Author Topic: [NDS App] MapViewerDS  (Read 10260 times)

Offline mollusk

[NDS App] MapViewerDS
« on: March 21, 2007, 05:07:43 AM »
MapViewer is an easy to use MapViewer for Nintendo DS. It uses DLDI (though it doesn't seem to work on my MK5, it worked on every other linker...) to open gif files, with several zoom levels...

Downloads :
- DLDI roms...
- Set of maps for testing purpose

Instructions :
Simply patch with the correct DLDI and copy to your cart. Place all your gif files in a folder called Maps/.
Should work with gif files up to 3 megapixels, not necessarily square :)

Hope you'll like it ^^

Offline ErsatzYak

Re: [NDS App] MapViewerDS
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 01:00:04 AM »
Feel a little guilty for not commenting sooner on an app I use all the time.  I cut & pasted google maps until I had reasonable facsimiles all all the towns I'm in regularly. However, I stick with one of the first releases since the last two (Neo comp & one released before this) have the nice border that glitches and makes map selection a guessing-game.

Thank you for the handy app, regardless.

Offline mollusk

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 01:19:17 AM »
Thanks for the comment ^^ I'll have to admit MapViewer would deserve a bit more work ;) But I had some problems with DLDI and my MK5, might be fixed with the latest update though

Offline laos

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 03:15:12 AM »
IMO its just a fancy image viewer. What would be really nice is if he used Google's API Key and set it up to go to a webpage and be able to view maps and etc. over wifi. Maybe even save the images you make to a jpg, So you can take 5 images, and then while traveling look over them!