Author Topic: [FAQ] Using FlashMe V7+ with Magic Key 2 or 3  (Read 8583 times)

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
[FAQ] Using FlashMe V7+ with Magic Key 2 or 3
« on: March 21, 2006, 03:24:54 PM »
1 - go to the the FlashMe site and follow its instructions carefully. There is more help and an attached download  as well in the FAQ thread (here) if you need help with more instructions on installing or updating FlashMe.

2 - put V0.6 Beta 1 or a later version of the MK2/MK3 Menu onto a flashcart or NeoKey, and place the .nds version of the latest menu onto an SD/MMC card.

3 - goto the MMC logo, browse to the menu file you just placed onto your SD card, you will notice on the top screen the message "Press A to flash menu". Press A and agree to let it flash to the menu.

4 - remove the GBA cart/NeoKey. Turn on the DS with only the MK2 or MK3 in the DS slot and it will boot the menu you just flashed to the menuflash.

Congrats, you will no longer need the NeoKey or FlashCart to boot the MK2 menu unless something odd happens to corrupt your menuflash. In that case you can still use the boot keys ABXY while turning on your DS to start the menu from a GBA flash cart or NeoKey.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 07:12:49 AM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline qweridee

Re: [FAQ] Using FlashMe V7+ with Magic Key 2 or 3
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 06:21:40 PM »
I flashed it with V7, and it works, but what if i want to update the menu again? do i still need a flashcard for that?

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
Re: [FAQ] Using FlashMe V7+ with Magic Key 2 or 3
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 06:07:01 AM »
You copy the new menu file to the SD card, select is using the menu browser, and 'press A' to flash again.  Flashcart shouldn't be needed again unless menu gets corrupted.

BruceG

Offline Didou

• Didou's root page
No SD Card seen
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 03:43:15 PM »
Hi,

I just received my MK3. I already had a MK2 with the same problem.
My DS is V7-flashmed. I formatted the menu and the MK3 filesystem (it has internal RAM).
When I boot my DS with the MK3 in and the menu on both the SDRAM (SanDisk) and the GBA cartrige, I go on the "SD" icon, I get "press to detect"... then nothing more.
I tried to find answers in the forum, but...
Where am I wrong ?

Thanks.

-- Didou
Areuh :)