Author Topic: NEO2 Ultra Menu V1.33 beta [May.1th 2007]  (Read 12945 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
NEO2 Ultra Menu V1.33 beta [May.1th 2007]
« on: May 03, 2007, 02:55:27 AM »
NEO2 Ultra Menu V1.33 beta [May.1th 2007]

History:
* support compress the gba ROM (up to 128Mbit per singal rom) and burn to neo2,when play will unzip it to ram for run.
* support compress the GBA rom (up to 128Mbit per singal rom) and export to SD/MMC/TF through the NEO2 SD ZipTool, then can unzip it on GBA/NDS and play.
* many small improve and debug.

support compress GBA rom to neo2 flash

support compress GBA rom to SD/MiniSD/TF

download:
http://www.neoflash.com/driver/NEO2_Ultra_Menu_V1.33_Setup.zip
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline boky38

Re: NEO2 Ultra Menu V1.33 beta [May.1th 2007]
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 05:26:05 AM »
So let me get this straight Dr. Neo using this, we can now use our Neo2-SD to play GBA games in our GBA/SP as well as our NDS/Lite?

If so do we need a Slimloader? If we do need a Slmiloader will III work or do we have to use IV?

What if we flashed our Neo2-SD with the new menu neo2_menu_v1.31-RC3 that was just released a few days ago for the NDS, and want to switch it back to GBA mode just to use it on the GBA/SP?

How would we get this to work on GBA/SP any special settings besides converting the roms, how to flash the new GBA Menu onto the Neo2-SD if it has the other menu neo2_menu_v1.31-RC3?

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Offline okuma

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:09:59 AM »
On Advance Set panel, I checked "Always use compress when add files."
But ROM size stays the same.

I added F-Zero.gba.

On ROM Panel, I see

0001-F-zero.gba
ROM Size: 32Mbit
LZO Size: No

What can I do?

And also, I am using Neo2lite.
I would like to skip the initializing SD when booting by option or maybe ini.files

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 01:34:58 PM »
to boky38  :
So let me get this straight Dr. Neo using this, we can now use our Neo2-SD to play GBA games in our GBA/SP as well as our NDS/Lite? --- yes

If so do we need a Slimloader? If we do need a Slmiloader will III work or do we have to use IV? --- either III or IV will be ok.

What if we flashed our Neo2-SD with the new menu neo2_menu_v1.31-RC3 that was just released a few days ago for the NDS, and want to switch it back to GBA mode just to use it on the GBA/SP? --- neo2_menu is for NDS game,  neo2_Ultra menu is for GBA game,we will integrate them together later,but at this moment we want to make it separate for more easier debug.

How would we get this to work on GBA/SP any special settings besides converting the roms, how to flash the new GBA Menu onto the Neo2-SD if it has the other menu neo2_menu_v1.31-RC3? --- you have to format the neo2-SD on neo2Ultra if you want to play GBA rom at this moment,we will update the neo2ultra bios to support NDS menu later.

to okuma:
On Advance Set panel, I checked "Always use compress when add files." --- please uncheck it,then you can use compress,sorry for this display bug. but if your cart don't have PSRAM,then you can't use this compress function.

and you can press B to skip the SD init at the beginning.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 09:07:17 PM by Dr.neo »

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 02:44:34 PM »
very nice, great job neoteam
O hai

Offline boky38

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 03:12:32 PM »
Sorry to bother again Dr. Neo but I have some problems.

First off I dont know which version of Neo2Ultra to use to format the Neo2-SD, I assume this new one right?

If so when I try to format it how do I do it ?

Do I put the Neo2-SD in the Slimloader III with the SD in it or just the Neo2-SD by itself ?

I tried using this New app with both the Neo2-SD with and without the SD card but this New app will not detect any slimloader on my PC. I tried the old Neo2 Ultra and same thing. Is there a specific driver I need to install to get this to work?

The current driver I have in my machine is from Neo Max v 2.1 software which I use on an older 3 in 1 flash cart 1024 MB, which works just fine.

Any help and advice would be great and thanks in advance to everyone who has helped out.

Offline okuma

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 04:57:26 PM »
Thank you for the reply.

It shows [Capacity of PSRAM: 0Mb] on the ROM panel.
I guess I have to give up the compress function using my Neo2Lite.

By the way, I have tried playing and saving several games.
All the games I tried are playable.

But saving data1 corrupted when playing Dragon Quest Characters Torneco no Daibouken3.

Saving data2 were just fine and normal in both cases of choosing 512k save data and 1MB sava data on Neo2Lite.

Final Fantasy VI saves work just fine by choosing 1MB save.
It is keeping all the three save data.

I somewhere heard Square-Enix has had some kind of protection logics to their games when saving data.

Sennen Kazoku did not start up. RTC function worked but it says "save data corrupts" on startup.

So far I am doing good.

--

One little infomation about the NEO2 Ultra Menu V1.33 beta.

The programs GUI buttons like "Add", "Save" and  "Delete" are  located
partially out of the Window.

It may be because of that I am running it on Japanese Windows XP.

Just a little information.

Offline okuma

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 05:11:16 PM »
And...
I would like to have the auto-load save data function like MK5 does.
Maybe on the next update?

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 09:19:41 PM »
First off I dont know which version of Neo2Ultra to use to format the Neo2-SD, I assume this new one right? --- yes

If so when I try to format it how do I do it ? --- you just need click the "format" ,then NUM (Neo2 Ultra Manu) will format neo2-SD completely.

Do I put the Neo2-SD in the Slimloader III with the SD in it or just the Neo2-SD by itself ? --- just the NEO2-sd

I tried using this New app with both the Neo2-SD with and without the SD card but this New app will not detect any slimloader on my PC. I tried the old Neo2 Ultra and same thing. Is there a specific driver I need to install to get this to work?  --- now NUM just support SL4,don't support SL3 yet,we will add SL3 support in next version.

to okuma: we will improve the save manager like Neo Power Kit in next version,the game save compatibility will almost perfect.

Offline retrohead

• DS-Scene
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 07:18:39 AM »
You are joking me right? I held on to my Neo2-TF hoping one day GBA and IR support would come and now you are telling me I need a slim loader to load the GBA roms onto the card? You can't be serious, why was no one told about this before?

::sm-16.gif::

Are you going to send slim loaders to all the people who own a NEO2?

:)

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 03:18:48 PM »
as told it will later be combined into one menu(the neo2 ultra menu and neo2-sd menu) wich isn't possible at the moment decause of this way it's easyer to debug
O hai

Offline retrohead

• DS-Scene
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 12:03:47 AM »
as told it will later be combined into one menu(the neo2 ultra menu and neo2-sd menu) wich isn't possible at the moment decause of this way it's easyer to debug

So when this new menu appears, we will be able to flash GBA roms to the Neo2 direct from the menu? A bit like teh EZ Flash 3-in-1 I guess?

I won't hold my breath just yet :P