Author Topic: AuDS as playlist or as .mp3 ->.nds ?  (Read 9621 times)

Offline Extreme Coder

• GL2D Version 0.1 Coming Soon:)
    • My Website
AuDS as playlist or as .mp3 ->.nds ?
« on: June 14, 2005, 03:22:47 PM »
Since the first official release of AuDS is coming soon :), I would like to know your opinion in how will it work.
Vote and post your opinion! ;)

Offline Spelcodes

• Spelcodes
Re: AuDS as playlist or as .mp3 ->.nds ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 06:40:38 PM »
what do u mean with both options?
playlist: u don't have to convert them, but u put them as a file on the flashcard
convert: u need to convert them on your computer, which makes a .nds file, so u only got one file.

If i'm right, the first option is the most uselfull

Offline khan

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 07:50:42 PM »
i wont mind converting mp3z but playlist method will also be cool.

keep up the good work, hoping for a release.

Offline Toadhead

• C++ programmer
    • Toadhead's Development Homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 09:47:27 PM »
Not converting is in my opinion better than converting even if the size is bigger.

Offline Extreme Coder

• My Website
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 11:29:33 PM »
Lol, some of you guys understood me wrong.
Playlist is something like this:you have all your music(more than 1 file) in 1 .nds file which, when you run it, shows a list to choose which file you want to play.
.mp3 -> .nds will be something like this(possibly works only with nds multiloaders): for every music file there will be 1 .nds file it is saved in.
There are no extra features in one more than the other, and there is no file size differences( 5 4mb .nds files = 1  4mb .nds file)
If you have other ideas, post them!

Offline davr

• RorexRobots.com
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 12:08:36 AM »
I want both!!  =)
I want to be able to load/delete mp3s one at a time, and then have the mp3 player find all the mp3s and be able to make a play list from them.

Offline Toadhead

• C++ programmer
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 01:03:12 AM »
Hm..

I would choose for the option 1, separate files. Just let the player read .nds mp3-files from a directory called "MP3", or isnt that possible? If not I would prefer 1 playlist since it'll be a chaos if you also have other .nds files like games and other applications.

Offline mollusk

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 01:35:40 AM »
Having a single nds file would be way easier...

Offline Extreme Coder

• My Website
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 02:40:05 PM »
I want both!! =)
I want to be able to load/delete mp3s one at a time, and then have the mp3 player find all the mp3s and be able to make a play list from them.
you mean you want to do that ingame? A little clarification would be better ;D.

Offline khan

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 05:48:41 PM »
As long as MP3 quality is kick ass (uses DS power) then i am happy to take either paths.

BTW how is the compression going to be, GSM Player for GBA can hold 150mins of audio on a 256Mbits cart, and since your Mp3 player is going to be using DS powers i hoping for alot more mins and far better quality.

But first release does not have to have full quality etc.

Offline Toadhead

• C++ programmer
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 07:51:14 PM »
I want both!! =)
you mean you want to do that ingame? A little clarification would be better ;D.

I guess he means he wants option 1 (just put all mp3's as separate files on your flash cart), and than he wants to create a playlist within the mp3 player on the NDS were he selects separate mp3-files (.nds files) that he wants in his playlist. For example he puts 500 mp3 files on his flash cart (you'll need a very big cart for that ;) ) and than he want to create a playlist than contains only the best 50 of them.

Offline Extreme Coder

• My Website
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 10:31:26 PM »
Thanks Toadhead for the clarification. So is it something like he puts all the nds files(which are really mp3s just converted) on the flashcart and the mp3 player is basically a playlist which plays and organizes them?
I guess almost everyone went with the playlist option, but davr's idea is really great.

Offline Toadhead

• C++ programmer
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 11:29:03 PM »
Thanks Toadhead for the clarification. So is it something like he puts all the nds files(which are really mp3s just converted) on the flashcart and the mp3 player is basically a playlist which plays and organizes them?
I guess almost everyone went with the playlist option, but davr's idea is really great.

Yeah thats what he means, and it works great. Mp3GO, an MP3 player for the Ngage, uses it too.

Offline Spelcodes

• Spelcodes
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 01:23:30 AM »
I should still take the playlist, it's much easier, because you can let it automaticly take the next song. right?

Offline Toadhead

• C++ programmer
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 01:57:21 AM »
If there is going to be an organize-liked playlist (with more files but just a playlist to select what mp3's you want to play) you can choose what song is going to be next too.

See it as the playlist files of Winamp: you create a playlist with mp3 files stored on your computer. You don't just play ALL mp3's stored on your pc, you only choose a few mp3's on your pc that you want to have in your playlist. In this case the harddrive is your GBA flash cart, and you can create a playlist from mp3 files stored on your flash cart.