Author Topic: new MK4 released - MK4-Key  (Read 40503 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
new MK4 released - MK4-Key
« on: June 23, 2006, 01:03:16 AM »
new MK4 released - MK4-Key

MK4-Key is almost same with MK4-mini,only have one different: MK4-Key don't have the EEPROM chip to keep the nds save,but now sell as a very competitive price!  ::sm-14.gif::

The MK4-Key finally SPEC:

* Mini - Just same with the original NDS cart size.

* Support ALL NDS & Lite --- Support any version of NDS & NDS LITE.

* Brightness adjust --- Can adjust the brightness level of NDS / NDS lite, keep all nds function with you.

* Auto Sleep Mode --- 100% hardware support NDS power sleeping mode,you can close the nds case and open it in anytime, the game will keep to running, just same as one original NDS cart.

* PLUG and PLAY --- 100% don't need modify your console,just need to plug in the MK4-mini,then can make all version of nds/nds-lite works immediately.

* GBA/NDS Swap --- You can boot any flash cart (like the NEOFlash / XG / SC / M3 / EZ / MP / GBALink) form GBA slot,and you can boot MK2 / MK3 serial form NDS slot too.

* R-S-A Secure --- 100% support R-S-A secure arithmetic.

the Mk4-Key label

the Mk4-Key icon

the Mk4-Key come with GBA/NDS 2 mode still

the MK4-mini internal 0.6 menu

GBA mode

NDS mode
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 01:08:11 AM by Dr.neo »
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Jamieeeeeee

• NDSL,NDS,PSP,PS2,GC,N64,PS,GBA,GBC,GB,GBASP
Re: new MK4 released - MK4-Key
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 01:14:35 AM »
Good Idea to do this as many people aren't willing to pay that extra money for the save chip considering they have a high enough capacity flash card, or just short on the cash! One thing though, the name. MagicKey 4-Key, i don't know about you but doesn't the 2 ''keys'' just sound odd to you? Maybe just shorten it to the MagicKey 4? Nonetheless very good idea!  :D

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 01:19:55 AM »
MK4 is one serial,MK4-key is the best name for this item already  ::sm-27.gif::
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Linkiboy

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 01:44:13 AM »
This is good especially for users like Supercard, since the save is on the SD card anyway.

Offline Gabe*

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 01:47:53 AM »
So this benefits people who use carts with external memory, but not for users of internal memory?

Offline defoo

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 03:01:54 AM »
well, i just want to say that i was one of the first to buy the magickey1 now is completely useless because no support by neogflash...then i bought a magickey2 at a good price and now is useless too because no support again...well no indeed but soon i guess.Now i don't buy a magickey4 because like the three other one when the five will come it will be abandonned...i know what u did neoflash....

Offline mastertop101

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 06:53:16 AM »
Mk1 doesn't need any support
Mk2 is still supported i guess
Mk4 doesn't need any support

Offline Scor

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 02:38:28 PM »
I get the feeling Neoflash liked the idea of the SuperKey when naming this thing.

Offline dem1980

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 03:46:11 PM »
hi,

i m sorry but i dont understand why we need (or not) the eeprom to save game...
can you explain in which case we need this eeprom, and when we dont need it

thank you

Offline Scor

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 05:42:40 PM »
hi,

i m sorry but i dont understand why we need (or not) the eeprom to save game...
can you explain in which case we need this eeprom, and when we dont need it

thank you
One can patch your backup to save to GBA SRAM, but when you do not do this (for whatever reason) it tries to save to the DS slot.
You can either have an original game inside the slot (the backup will save over that cards eeprom) or e.g. the mk4mini that has eeprom too.

Offline ISOHaven

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 06:27:33 AM »

One can patch your backup to save to GBA SRAM, but when you do not do this (for whatever reason) it tries to save to the DS slot.
You can either have an original game inside the slot (the backup will save over that cards eeprom) or e.g. the mk4mini that has eeprom too.

Ok, I think I get it.  So the MK4 will save back to the NDS slot and there is no need to patch your roms.  Where as with this, you save a little money, but you need to patch all your roms to save to the GBA slot.

Eh, no thanks.  I'd rather do as little patching as possible.  The more devices we have that use clean roms the better.

I'm still waiting for the MK4/SD total solution.  One device to rule them all  ::sm-18.gif::

Offline reamer

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 07:56:32 AM »
I actually ordered the mk4 mini (the one with eeprom) thinking it was the all in one solution so when it arrived you can imagine how disappointed i was!

I've got an mk3 too so i suppose when neo release this new super compatible menu that i can use the mk3/4 in conjunction. For now it's completely useless to me tho unless i'm missing something!?!

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 12:26:32 PM »
MK4-SD looks like it will be the all-in-one solution at this point....  The mk4-mini is basically a passme 2, and a pass-thru for mk2/mk3.  By itself, it will also have .nds rom support through a patcher that hasn't been released yet, according to Dr. Neo (don't know about the compatability levels, however)

BruceG
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 12:28:43 PM by bruceg »

Offline reamer

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 07:35:35 PM »
So like i said, pretty useless to me! :(

Offline jalaneme

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 04:17:15 AM »
ok, so to save my DS games i have to use a GBA cart, so how on earth would i do that? and i thought you don't need a GBA cart to play DS roms with these new neo flash 4's, this wouldn't work for me because i don't even have a flash cart that is compatible with the neo flash (EZF ADVANCE II) so that would mean i would have to spend more on another GBA  flash cart, no thanks.

unless you can save on the built in SD card, that's what i am mainly looking for. I look for another DS flash cart that has more options for me needs.... because this stuff is getting me confused, i was told this flash cart was supposed to be better than the mini SD thingie but that's not the case here.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 04:28:45 AM by jalaneme »