Author Topic: A bug in the MK3`s start-up (only with MMC inserted)  (Read 2479 times)

Offline JSS

• Neo-Newbie
A bug in the MK3`s start-up (only with MMC inserted)
« on: January 04, 2006, 11:45:59 AM »
Hey!!! I`ve discovered a "bug" on the MK3!!!:

1.- I have a MMC extrememory of 1GB. Also i have a SD kingston of 1GB
2.-When I start my DS with the MMC inserted in the MK3 it always gives me the "fatal error..."
3. If I remove the MMC and insert it again without turning off the DS It recognizes perfectly the MMC!!!!!!!

Please Dr. neo take note of this!!!. It seems like the MK3 doesn`t starts to send energy to the MMC at the startup, i say this because i`ve played some hours with the DS and the baterry led of the DS started to flash red: if I remove the MMC it turns green!!!.... if i put the MMC back it turns red.... if i remove the MMC it turns green.....

And what happens if i restart the DS with the current battery charge?-----> the DS shows the green led at start-up (SOOOO, it doesn`t gives energy to the MMC at the start-up)... then, if i remove the MMC, the led remains green, and, when i put the MMC again the led turns red (SOOO, the MK3 starts to send energy to the MMC) and the MK3 recognizes the MMC!!!!

And what happens if i restart the DS with the current battery charge and my SD kingston of 1GB?-----> the DS starts-up with the battery led in RED (so, it starts to send energy to the SD at the start-up)

what do you think Dr. neo? a bug? or the problem is in my MMC? Do you think this problem can be fixed with the new menu?

This problem doesn`t happens with my Kingston of 1GB ::)...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 11:50:33 AM by JSS »