Author Topic: Source or more info for MagicKey developing  (Read 5577 times)

Offline Sintax

Source or more info for MagicKey developing
« on: January 01, 2006, 11:54:30 AM »
Can we please get some source or more detailed information on how to develop for the MagicKey? I promise I'll do something useful with it. It would probably help for the winter competition because then people could actually develop things that make use of the MK, because they would actually know how to. I mean, that's the goal if I read the competition post right. You could just give the source, it's a pretty simple thing to do, you can transfer files right over the internet nowadays without even losing the original copy. Unless you have some problem with people creating useful things for your hardware...

Please?

Offline Legolas

Re: Source or more info for MagicKey developing
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 01:16:03 AM »
Can we please get some source or more detailed information on how to develop for the MagicKey? I promise I'll do something useful with it. It would probably help for the winter competition because then people could actually develop things that make use of the MK, because they would actually know how to. I mean, that's the goal if I read the competition post right. You could just give the source, it's a pretty simple thing to do, you can transfer files right over the internet nowadays without even losing the original copy. Unless you have some problem with people creating useful things for your hardware...

Please?

I agree. It should be nice putting here some source code (like old mk2/3 menu sources). And, how about mk2 firmware modding? Somewhere I read that passkeys can be upgraded to pass2 by a couple of soldering and a new firmware.  ???

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 10:21:55 AM »
MK2/3 dont use a reprogrammable CPLD like PassMe and MK1 did, so reprogramming to a pass2 would need to be done when the chips are intially manufactured.

I third it, it would be nice to have a FAT lib or similar that allows access to the MK2/3's functions from homebrew - although they are welcome to release the menu source I personally could care less (Im assuming they wont because of the patch code, and the fact that the binaries have been crypted) so long as there is an example that can read the SD and shows where/how to access the MK2/3 like a gamecard...
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline LiraNuna

• Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 04:19:08 AM »
I agree! Homebrew needs another FAT system - this could improve homebew fiel i/o compatibility and will surely increase sales.

They could, maybe, supply an .nds version so we could decompile the ROM ourself if they don't want to share the source...

Please NeoFlash... Homebrew wants the FAT drivers of the SD...

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 03:57:53 AM »
@cory1492
Ok that main firmware in that CPLD-ROM isnt changeable... But it loads the menue from somewhere!?!?! Is that on the SD/MMC or another internal SRAM? I ask because of sizelimitations... If it is on SD/MMC (sorry i have no idea because i dont have that device...) it could be >1mb ?
Because it would be nice to make an OS for it, which can boot that roms as normaly, and also can play mp3 view texts multitaskly...(THANX BOTH CPUS).

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 02:59:43 PM »
The MK2/3 have a 16Mbit (2MByte) area set aside to store the menu system and whatever else is needed. There is some FAT sample code in this forum.
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)