Author Topic: [NDS GAME] DDRLite  (Read 36707 times)

Offline sypherce

[NDS GAME] DDRLite
« on: August 20, 2006, 08:46:20 AM »
:EDIT:
Uploaded DDRLite_all_formats_after_deadline.zip which should contain versions that work on all cards now.
:EDIT:
 :)Hello, here is my entry for compo. It's called DDRLite, which stands for Dance Dance Revolution for the Nintendo DS Lite.

DDRLite comes with 3 songs (which are copyright by there respect authors/owners) and the ability to convert your own DDR songs, only .sm (Stepmania) format is supported in this version.

To use the menus you use up/down to go up/down, and start to select. On the first menu you'll need to choose the touch mode, my preference is Linear. On the second menu you'll choose your difficulty. Not all songs support all difficulies, and if they don't it will show no arrows. The third and fourth menus are navigating to the desired song.

When in game use the a/b/x/y/up/down/left/right buttons to hit the corresponding arrow when it reaches the gray arrow at the top. If your using the linear touch mode, the bottom screen will be used and you will hit the gray arrows as the green ones reach them. If you using the Dance Mat mode you'll do the same, except hit the arrows that are in a diamond shape.

To convert your own songs open a command line window and run the "DDRLite Converter.exe" application followed by the "input" dir and then the "output" dir (remeber quotes). Please remeber when putting in your own songs to put them in __Letter__:\DDRLite\Songs\__GROUP__\__SONG__\ .

__Letter__ being the letter of your flash media, __GROUP__ being a folder containing a number of song folders, and __SONG__ being the actual song folder.

:-\If I forgot anything or if you're confused please tell me and I will help and edit this as neccesary.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 03:17:19 AM by sypherce »

Offline d-loader

Re: [NDS GAME] DDRLite
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 04:08:30 PM »
Veeery nice game  :P Its so much better, than the other DDR game submitted to this contest  ::sm-29.gif::

The only thing I could b*tch about, is the sound at times.. gives a little cracking noice now and then, ah well. I hope to see a GUI in the future perhaps`?  ::sm-09.gif::

Offline ghaxaq

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 06:55:44 PM »
I can't get the game to work with my sc cf.I successfully load it but after choosing which song I want to play it does nothing only the background image remains.Any ideaS??

Offline The_Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 11:54:11 PM »
@d-loader
it seems to be the quality of the DS speakers. try using a headphone, or a subwoofer or something. the developer said it plays incribly better ;D

@ghaxaq
did you make sure you had all files on the cf? the developer's hardware is exactly like yours, and he has no problem at all loading the sound.

p.s.: I helped him out, the "sound engine" (playing the sound from the SD :P) is mine, hehe

Offline alucard1528

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 01:52:14 AM »
DDRLite?

Does this mean that is somehow only for the Lite?
Thatd royally suck if it was :/

I cant get it to work on my regular DS with M3 CF. Copied all the files to the right directories, and its not working.

Offline sypherce

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 01:54:39 AM »
DDRLite?

Does this mean that is somehow only for the Lite?
Thatd royally suck if it was :/

I cant get it to work on my regular DS with M3 CF. Copied all the files to the right directories, and its not working.

No, DDRLite just sounded cool, I don't even own a DS Lite, never even seen one to be honest. Can you be more specific on how its not working? Is it loading even?

Offline alucard1528

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 01:57:10 AM »
Ah good, the name scared me.

Well, its loading correctly, but after I choose the song I want to play, nothing happens and it freezes up.

Offline sypherce

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 02:15:11 AM »
@alucard1528
&
@ghaxaq

I recompiled with a --hopefully-- more compatible fatlib, please try and report the results!

Offline alucard1528

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 02:19:22 AM »
Still isnt working on my M3 CF :/

Offline sypherce

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 02:22:58 AM »
@alucard1528
Have you tried all versions? (not .sc.nds of course)
Also, just making sure, the directory DDRLIte is on the root right?

Offline alucard1528

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 02:25:15 AM »
@alucard1528
Have you tried all versions? (not .sc.nds of course)
Also, just making sure, the directory DDRLIte is on the root right?

Ive tried both the .nds and the .ds.gba so yes to that
And the directory is on the root.

Offline sypherce

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 02:30:16 AM »
@alucard1528
Not sure why it's not working. It might be a m3 problem, but that wouldn't explain why it does work on ghaxaq's.
@d-loader & everyone else
What is your fat device and what are your results?

Offline Jman007

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 08:10:58 AM »
Im having the same problem, i have a FAT 32, i want to play this game soooo bad!!! plz figure out wats wrong
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 08:14:15 AM by Jman007 »

Offline sypherce

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 08:20:34 AM »
I'm guessing I might need to make specific builds for specific versions...
@Jman007
I sent you a pm, please reply asap and we can try fixing m3 support.
@others with M3
If you want to help test as well, please pm me, I'd like to fix this asap.  :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 08:26:39 AM by sypherce »

Offline passlion

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 12:05:26 PM »
Most of the step files I have are in .dwi :(
is there a converter to convert dwi to sm?

I got the same problem (with the original data), chose a song and only the menu background is showing after.

SD SC  FAT
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 12:12:59 PM by passlion »