Author Topic: SpsychoD  (Read 14101 times)

Offline Schyzophrenic

SpsychoD
« on: August 20, 2007, 07:05:03 AM »
Nickname: Schyzophrenic
Projet name : SpsychoD
Division: NDS APP
Original enter : YES
In last NEO Compo this project won in the top 10 : NO

NOTE : I noticed that this application is a lot preferred by women than by men. So if you have a woman around feel free to let her use and test it  :-*

SpsychoD (pronounce SpsykoD) is born from a travel I made in train. I was bored to death with nothing to do. There was a nice girl in front of me. And she was doing some psycho tests. You know the kind of tests which tell you if you're happy in your life, if you're more "tomato or fish" or if you're an easy person to live with. This kind of stuff. It gave me the idea of doing this application.
So basically, it's a personality/psycho test simulator.
You have to answer questions and then, the program give you the results !
Nevertheless, there's a particularity about it: you can add your own tests to the simulator. DLDI patching is not required, unless you'd like to use this functionnality. You have to create a folder called /SpsychoD/en/ and /SpsychoD/fr/ and put you new tests in those folders. Please note, that the two separates folders will determine if it's a test in english or in french.
But how do I create such tests will you ask ? Well it's very easy. You just have to fill in a form and save the generated file !
The form is available here in english or here in french.

So let's see how it works now :
First of all you will get to a menu :

Here you can select the language of your tests. The application includes both english and french tests. So select as you wish !

Once selected, a DLDI test will be performed and the application will try to retrieve your custom tests.

Once every tests retrieved, you 'll get to the menu where you will be able to choose a test and set how many people will do it

Then, the test start. If several people take the test at the same time, you will be prompted whose turn it is.

If you think you made a mistake in a previous question, you can go backward by pressing the blue / white arrow on the upper left corner of the touch screen. You'll be brought back to the previous question.
If you want to quit the test and go back to the main menu, you can click on the close button in the upper right corner of the screen.

Once every question answered, SpsychoD will show you your results :

It shows your ratio for each question type and the text of your result. You can click on the book to turn pages forward or backward.
You can also click on bookmarks (A, B etc...) to read what you could have got if you answered differently.

On menus, you can use both the arrows on the screen with the stylus or the Left/Right Pad command to choose a test (same thing to set how many people will take the test)

You can stop the music at any time by pressing START. So you'll have only the sound fx.

Now, we all like to do this kind of tests, because it's always funny. Wth SpsychoD, you won't have to bring a pen and an heavy book to take them. You can still take them, being several people. ;) ~sm-42.gif~

EDIT : there was a small bug when you're the only person taking the test. Please download the latest version.

For people having troubles downloading from the neo forum, the rom is mirrored here
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 12:59:26 AM by Schyzophrenic »

Offline pasc

Re: SpsychoD
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 07:44:43 PM »
Uhm... could you please mirror the data ? I can't download it using the link you provided :(

Offline Schyzophrenic

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 07:54:31 PM »
I noticed a bug at the end of the test if you're alone taking the test.  :-\

I am currently at work, so I can't fix it right now. I know what it is and I will fix it as soon as I get back tonight.

I will provide a mirror link at that time  ::sm-21.gif::

Offline laos

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 09:29:57 PM »
I think this is a game rather an application, since it was made for fun and to toy with, rather make something easier/provide a tool in daily life,

Also, I'd give it a shot, even if i'm not female, It doesnt seem gender specific to me.

Offline Schyzophrenic

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 09:54:10 PM »
I think this is a game rather an application, since it was made for fun and to toy with, rather make something easier/provide a tool in daily life,

Also, I'd give it a shot, even if i'm not female, It doesnt seem gender specific to me.

I agree this is border line, but it's more an app than a game to me.

Well most of the time, those kind of tests are found in female magazines, that's why I consider it more female oriented, but it's still nice to do those tests while being a man ;)
I talked with several codev in order to know if it's a game or an app and they answered by a large majority that it's an app. I will let the judges/organisator change the section if they consider it's not an app, but it is one to me ^^

I mean, it's not because an app is fun that it's necessarily a game. Let's look at tresors of gaia for instance. It's fun but it's an app isn't it ? ;) You can bring your own tests without having to carry your pens, books, calculators with you . (that was my 2 cents :p)

Offline laos

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 12:43:13 AM »
I never said a game is ONLY for fun, a game is something that passes time in general.
I said the difference is simply that an application makes something easier or provides a tool, this on the borderline is considered either. Treasures of gaia may be fun, but it provides a world map tool, satellite imaging, and even a tool for road mapping.

Bit of a difference

Offline Schyzophrenic

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 12:53:59 AM »
Well, I don't want to start a polemic here !  ::sm-09.gif::

This is a tool for me, but it's useless for other people. I respect your opinion, you have all rights to think such thing since I admit this is borderline too ;) It's more an app than a game to me, the contrary to you ^^ As I said before, if judges consider it's a game, I am sure they will move it to the section they consider appropriate :)

Offline Cid2Mizard

• cid2mizard.dev-fr.org
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 02:48:04 AM »
Yeah bonne chance spychoD  :-*
www.nintendomax.com 100% Hack - 0% Warez

Offline laos

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 04:32:16 AM »
Well, I don't want to start a polemic here !  ::sm-09.gif::

This is a tool for me, but it's useless for other people. I respect your opinion, you have all rights to think such thing since I admit this is borderline too ;) It's more an app than a game to me, the contrary to you ^^ As I said before, if judges consider it's a game, I am sure they will move it to the section they consider appropriate :)

I agree here, I'm not trying to start anything, my point is said and my cents are there.

anyways

this is for all readers sorta-NSFW. Its about adult themes,

the quizes really are for women, no offense, i stand corrected on what i thought before

Offline Schyzophrenic

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 03:37:07 PM »
Today's theme are mainly about relationships. But you can do wathever theme wou want with the test generator. Please see the tests enclosed as an example, to what YOU could do to have your own great test library in your pocket ;)

Offline valeuf

• Codons washable
    • Dev-blug Blurgs
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 09:15:09 PM »
Good Luck Schyzo !! I'am sure that you will won ;)
Vive le dev-washable

Offline sumiguchi

• sumiguchi
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 12:49:42 AM »
My wife says this is very accurate!  She is a Jennifer and she is a "Demanding" date....  sooo true.... :'(

Nice job  :D  Custom questions & quiz multiple people at once are nice touches!

Offline Schyzophrenic

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 01:01:00 AM »
My wife says this is very accurate!  She is a Jennifer and she is a "Demanding" date....  sooo true.... :'(

Nice job  :D  Custom questions & quiz multiple people at once are nice touches!
I didn't know it was this much accurate sumiguchi !!  :D It's now time for a date I guess ;)

To everyone, I am sure it's a good opportunity to make your wife / girlfriend getting interest in the DS  ;D
If you don't have a girl friend, you can still try to get one with it   ~sm-37.gif~