Author Topic: Drivers for Windows XP x64  (Read 10889 times)

Offline Frank777

Drivers for Windows XP x64
« on: April 04, 2006, 10:09:11 AM »
Is there any drivers in development for 64bit OS? I used to work with Neo Max and Neo Power Kit on a 32bit WinXP OS but I don't have access to it anymore.  ::sm-03::
Needless to say, I work now on Windows XP x64 pro. ::sm-11.gif::

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
Re: Drivers for Windows XP x64
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 11:21:37 PM »
Yes thats a problem if u buy a cpu which isnt supported well by windows (xp64 is still a beta)

The main problem is, that allmost everything has to be recoded/recompiled for that 64-bit cpus. So i dont think that someone codes a new version for an OS which isnt released right now.

But why u installed win64 only? Make a partition for each system. Or should all software be recoded just because i dont want to have WinXP32 and WinXP64 installed on one pc?

But i can understand u as well. U bought a new cpu and cant use it without an new os as well. And with older os'es u cant use full power... I think u bought that cpu at wrong time...

Offline Frank777

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 12:34:18 AM »
I just thought that Neo Team could make a step foward with the new technology, as in a couple years, everyone is gonna use 64bit OS. Right, I could have made 2 partitions on my hard drive, but I didn't buy all this new stuff just to use it with 32bit environment.

By saying that xp64 is still a beta, I hope you only mean that it's a beta because it does not support every software, because it is fully working by itself (as far as I know). Let's hope Vista is gonna rush the programmers to develop softwares working under 64bit OS.

But buying a 64bit computer (CPU, MB, OS...) sooner than it's best time makes it come to everybody's pc sooner than just waiting until it's common.
(sorry for my bad english) ::sm-21.gif::

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 04:37:28 PM »
hehe i am bad @ english too. Doesnt matter we understand each other. And yes perhaps it would go faster when everyone would have a 64bit cpu...
And i respect that u trust new technologys. WHat i meaned with beta has nothing to do with funcionality. Because if i would mean that, XP32 would be a beta too hehehe... No i have a friend with an amd opteron and he has allmost same problem... Each application needs a 64bit version. And he has 2 partitions. The 64bit version of farcry runs much faster! Its an awsome technology. But that 64bit cpus of today will not be the real 64bit cpus because they dont use each register for now. So its a halfass64bit technology which is much better then 32bit but not that 64bit it should be...
I really hope that neoflashguy gonna make that for u, but i think they gonna wait untill more people want that...

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 10:31:20 PM »
just make a poll on the forums and the programmers must obey if it is possible and very much people want it
O hai

Offline troll

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 01:13:49 AM »
shows what you kown about windows 64 xp is not a beta and has been out for ages ahahaha

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 01:30:19 AM »
Its still a beta...no final release till now belive me...

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 03:02:07 PM »
I had the same issues when I upgrade from 16bit windows 3.1 to 32bit windows 95 - there were very few programs that I was used to that supported the new 32bit OS even 6 months after its release (thankfully though they at least included backwards 16bit emulation to a degree in the final build of chicago)
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline troll

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 03:18:21 PM »
No, I don't believe you. You are talking rubbish. Windows xp 64 is been out since last year. You obviously confuse it with windows vista, which shows your lack of knowledge of computer operating systems, so don't make comments about things you obviously know nothing about. Check this link.http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/howtobuy/default.mspx

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 03:36:20 PM »
xp64 is by no means finalized, and as far as I can tell is only available to US customers, and was only released that way so their core IT community (ex: the guys who write software updates or manage corporate networks) could start adapting their software on a more stable 64bit platform than the beta builds of Vista, before Vista actually comes out next year.

BTW: xp64 hasnt been rolled out formally and didnt really have an announcement saying it wasnt beta anymore; essentially the core components were rebuilt using 64bit processes.

As such, I dont think any of the core dev team here who do the driver builds actually live in the US so I dont see any of them having access to the xp64 which is for US residents... even if they did have a 64bit processor in their build machines.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 03:38:43 PM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline jerfy

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 07:17:52 PM »
Looks like they just released 64 bit drivers.  But neo is calling them IA64.   Does anyone know if it is actually an x64 driver?   I'm in the process of building a new machine and would like to know before I get to install the OS.    :)

Offline troll

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 11:45:33 PM »
dont work for me surprise surprise  hehe not much off neros does seem to work

Offline ackix

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 02:46:45 AM »
Cory, xp64 isn't only available in the US.

I don't know anything about this OS but I know my school (French) offers me XP64 (in English though).