Author Topic: Neoflash MK2/3 Menu V0.6 BETA 2  (Read 19133 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Neoflash MK2/3 Menu V0.6 BETA 2
« on: March 21, 2006, 12:47:01 AM »
3-21-2006:                                                             
Neoflash MK2/3 Menu V0.6 BETA 2
------------------------                                               
1. Improved homebrew nds loader
2. Proper detection of a valid menu nds file (should not detect most homebrew as a menu now)
3. Added support for XG 2005 flashcart
4. Much improved support for running games directly from MMC card (more games work well)

:D

click here to download:
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,1906.0.html
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline fernando-ytr

Re: Neoflash MK2/3 Menu V0.6 BETA 2
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 01:31:55 AM »
Thanks Dr. Neo!

It works fine, but the first time it hangs at the option to erase the MK2 save.

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 01:50:24 AM »
Great,Great,Great.

This is still not perfect,but if you have been paying close attention to the changes in the menu releases,it's pretty clear that it's getting there.

Some updates have added features,but I think this one addresses functionality,which seems to be what users want.

Great.Thanks.
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48

Offline WeaponXxX

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 03:33:23 AM »
Testing now, thanks!

Offline rthefley

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 03:55:44 AM »
Anyone getting Tetris DS to work? flashed to mk3 and when I try to boot it it makes a pop noise then nothing

Offline CMTH

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 06:20:37 AM »
Thanks, tested on a mk2 with games loaded from sd card and getting much better compatibility than 0.4 menu with star wars, polarium and spyro now loading if a little slow sound.

Offline boblen

• Neo MOD
    • Aussie-Play.com
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 06:29:26 PM »
This is good news ... the menu is geting better and better  :)

Offline palyons

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 06:46:22 PM »
Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but me, but here it goes..
I'm playing Trauma Center: Under the Knife - USA, I fold the DS up to put it in sleep mode, and all of a sudden, the screens flash, and the green LED light also flashes rapidly, the DS itself makes small noises (even with volume turned off), like the noise you hear when you turn off the DS. I don't know if it does this with other games or not, since this is the only game I have tried 0.6 B2 on so far.

Offline d-loader

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 07:49:26 PM »
palyons, the green led flashing _rapidly_ does somehow sound like a bug.. however, the sound you hear, might be when the speakers unloads.. I think I read that somewhere, and that should be normal  :P (( you still have sound when you flip it open again, right? ))

Offline palyons

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 10:03:37 PM »
Yes, I do have sound when I open it back up again. Sometimes putting the game in sleep mode makes the game halt though.

Also, I had mentioned that not just the LED lights, but the screens on the DS flicker too.

Edit: As for the sound, no I do not think it's the sound unloading, at least in my opinion. Because you don't hear the sound just once. It pops several times until you open it, it doesn't really come to a stop until then.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 10:06:57 PM by palyons »

Offline davr

• RorexRobots.com
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 12:48:00 AM »
Does NOT read my SD card. It shows up as a 15712Mbit card with no files on it. (In reality, it is a 2048Mbit card with some nds homebrew on it).

v0.5 was the last version that could read my SD card. v0.6 beta 1 & 2 cannot read it. Looks like we're taking a step backwards with compatibility.

Offline d-loader

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 01:09:44 AM »
the hell!?  ???

how come its not supported of all sudden?  ::sm-04::

( my flashcard have always worked  ;) )

Offline gggzone

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 09:01:53 AM »
Does NOT read my SD card. It shows up as a 15712Mbit card with no files on it. (In reality, it is a 2048Mbit card with some nds homebrew on it).

v0.5 was the last version that could read my SD card. v0.6 beta 1 & 2 cannot read it. Looks like we're taking a step backwards with compatibility.

The Mbit reporting wasnt a problem. My 1GB SD card reported as 7714Mbit which is equivalent to 1000MB. The first time i browse the mmc/sd will get me "unknown unsupported file", 2nd try will browse though. but the problem i am having is not a single game run after i flashed the rom to the internal memory of MK3 2006 512.  and limited games run from SD as well.  I got 2 white screen and nothing loaded.  Plus mk3 menu freezed when i browse and highlted certain nds file such as Moonshell.nds or NDS rom BUST-A-MOVE.nds.  Does anybody have this issue?  It worked fine with menu v0.4a.  any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Offline firetalon

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 09:44:14 AM »
   Well...  My SD card works fine, although I have experienced the menu program freezing when I highlighted specific games on the SD card...

I discovered the problem was being caused by me using Neo-Max software to write the games to the card, and I had left the "NDS Patch" option highlighted in the Neo-Max options.

After I began unchecking any patch options, I wouldn't get the 'menu-locking-up' errors anymore.  I would suggest making sure you're not writing patches to your games before they end up on your card, if you don't need them.

Offline gggzone

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 10:30:35 AM »
   Well...  My SD card works fine, although I have experienced the menu program freezing when I highlighted specific games on the SD card...

I am totally a newbie to MK3. I have MK3 2006 512 w/neo-key.  Which one do you have? I didnt do any patching to the roms, not any of the roms. They are all clean roms ( I suppose). I thought i do not need to convert or patch the roms as i read the guide right from this forum.  I have not successfully run any nds file which flashed to mk3 internal memory with menu v0.6.  And it was working with menu 0.4.  Anyone has any idea? I used Neo Power Kit to write the menu to the neo-key. NPK v2.2, SlimLoader IV, nds mode. Default setting (didnt change any setting) on the Neo Power Kit v2.2.  Did anyone able to run games w/ menu v0.6, MK3 2006 512 flashed to internal memory? Any help would be appreciated. thanks  :'(