Author Topic: NEO COMPO 2010 Reviews By Aleomark: forum and magazine style!  (Read 16957 times)

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
NEO COMPO 2010 Reviews By Aleomark: forum and magazine style!
« on: September 06, 2010, 05:36:25 AM »
Hello people, I'm presenting my reviews in 2 formats: the first one in a forum style (nothing extraordinary) and in a second way that is a retro magazine style in a .pdf! It even has Neo commercials, old console and some retro movies commercials xD. I hope you like it because I put a lot of time and work in that! And the forum version is just a formality, well I guess I didn't see any rules about the reviews xD, see you later!

Download reviews in magazine style .pdf: Here
Mirrors
zippyshare
zshare
filefactory
easy-share
Megaupload

Watch online reviews in magazine style: Here

More mirrors in a few minutes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REVIEWS BY ALEOMARK
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the review for every application and new game launched on the NEO COMPO 2010 contest, all the system analized with neutrality and objetivity IN A FORUM STYLE.

*****************************APPS*****************************

#1 [PSP] Snes9x Euphoria R4

Well, what we have in this first application, a port from the famous SNES9X emulator for PSP.  But no at all, lets see, there was already a few SNES9X ports before, so it’s no like the author made it all, he just put some little improvements to the already ported version of SNES9X, mm some people debate if that was good enough to get in to the contest, apparently yes it was, but enough for win? Let’s see, it has decent sound, but no perfect, controls are ok, image fine, but that was there before, the author claims that this version play games at full speed and more compatibility, I liked how that sounds so I took my psp, play the emulator and try to finally see Mario Kart on PSP but wait a moment, it’s still unplayable, oh what a shame! The menus on Mario Kart was a mess and on a race you only see a few part of top image, well later played Mario All Stars, and the game does go on full speed just a little better than previous ports. I believe this is a good app, but it needs more than just a few changes for being more than just nice, and it is not original!!!.

Qualification:

#2 [PSP] PSPDictionary 3.1.0

Let’s continue with more reviews, this time it’s an aplication named PSPDictionary that makes dictionary functions (I never realized that with that complicated name, lol). 
   There’s not much to say except that it works fine, just have in mind that writing on psp is difficult, it has different languages for translating words or big lines, you can use it online and offline, it’s a nice application for your psp that maybe useful sometimes or maybe your would never would need it, but anyway it’s good to have the option and its cool this kind of homebrew in order to make more things with your system.

Qualification:

#3 [PSP]  Cristal Vista 7.0 DEMO

Create a PSP Shell is not original, ok we all know that, but it has credits because the look and sound is amazing but wait again, I know the look, I had bad dreams with that skin, why? Because is Windows Vista look and feel, OMG why I’ll want this on PSP, no idea, and obviously is not an original graphic art, even trying to ignore that, when you look the title you can get disapointed, why? Is only a demo, oh damm! Maybe this application has great potential but right now isn’t great, is just another shell, even less, is just another shell “DEMO”.

Qualification:

#4 [PSP] Attractive Pixel App!

Now we have a simple, but really simple graphic creator for PSP, it reminds me a lot the eternal Paint aka “Pain” xD, it’s just that, a simple but effective software made to create graphics on your PSP, but only simple things, nothing too much complicated, it has some bugs it is not perfect.

Qualification:

#5 [PSP] Ultimate VSH Menu Final

This is a plugin in order to control more options and customize you psp, it is not original because there are lots of pluggins that already do that, even new CF has this kind of plugins insert,  is nice, but don’t wait a new revolution of PSP homebrew. And remember this is a contest not a market don’t put donation links!

Qualification:

#6 [N64] Genescript

Conle said: “GeneScript or "Genesis Script" or "GS" is an interpreted scripting language like LUA/Python with compiler and virtual machine but has C-Like syntax and does not require entry point function”.
   In this case I have to say that this is a great tool that will be very useful for programmers; with this homebrew tool you can easily create scripts. Try to look something bad was difficult maybe that these tool is not for N64 gamers only for programmers because it can be complex for regular users without programming knowledge.

Qualification:

#7 [N64] Simple Music Player SMP

I have to be honest, initially before use SMP I was thinking, maybe is a nice app that do his work but why I would want to play music on N64 when in these days even hand clocks and glasses do that (really look in eBay) ? but after play the app and search an MP3 of my favorite music and listened “vamos vamos Argentina...”, my opinion change, it’s sooooo cooool play MP3 on N64, is nice this kind of really useful app, and not boring apps and demos or half made apps, until this app I was getting bored and even think of not continue anymore, ok if I have something to critic maybe is that SMP no display any info of MP3 tags, that would be nice on a future version, but for now don’t do that, other problem maybe is that this only works with Neo N64 Myth cart and not with other backups units but we have to remember this is a NEO Contest, in that context we can ignore that. Biggest problem it isn’t original idea, but it’s the first music player for N64.

Qualification:

#8 [PCE] Hunter

Ok, now we have this nsf files player for PC-Engine, it is really simple program, that do his work just fine, it has a boring interface that looks like a NES, sound is ok but no perfect, and that’s  it, it’s cool to see new homebrew for old systems especially one soooo old. xD.

Qualification:

#9 [NDS]  Avia : Your Personal Birdwatcher's Guide!

Ok, this is a weird application, is more for a PC than for a NDS, but if you like birds watching and posses a NDS this is going to be awesome for you, but if you don’t you’ll never use it, so graphics and sounds are fine, it has a quiz option were you can show your knowledge about birds.

Qualification:

#10 [NDS] DScritor

This other app is like mix Paint with a very simple writing software for your NDS, I hate the music, graphics is hard to say I guess this no apply for this app, it’s nice that you can read documents, and for this function maybe you’ll use sometimes that’s better than never.

Qualification:

#11 [NDS]  DSLamp

I don’t know why somebody send this to Neo Compo, maybe for people to see this app but no waiting to win, it’s just too simple, it only shows colors when you press buttons.

Qualification:

#12 [NDS] ETCH (NDS)

This app is another paint like program, doesn’t make too much fun, just only for do simple images with your NDS.

Qualification:

#13 [NDS]  fb4nds - Facebook for DS

This app is so great, now NDS users can access to Facebook any moment trough their NDS, It’s great, and has a useful keyboard simulator witch make things easy no like other consoles. People will use a lot this app in future!

Qualification:

#14 [NDS] Jazzier Suite 2.0

This is another weird app, is very useful if you practice some musical instrument but if you don’t  you’ll never use it.

Qualification:

#15 [NDS]  Online Jukebox DS

This app is nice for you if you like to listen music by stream, it has the annoying limitation to only go to 64kbps so sound isn’t very good. But if you don’t mind you’ll love it.

Qualification:

#16 [NDS] Tirada2

A simple app to roller dice just that, you can choose from 21 different dice.

Qualification:

*****************************GAMES*****************************

#17 [MD] Mega-Drive Space Pixy

I guess somebody like mushrooms... and is not Mario XD, let’s see, this game has decent graphics but there’s only a few and without too much animations, a entertain storyline, I loved it, it’s about how Space Pixy...spoiler, you’ll have to play it, is the kind of game that you can love or hate, no intermediate, it’s cool to play a while but quickly you can get bored, the music doesn’t  help in that, it’ll get you sleep, so prepare a cup of coffee, in general this game is fine, and deserves extra credit because was the only one for Sega Genesis (aka Sega Mega Drive).

Graphics: 6
Sound: 5
Control: 6
Fun: 6
Duration: 10

Qualification:

#18 [Wii] NanoMechas

This is a shooter from the old school, with a bird eye camera, The controls are dificult to use, the background music is regular but very repetitive graphics are nice, it’s long enough to have you busy for a while. It’s difficult so maybe you’ll prefer to play it with your friends.

Graphics: 7
Fun: 7

Qualification:

#19 [Wii] Scape

On scape you will have to jump up using this balls in order to get to the bug with legs, it has 4 chapters, were the first one is the easier and eventually will get more complicated. It’s a nice puzzle game, only bad thing it’s too short.

Graphics: 5
Sound: 8
Fun: 8
Duration: 4

Qualification:

#20 [PSP] 4S Side Scrolling Space Shooter

This is a retro shooter, with no sound on background, it’s just nice but no spectacular.

Sound: 1
Fun: 4

Qualification:

#21 [PSP] Age Of Nations RC1

A basic Real Time Strategy game very similar to Age Of empires, I don’t like these  kind of games actually hate them, so maybe my opinion for this game review it’s not neutral.

Graphics: 8
Control: 8
Duration: 8

Qualification:

#22 [PSP] BreakOut4PSP

This is just an arkanoid aka breakout clone, it has decent graphics but this kind of game only needs simple graphics. It’s really fun if it is your first time playing, but it’s not an original idea.
Control: 5
Fun: 5
Qualification:

#23 [PSP] Mario Fusion

This is another Mario Clone with more speed, it’s fine but no amazing, and the thing with speed didn’t make happy.

Sound: 3
Duration: 7

Qualification:

#24 [PSP] Mario Masochism

This is another Mario clone with a very high difficult nearly impossible to play and that makes it annoying, so if you like Mario clones won't miss it, but if you do better stay away.

Control: 4

Qualification:

#25 [PSP] Portable Bubble v2.1.0

This is a Puzzle Bobble clone. This is a nice puzzle game with a lot of fun for you, I love it. But it is not an original idea

Fun: 10

Qualification:

#26 [PSP] PSP Bot

In PSP Bot you’ll have to program a Bot in order to complete some objectives, it is nice but I didn’t like to wait for moving the character , and less with commands.

Qualification:

#27 [PSP] PSPokémon (v0.16)

This is a Pokémon game for PSP, nothing more and nothing less, if you like This concept you’ll love it if don’t just ignore it.

Qualification:

#28 [PSP] SaveTheCastle

It’s a very simple game where you’ll have to shoot all the enemies once and again and again and again... Not funny.

Duration: 5

Qualification:

#29 [PSP] Simon Says

Just the old Simon says game but then for the psp.

Graphics: 1
Sound: 2

Qualification:

#30 [PSP] Toy Wars demo version

Toy wars was a game back in the past for my loved Sega dreamcast, and now it’s back for PSP! Well as a demo but something is something, I can’t wait for a final release! It has a 4 Star Qualification the only thing that it needs to be a 5 start is to be finished at all.

Graphics: 10
Sound: 10
Control: 10
Duration: 1

Qualification:

#31 [PSP] Undead Terror Demo

This game has a look and feel that reminds me a lot the Iphone games, and its kind boring you only have to shoot to this zombie soldiers and it’s still a demo version.

Sound: 6

Qualification:

#32 [NDS] 24. Swap-DS

“Do you like waffles ?  yes we like waffles
Do you like pancakes ?  yes we like pancakes
Do you like puzzles ?  yes we like puzzles eh what? Puzzles ?”
Yeah puzzles, because from our old school games, this game has come to joy us, and remember  the less moves you do, the better score you will hit, it’s simple, and it’s good, just like my waffles this morning...

Qualification:

#33 [NDS] Agent Eight NDS

The lower screen is just a boring picture with a score , and the upper screen we're gonna see an attemp of agent draw, ok my ugly draws are better than that agent, mines have humanoids shape, and ahh ok never mind, the goal in this game is to save a nuclear plant from terrorist.

Graphics: 4

Qualification:

#34 [NDS] Bilou : Apple Assault

If your dream wish is to have been turned into a blue Apple, this game makes that wish come true, but the red apples … well lets say they don’t like you and believe me, you don’t want to be next to the red apples, maybe if you grow up and jump from one tree to another you could be more delicious :P

Graphics: 4

Qualification:

#35 [NDS] Breakout

If you like to break things and make your own world, and your own rules Breakout is for you. Break records!!!, break boxes!!!, break your neighbors’ windows!!!
Breakout !!! It’s very funny. But just another clone.

Qualification:

#36 [NDS] Chapas GP

Chapas is a racing game, controlled with stylus but with bottle caps instead of cars!!! This is a crazy concept but funny! So let’s play chapas!

Duration: 2

Qualification:

#37 [NDS] Chewing Boy

In this game you use Chewing Boy for jump and jump and only jump! You need to find some stars jumping, is very easy to play.

Control: 7
Fun: 9   
Duration: 6

Qualification:

#38 [NDS] DSPaintball

No, it isn’t a first person shooter game, I know it sound like one, but don’t worry it’s a good game, drawing lines around your tactic screen you have to send a ball to its goal
Yep, I know it sounds easy, but it isn’t *-*

Qualification:

#39 [NDS]  Duyumania

Duyumania gives us other perspective about Santa, who would think that he has to work so much for giving presents?! The good thing is that we can use the Christmas’s magic and create our own road in order to overpass the obstacles. This is a great game I loved it!

Graphics: 10
Sound: 9
Control: 9

Qualification:

#40 [NDS] Epic Caveman

You only have to run and jump , jump , jump OMG I want to play Mario Bros D: Well as caveman you are going to know the terrible experiences they had to suffer,  as terrible enemies, like  the T-rex, Chuck T Norris, the environment,  how to get the food to your children,  the orange square stones they had to jump to reach their goals, etc
If they touch a orange stone, they had to start all the stage again, you know in that age, the check points doesn’t exist D:  I can imagine, being a caveman is boring as this game

Control: 2
Fun: 1

Qualification:

#41 [NDS] Flake Out! DS 

The problem with this game is that it’s so complicated to play that isn’t fun, not much to say about it.

Qualification:

#42 [NDS] LodeRunner Return

Well, not that the developer has discovered fire or the wheel, that was not super creative, it’s a lode runner game, but I must say that this is a very interesting game in the style of game Donkey Kong NES but instead of avoiding barrels, you will pursue (if at all that you did wrong, ha and you thought that no one would notice) so now you must escape from these men, going to the next level. I recommend you to try it if you liked Lode Runner in the 80’s.

Graphics: 2       

Qualification:

#43 [NDS] Plus Ou Moins DS

This is a boring game perfect if you want to sleep, don’t play it if you don’t want that secondary effect.

Control: 2
Fun: 3
Duration: 2

Qualification:

#44 [NDS] Pokemon Ghost Black ReTold

Oh wait !!!  is this a game? I thought It was a book, yeah you just have to read and read and read, this is not a game only a graphic novel. It was interesting but I got bored at page 5, and why read a Pokémon story, when you can play one?

Control: 1
Fun: 2

Qualification:

#45 [NDS] Puzzli

Can you read the mermaid there ? yeah puzzle is nice XD
It’s an easy game, watch the beautiful sea life and save it from the evil electrified net at the button of the screen, also you can play as boy or girl, and this is a Puyo Puyo style game.

Graphics: 9
Sound: 7

Qualification:

#46 [NDS] Sam and Max The Hangman Game DS

Han__an ? What is it ? again. ehh M? Han_man. Ok nice just one more letter.  H ? Wrong -.-! your dead lol the word is Hangman !!
Haha those toons are great, Sam and Max, yeah, I know I’m right, paper and pencil are boring, and I want to play hangman and this game is the perfect game to do it, I could stay hours playing it.

Qualification:

#47 [NDS] Scribble Jump DS

You are a blue dot, and you are in a note book, I really like the notebook stage lol it’s funny and as player you only have to jump and try to hit that lines, believe me , that is funny.
Graphics: 3

Qualification:

#48 [NDS] Sokoban Touch & Go!

A Sokoban game, not much to say, just try it by your self.

Duration: 3

Qualification:

#49 [NDS] Speed Trap

This is a nice game of cars, in a style similar to Chapas but better, you’ll play with it a lot of times!

Duration: 9

Qualification:

#50 [NDS] SquarO

Are you a lover of complicated games ? you know chess, poker, Squar O. Cool, because I do not, but I’m sure you goig to love this game, using your logic you have to figure out the right way to match dots with numbers, it’s like a mine finder game.

Qualification:

#51 [NDS] Super Extreme Smile

To be honest I prefer to study than playing that this game lol. It is too simple to play, but it’s going to bore you in a couple of seconds, really boy / girl, go study if you want to try this game XD   

Graphics: 3
Sound: 4
Fun: 2
Duration: 7

Qualification:

#52 [NDS] Super Smash Bros Crash! DS (Demo7)

This is a recreation of bigger Smash bros for others consoles, with some new characters from anime series, If you like Smash you’ll need this title in your collection.

Sound: 6

Qualification:

And that is it, hope you liked and don't forget to see the review in magazine style!

Ranking----# in order from review----system----Name of game/app---final qualification from o to 50

---------------------------------------------------------APPS--------------------------------------------------------------

1   #13 [NDS]  fb4nds - Facebook for DS: 35
2   #6 [N64] Genescript: 35
3   #9 [NDS]  Avia : Your Personal Birdwatcher's Guide!: 35
4   #2 [PSP] PSPDictionary 3.1.0: 30
5   #8 [PCE] Hunter: 30
6   #7 [N64] Simple Music Player SMP: 30
7   #15 [NDS]  Online Jukebox DS: 25
8   #16 [NDS] Tirada2: 25
9   #10 [NDS] DScritor: 25
10   #12 [NDS] ETCH (NDS): 25
11   #14 [NDS] Jazzier Suite 2.0: 20
12   #4 [PSP] Attractive Pixel App!: 20
13   #11 [NDS]  DSLamp: 15
14   #5 [PSP] Ultimate VSH Menu Final: 5
15   #3 [PSP]  Cristal Vista 7.0 DEMO: 5
16   #1 [PSP] Snes9x Euphoria R4: 3

---------------------------------------------------------GAMES--------------------------------------------------------------

1   #39 [NDS]  Duyumania: 46
2   #30 [PSP] Toy Wars demo version:41
3   #21 [PSP] Age Of Nations RC1: 40
4   #45 [NDS] Puzzli: 40
5   #49 [NDS] Speed Trap: 40
6   #18 [Wii] NanoMechas: 35
7   #38 [NDS] DSPaintball: 35
8   #17 [MD] Mega-Drive Space Pixy: 33
9   #19 [Wii] Scape: 31
10   #25 [PSP] Portable Bubble v2.1.0: 30
11   #32 [NDS] 24. Swap-DS: 30
12   #35 [NDS] Breakout: 30
13   #36 [NDS] Chapas GP: 30
14   #37 [NDS] Chewing Boy: 30
15   #31 [PSP] Undead Terror Demo: 30
16   #52 [NDS] Super Smash Bros Crash! DS (Demo7): 30
17   #23 [PSP] Mario Fusion: 29
18   #26 [PSP] PSP Bot: 29
19   #48 [NDS] Sokoban Touch & Go!: 26
20   #24 [PSP] Mario Masochism: 25
21   #34 [NDS] Bilou : Apple Assault: 25
22   #41 [NDS] Flake Out! DS: 25
23   #46 [NDS] Sam and Max The Hangman Game DS: 25
25   #50 [NDS] SquarO: 25
26   #22 [PSP] BreakOut4PSP: 24
27   #33 [NDS] Agent Eight NDS: 24
28   #28 [PSP] SaveTheCastle: 23
29   #51 [NDS] Super Extreme Smile: 21
30   #20 [PSP] 4S Side Scrolling Space Shooter: 20
31   #42 [NDS] LodeRunner Return: 20
32   #29 [PSP] Simon Says: 18
33   #27 [PSP] PSPokémon (v0.16): 17
34   #40 [NDS] Epic Caveman: 15
35   #44 [NDS] Pokemon Ghost Black ReTold: 15
36   #43 [NDS] Plus Ou Moins DS: 9

EDIT: The previous opinion doesn't reflect the opinions of neither forum users, creators, reviewers, judges, nor NeoFlash staff, it's just my personal opinion
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:09:42 AM by Aleomark »

Offline davidgf

Re: NEO COMPO 2010 Reviews By Aleomark: forum and magazine style!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 06:11:02 AM »
I know Toy Wars is short, but nearly all the homebrews here are demo or very short!

BTW I like your review although I found it too much subjective, there are great games here!

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 06:36:26 AM »
I like the style... very slick. We agreed on some things, and not on others, but that's how reviews go. I thought the descriptions had just the right amount of humor (and sarcasm where applicable).  ::sm-29.gif::

Offline BassAceGold

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 07:21:26 AM »
Meh, another average review  ::sm-03:: Guess that's the reality of a multi-console competition, your entry gets compared to what it could have been on other consoles rather then what it is compared to other similar apps on its native console  ~sm-39.gif~ .. then again not bad for an alpha release  ::sm-18.gif::
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:25:18 AM by BassAceGold »

Offline Gaz

• DS Homebrew
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 07:26:52 AM »
Firstly, I would like to say the review style is fantastic. web/mag :)

This is another weird app, is very useless if you practice some musical instrument but if you don’t  you’ll never use it.

Shouldn't this be [useful] not [useless] !!

Secondly, there's nothing 'Weird' about this software! Please, don't use the word 'Weird' if you're releasing this in a web-magazine format.  It's a serious application to help musicians learn the skill to sight-read music notation, and improve their ear-training.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:34:18 AM by Gaz »

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 07:35:53 AM »
consider one thing: weird doesn't mean bad just it's not regular. I'll answer very few comments about reviews because I see that everybody got really defensive with other reviewers and I (like them) just wrote an opinion, I'm not a judge just a reviewer remember, so there's not point in answer back defending critics.

edit
Firstly, I would like to say the review style is fantastic. web/mag :)

Shouldn't this be [useful] not [useless] !!

thanks, I forgot to thank you for that spelling mistake, I made like 3 friends to read all and find errors I guess always something is miss
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:46:49 AM by Aleomark »

Offline BassAceGold

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 07:36:06 AM »
Reviews shouldn't use or mention usefulness as it is a very biased category which can make some very good apps look bad to prospecting users. What may be useful to someone can be utterly useless to someone else. Just my 2 cents   ~sm-57.gif~.gif
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:41:35 AM by BassAceGold »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 07:49:17 AM »
Reviews shouldn't use or mention usefulness as it is a very biased category which can make some very good apps look bad to prospecting users. What may be useful to someone can be utterly useless to someone else. Just my 2 cents   ~sm-57.gif~.gif

Usefulness is just important an area to discuss about apps as fun is for games. You can't review an application and not make a judgment on how useful or useless an app may be. Now, it's up to users to realize that usefulness is just as subjective as fun and to read the reviews accordingly. What may be fun or useful to one person may not be fun or useful to another. There's no way to do an objective review of apps or games in a contest. By it's very nature, it's going to be subjective. I may not agree with one reviewer's judgment (and in the case of Jazzier, I don't), but that's just the way it goes. That's why Dr.neo tries to get as many reviews as possible for the contest.

Offline Gaz

• DS Homebrew
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 07:58:32 AM »
Thank you for changing it to -is very 'useful' if you practice some musical instrument-  :D

Weird is just weird, but I can live with weird  ~sm-53.gif~.gif
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:12:09 AM by Gaz »

Offline BassAceGold

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 08:03:44 AM »
There are other aspects in apps apart from usefulness that are just as important. My review last year for the apps section got first place and not once did i rate the usefulness of an app.

-Usability - x/20 -is the program easy to use for its intended feature and does it do it well as advertised?
-Interface -x/20 -is the interface intuitive and clean (this can also include sounds to accompany feedback and stuff)

extra stuff
-Motion - x/2.5 (either 0 for no motion or 2.5 for motion)
-Original Entry - x/2.5 (either 0 for non original or 2.5 for original)

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5748.0.html

Sure my reviews might not be completely unbiased, but then again I'm not knocking a large portion of points of apps because I'd never use them again- but rather rating them based on how well they work based on their advertised features and how they compare to other similar apps on the system.

But that's just me, i'm going to shut up now  :-\

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 08:15:05 AM »
I tough to divide the qualification system on apps, but it's difficult to do with apps because all them have different objectives, doesn't happen with games, because  while an app qualification system could be apply to one app maybe doesn't fix at all in other apps and that wouldn't be fair, if all were paint clones or all were media player that could be done. At least that was I tough.

Offline thecoon

• NEO newbie
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 08:25:59 AM »
I' m not sure but which is the final account of 1-10 winners?

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 08:46:30 AM »
if you ask how many winners? this will answer you http://www.neoflash.com/go/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=357&Itemid=1

BTW: in case that someone from staff would want to have the original file of my magazine in order to change my personal opinions and qualifications to write the official ones I warmly will give you the file.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 09:10:03 AM »
I think he was asking you to sum up your review with a ranking of the apps and games. Right now, people have to write down all your star ratings and sort it themselves. It also would help to know how you rank programs that are tied.

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 09:23:13 AM »
ah ok I'll do this now, in apps I only post the general qualification, I ranked them thinking on:
-useful (already very debated),
-how easy or difficult is to use it,
-interface,
-originality and
-how completed was or still need adjustments

In general because some applications needed other things to considerer like sound in Jazzier's and in Jukebox

in games is obvious the system for qualification because it's there from 1 to 10
Graphics:
Sound:
Control:
Fun:
Duration:

and the plus of these 5 gives you a number from 0 to 50, and each star cost 10 points
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:28:58 AM by Aleomark »