Author Topic: NEO_MK2_3_Menu_V0.5 release  (Read 87148 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
NEO_MK2_3_Menu_V0.5 release
« on: January 15, 2006, 02:53:01 AM »

1-13-2006:                                                             
Neoflash MK2/3 Menu V0.5                                             
------------------------                                               
- Support the NDS cart backup to SD/MMC on your MK2/3 directly.
how to use: enter 0.5 menu,click the NDS icon,menu will inform you re-insert the NDS cart,then click the NDS icon after you do it,menu will detect your NDS cart,then you can backup it to SD/MMC.
- Improved the FAT code,now support more SD/MMC too.
- Fixed some bug for burn /cart detect and display.

NEO forum member download:
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline JSS

• Neo-Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 03:57:33 AM »
Thanks!!! ;D... this time was fast!!! :o ;D

But... Isn`t possible to release a .gba version?. I cant load this .nds version in my old xgflash :( ... Please, release a .gba version.

edit: Do not ask how... but i make it work ;D....

Edit2: I cant load any .nds from the SD or MMC card ::)... the menu always says: "Saving NEO, B:Cancel A: Save".... then, I press A and says: "Status: Saving NEO successful, A: Continue"... Then press A.... the NDS gives me a screen Flash very fast and the menu starts againg in the main options.  ::) ::)

Edit3: I can`t load the game flashed on the MK3 memory... why the menu always says ""Saving NEO"?---->It doesn`t matter what game i try to boot... it always gives that message  ::) .

Maybe I need a .gba version of the menu... the way I put the menu on my XGFLASH is "illegal".... anyone has the same problems?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 04:49:33 AM by JSS »

Offline angelfly

• Neo-Newbie
NEO_MK2_3_Menu_V0.5 release + discussion
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 05:04:48 AM »
Just tried and it the rom dumping works (tested with Metroid demo). Although I have a few problems and 1 old one.

1) It keeps asking to save NEO and if I cancel it just freezes. And if I say ok I get the screen to press A to continue and it freezes

2) It still does not detect my MK3 and if I try to flash it the light on the MK3 stay lit for a while and I get "Error: Flashing MK3"

3) Because of problem #1 I can't launch anything so atm I'm back to 0.4
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 05:06:51 AM by angelfly »

Offline d-loader

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 05:11:01 AM »
Ive send it to my DS on WiFi, and I'm experiencing the same problems, with starting the ROM file.. "neo save" and then I can't press A to load the rom afterwards.. but yeah, I'll just try to flash it to my flashcard now, see if its diffrent  :)

Awsome with the save-rom option!!  ;D .. now I don't have to rely on dumps anymore, I can make my own.. without having to boot up my computer or anything! =D

Offline JSS

• Neo-Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 05:17:21 AM »
Just tried and it the rom dumping works (tested with Metroid demo). Although I have a few problems and 1 old one.

Works for me too....

1) It keeps asking to save NEO and if I cancel it just freezes. And if I say ok I get the screen to press A to continue and it freezes

It never freezes for me.... If i press B (cancel) while saving, it does anything haha.... it just finish "saving" neo... If i press A (continue) after saving, the two screens flashes and i`m back in main menu.

2) It still does not detect my MK3 and if I try to flash it the light on the MK3 stay lit for a while and I get "Error: Flashing MK3"

I have an MK3 512+128 and that doesn`t happens to me.... But, i can`t launch anything!!!

Ive send it to my DS on WiFi, and I'm experiencing the same problems, with starting the ROM file.. "neo save" and then I can't press A to load the rom afterwards.. but yeah, I'll just try to flash it to my flashcard now, see if its diffrent  :)

Awsome with the save-rom option!!  ;D .. now I don't have to rely on dumps anymore, I can make my own.. without having to boot up my computer or anything! =D

d-loader, can you launch apps and games? :o
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 05:19:05 AM by JSS »

Offline d-loader

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 05:20:09 AM »
JSS: nope, but I haven't tried to flash the menu to my flashcard yet ( sent it over WiFi )

Haha, the rom-dumping stopped at 75%, on both of my 126Mbit DS games, then I figured out, its because my SD card didn't have enough space XD! .. deleted some games, then it worked =3

Offline JSS

• Neo-Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 05:30:45 AM »
haha... then we need a NEO_MK2_3_Menu_V0.5A  menu version ;D

Offline Xaroxantu Zero

• Zero M3 Creations
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 05:39:03 AM »
As posted by JSS, I also need the .gba version as I only have the first generation of Flash2Advance and XGFlash carts. Don't make us spend any more money than we need to! :P

Offline d-loader

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 05:40:27 AM »
XD .. first we complain about a .NDS version.. now we want the .gba version back, hmm?  ::)

Offline JSS

• Neo-Newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 05:41:35 AM »
XD .. first we complain about a .NDS version.. now we want the .gba version back, hmm?  ::)

Wait.... some people needs .gba version, and other a .NDS version...

As posted by JSS, I also need the .gba version as I only have the first generation of Flash2Advance and XGFlash carts. Don't make us spend any more money than we need to! :P

with a XGflash: when you`re selecting the .gba file, just put "all file types" in the "type"  option.... then you can select the .NDS of the menu  ;D

Xaroxantu Zero, I have to ask you something, in a minute i`ll send you a private message.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 05:46:25 AM by JSS »

Offline G-Pjube

• Ochoufujin
    • (WILL SOON CHANGE)
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 05:55:01 AM »
First experience with v0.5:
First I'm booting it up via flash card.
It boots up, I select my game.
Then it asks me to save which I canceled and it froze.
* Rebooting *
This time I did save and it shows the percentage bar.
Now it says it's complete and it froze again!
Now formatted MMC card and dumped back the game+save.
Booted it again and it asked me to load save, did load and...
It gave me an error :) Pressed A to continue and....

Asked me to boot the game. Pressed A to boot and it worked,
but no save files to play further with my allready made progress
while using menu 0.4a. I'd rather be using version 0.4a then 0.5.
Too bad this release is rather screwed for me.

Offline d-loader

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 05:55:56 AM »
Here comes an official warning: BACKUP YOUR SAVEGAMES, BEFORE EXPERIMENTING WITH 0.5!!!

It screwed up all the games -and- savegames, after I dumped "Goldeneye Rouge Agent"  ;D ...  :-\ .. bye bye Nintendog  :'(

Offline G-Pjube

• Ochoufujin
    • (WILL SOON CHANGE)
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 06:01:11 AM »
Goemon still works after experimenting with v0.5 :D

Offline d-loader

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 06:11:43 AM »
Id still not recommend people to use this version of the Menu.. too buggy n' stuff, sorry  :-\ .. I'm awaiting a stable version first

Offline Xaroxantu Zero

• Zero M3 Creations
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 06:24:14 AM »
with a XGflash: when you`re selecting the .gba file, just put "all file types" in the "type"  option.... then you can select the .NDS of the menu  ;D

Thanks, I managed to get 0.5 working, but it freezes after I attempt to load any NDS games. Looks like I'm gonna stick with 0.4 till someone actually makes the new version work properly. :P