Author Topic: Whee!DS 2  (Read 32751 times)

Offline Tassu

Whee!DS 2
« on: August 20, 2007, 02:16:17 PM »
Nickname: Tassu
Projet name : Whee!DS 2
Division: NDS Game
Original enter : YES
In last NEO Compo this project won in the top 10 : NO

Project description:
Race with your spaceship on the surface of an alien planet. Use boosters and weapons to beat your opponents and unlock new race tracks. If you have a motion card, you can control the ship by turning the DS.

There is infinite number of tracks to unlock and every one is a bit more difficult then the previous one.

Playing tips:
-Never release the A button. Like this your speed can build up and you can go very fast!
-You can turn faster when you hold the B button. But you still shouldn't release the A.

Homepage: http://sivullinen.fi/nds/projects.php?subaction=showfull&id=1187598749&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 04:50:43 PM by Tassu »

Offline JBuRRkE

Re: Whee!DS 2
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 02:33:52 PM »
yayyy.. we finally released itt!!  ;D
im so exited to see it finally come together =]

out of the games released so far, Whee! DS is the best i've seen.. i downloaded the ones i thought were the best, and i have to admit they are pretty good.. but they dont compare to Whee!.. (the motion sensing is the bomb  ::sm-05::)

great job tassu.. hope you win this one! you definitely deserve it!!  ::sm-18.gif::

Offline Patrinchon

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 07:22:07 PM »
Nice one. There is so few 3D homebrew games on the DS.

Offline Cid2Mizard

• cid2mizard.dev-fr.org
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 07:44:03 PM »
excellent  ::sm-18.gif::
www.nintendomax.com 100% Hack - 0% Warez

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 08:53:50 PM »
Nice job.  The motion sensing works great.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 12:15:37 AM by Sektor »

Offline Markzilla

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 12:22:17 AM »
Still no DLDI?  ::sm-02::
...enough said.

Offline Tassu

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 12:40:20 AM »
Sorry, but no. I ran into weird problems and didn't yet find a way to fix it.

Offline Duobix

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 02:21:54 AM »
Tassu, you made a game that's itself great, but I have found few bugs: sometimes I blow up all of sudden, when I crash every single ship does it, and those horrible lines showing suddenly (probably because of rendering method).
As i see from first relase you have upgraded graphics 8), how about upgrade of sound next time? And if I would please you, could you make a dldi so we can save cooler track that are generated (trading via wifi would be it  :)).

Offline diamond07

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 06:13:02 AM »
now thats would me a cool idea, but anyways could you make a customizing menu so you can customize the car and make a driver for the car so you can customize him to if you add thats and trade levels over wi-fi you will basically win every contest there is (neoflash gbax or whatever and etc). oh yeah if you do add a driver can you make them look like miis :-*
My Psp slim kickazz(Darth Vader)
3.90m33 rulez

Offline Markzilla

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 06:59:58 AM »
Diamond, everything but perhaps customizing the car is completely excessive. It doesn't actually need any of that.  >:(
...enough said.

Offline diamond07

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 07:19:56 AM »
i know i was just using my imagination lol ;D but customizing a car does seem a little cool
3.90m33 rulez

Offline JBuRRkE

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 09:49:53 AM »
with more time, we were going to implement a ship picker, and a color picker system.. but werent able to..

Offline diamond07

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 11:20:04 AM »
yay well when you add that special feature can you call it
Whee!s Trilogy but anyway im a big fan of wheels and wheels 2 so i hope you guys contuine to work on it and if you guys added a story mode that would be real cool ::sm-14.gif::
3.90m33 rulez

Offline mastertop101

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 11:22:22 AM »
Hi Tassu, this game is very well done and all... but the gameplay isn't so good... It is WAY too easy, plus, it's missing cool gameplay features, in this game, we're basically turning left and right (with nds motion it's pretty cool though :) ) .
So here's what I suggest to make it perfect ;
1. Faster ships
2. More curved tracks (not so necessary)
3. New 'attacking objects' for which skills are required (for example, something you need very near the ennemy) like a temporary flamethrower..
4. Make so that braking is required, it adds fun and makes the skills required to win higher
5. Faster opponents, just so that the difficulty is equilibrated

Thanks and continue working on this game for this potentially GREAT GAME

[edit]
Well, well, finally, after some more playing it's getting pretty cool (harder), but still requires new, good gameplay features... Good work though :)

[edit2]
Forgot 3 things.. Seems like we can't pause the race and I don't really like the ship-ship collisions. the camera angles aren't always perfect
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 11:40:15 AM by mastertop101 »

Offline JBuRRkE

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 02:31:03 PM »
Hi Tassu, this game is very well done and all... but the gameplay isn't so good... It is WAY too easy, plus, it's missing cool gameplay features, in this game, we're basically turning left and right (with nds motion it's pretty cool though :) ) .
So here's what I suggest to make it perfect ;
1. Faster ships
2. More curved tracks (not so necessary)
3. New 'attacking objects' for which skills are required (for example, something you need very near the ennemy) like a temporary flamethrower..
4. Make so that braking is required, it adds fun and makes the skills required to win higher
5. Faster opponents, just so that the difficulty is equilibrated

Thanks and continue working on this game for this potentially GREAT GAME

[edit]
Well, well, finally, after some more playing it's getting pretty cool (harder), but still requires new, good gameplay features... Good work though :)

[edit2]
Forgot 3 things.. Seems like we can't pause the race and I don't really like the ship-ship collisions. the camera angles aren't always perfect

how long did you play? if you play for a while, you'll find the game gets harder and harder.. the enemy ships get faster and the tracks slowly become harder to navigate.. as a matter of fact at one point it becomes impossible to get first place..

~sm-42.gif~ ;D ~sm-42.gif~

also, most of the things you said we talked about, (actually, just about everything) only we didnt have the time.. we were aware at the bugs people have mentioned, as well as many of the ideas people are talking about.. sorry we couldnt get more in sooner =/

yay well when you add that special feature can you call it
Whee!s Trilogy but anyway im a big fan of wheels and wheels 2 so i hope you guys contuine to work on it and if you guys added a story mode that would be real cool sm-14.gif

just wanted to let you know it was Whee! not wheels  :-\.. i can kind of understand the mistake though, only there arent even any wheels on the ships  ::sm-05::