C" type while my Jet Force Gemini cartridge's flashram is "MX B or D".

My JFG flashram has the following printed on the chip "29L1101KC" while the chip inside Pokemon Stadium chip "29L1100KC".

Overall there seem to exist Macronix A, C, B/D and Matsu****a flash chips. The official SDK detects them by their ID and probably chooses the way to read/write to them accordingly.

Now I need to find a game with a Macronix A and one with a Matsu****a flashram to see if and how they behave differently.
And as a bonus it would be nice to find out how to read the flashrams ID. Sadly Nintendo's libultra is not open source so I can't have a look how it handles the different types.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:26:23 PM by sanni »

Offline Jimmiejoe

• NEO newbie
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2015, 07:55:56 AM »
Do you run this code independently or does it get incorporated in the Manager software?  Would like to back up both Stadium 1 and Stadium 2. Anyone know if there is a Stadium sav editor in the works?

Offline sanni

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2015, 02:44:34 PM »
It's an independent program, you download the N64SAVERW BETA2.zip file from reply #33, extract it and put the N64SAVERW rom on your SD card. Then you launch it from the Neo N64 Myth Menu.

So far I have implemented 2 of the 3 major flashram chips, here is a list of what game uses which chip. The games where the flashram chip is written in green color probably can't be dumped yet because I didn't buy a cartridge with that chip yet to test and modify my code.

In the program 29L1101KC should be dumped with flashram type 1 and 29L1100KC with type 2 if I am not mistaken. MN63F81MPN will be type 3 once I have aquired a cartridge with that chip.

Oh and if anyone has the two missing cartridges Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest and NBA Courtside 2 and would be so kind to open them and tell me what flashram chip they have, that would be great.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:46:14 PM by sanni »

Offline Jimmiejoe

• NEO newbie
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2015, 08:25:26 AM »
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time has a battery.

Do you know if your program with backup this cart in the event the battery needs to be replaced?

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2016, 12:17:48 AM »
Excellent work Sanni :)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2016, 09:44:03 AM »
it's awesome! ~sm-78.gif~.gif
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline SuperNintendoDisney

• NEO newbie
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2016, 09:39:45 AM »
All of these devices and programs look amazing, but where can I purchase a set that is ready for use? I am still very interested and would like to know what I need to buy and what I need to install in order to backup and restore saves to a cartridge, thank you very much

Offline sanni

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2016, 01:39:14 AM »
If you want to backup and restore save games from/to N64 cartridges the easiest way is to buy a Neo N64 Myth flash cart and use my N64 SAVE Reader/Writer BETA2 program I attached in this post.
It is still in testing stage so there might be bugs and not everything might be working.
~sm-54.gif~.gif
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:14:56 PM by sanni »

Offline MASTER260

• NEO newbie
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2016, 11:22:50 PM »
Question: I haven't used or copied anything to my N64 Myth Cart yet, and I don't have Windows XP.  As someone who's never used the flashcart before, how would I set it up so I can use it to dump a Pokemon Stadium 2 (Pokemon Stadium GS) save file to an SD Card?