Author Topic: the menu upgrade for MK6 / R6-Gold and R6-Silver Beta 0.91 [Jan.8th 2008]  (Read 35256 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
the menu upgrade for MK6 / R6-Gold and R6-Silver Beta 0.91 [Jan.8th 2008]

We just finish the new boot menu for MK6 / R6-Gold and R6-Silver, after you upgrade it,can make them support SDHC,and more function.
This is an universal menu, support all MK6 and R6, and it can auto detect the cart type.

How to upgrade :
[1] rename the "R6_Upgrade-0007-selfburn.nds" to "_boot_ds.nds", put it to slot-1 or slot-2 device and run it;
[2] when you see screen show "Install bootstarp" , then insert your MK6/R6 ,press A to continue;
[3] after it finish,re-power on, then you will see the new loader menu.

* If your old MK6 can't be upgrade, please wait our next release.

------------------------------------

How to run from MK6 save cart + NEO2/3
[1] enter "for SLOT-2 (MK6 save cart & NEO3)" this folder,copy all 3 files to your TF (SD), and insert to your NEO2/3;
[2] then power on NDS,you will see the loader menu, now you can use A,B,X,Y to select the save type or motion, then use "UP" to load R6 TF slot, or use "DOWN" to boot the SLOT-2 GBA slot.
Tips: when you enter the NDS health screen,please make sure the GBA SLOT was detect already,if you can see NDS detect GBA slot,then it will make menu hang when you press "DOWN".

How to run from R6
* we will release the R6 new menu after 1 week.

R6 Gold 2008 version

R6 Silver 2008 version

R6 family

the R6 Gold boot menu

the R6 Gold loading the TF (SDHC)

the R6 Silver boot menu

the MK6 save cart boot menu

new R6 2008 come with one blue LED,to indicate the data accessing.

new boot menu download: http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4821.0.html
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 10:38:02 PM by Dr.neo »
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
nice, i always love lights on things  ;D

what's the game compatability?
O hai

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
i'll send it to all NEO MOD for test.
i can sure the new menu will support >95% at least, and finally 100%.

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
i think it is for unflashed r6's or those with older menu's that's been send out in the past, the R6's from now on will probally come standard flashed with this or a later menu. but don't pin me on it!

and those savetypes are probally there for if a game doesn't work with the standard savetype. and nice to see it support 8mb saves. that's a great addition!

and many many thanks for sending it out to us mods dr.neo!
O hai

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
    • spinalcode
HEllo,  What is the save menu for?  the one with an option for 2/4/8M (A)

Will my friend need to know which save setting for which DS cart?  or is this for GBA stuff?

Thanks,

I think the save type should be automatic, and the options are for games that don't detect properly. For almost all games you should not need to know what the save type should be.
Please note, this is a slot-1 card and will not play ANY GBA stuff.

Looks good Dr.Neo, I like the blue light.

downlowfunk

I think the save type should be automatic, and the options are for games that don't detect properly. For almost all games you should not need to know what the save type should be.
Please note, this is a slot-1 card and will not play ANY GBA stuff.

Looks good Dr.Neo, I like the blue light.

REally judging by the screen shots id say the R6 silver and gold support slot 1 and slot 2.  Please explain further.

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
    • spinalcode
I do not know if anything GBA related comes with the R6, but a lot of other slot-1 cards have an option for loading a slot-2 card, either switching to gba mode (for loading a GBA froms slot-2, or as a passme, loading NDS from slot-2. If the option is to switch to GBA mod, then the slot-2 card will take care of the saving.

Offline Nobby

Hello, I have a MK6 save cart with a neo 3 TF. I installed the new boot menu as described at the beginning of this thread.

When I power on my DS, I see the new menu as shown in the screen shots. But:

It doesn't matter what save type I select I always get the screen showing all the files on the TF card, and whatever game I select, it always ends up with two completely white screens and the NDS hangs. I need to switch it off to reset it.

If I hold the L+R buttons when switching on the DS the boot menu is skipped. When I start a game in this case the game comes up (no white screens), but after a few seconds all games (I tested 5 different games) give me the error message "The data could not be written. Turn power off and remove and reinsert the DS Card"

What am I doing wrong ?

The Memory test "MK6_save_test_V6.nds" works fine!

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
    • spinalcode
Why would u run NDS from slot 2? 
It used to be the only way to run nds.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
to Nobby:

[1] enter "for SLOT-2 (MK6 save cart & NEO3)" this folder,copy all 3 files to your TF (SD), and insert to your NEO2/3;
[2] then power on NDS,you will see the loader menu, now you can use A,B,X,Y to select the save type or motion, then use "UP" to load R6 TF slot, or use "DOWN" to boot the SLOT-2 GBA slot.
Tips: when you enter the NDS health screen,please make sure the GBA SLOT was detect already,if you CAN'T see NDS detect GBA slot,then it will make menu hang (got white screen) when you press "DOWN".

first make sure you have copy all 3 files to neo3 TF, if everything correct you should see the new neo3 2.0 menu. and this menu generate date is Jan.2008 , please make sure this point.

and we are working with use neo2 to run gba from slot-2 in the new menu, and rumble pack too.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:16:10 AM by Dr.neo »

Offline DjoeN

Re: the menu upgrade for MK6 / R6-Gold and R6-Silver Beta 0.91 [Jan.8th 2008]
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 04:19:16 PM »
So this update is also for the MK6 Save cart?

Looks damned fine those R6 carts to and is there a possibility to turn off the led ?
Father, The Sleeper Has Awaken!
He Who Controls The Spice, Controls The Universe!

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 06:01:37 PM »
--- sure, it universal menu, for MK6 save cart / R6 silver and R6 gold

Looks damned fine those R6 carts to and is there a possibility to turn off the led ?
--- yes, you can turn off it, and can change the indicate mode.

Offline maikelsteneker

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 12:16:12 AM »
Those look really nice :) Is it possible to receive a review sample? ~sm-44.gif~

Offline Nobby

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 12:52:06 AM »
To Dr. Neo:

[1] enter "for SLOT-2 (MK6 save cart & NEO3)" this folder,copy all 3 files to your TF (SD), and insert to your NEO2/3;

OK, I'm sure I used the right directory and I copied these three files.

I see the new boot menu, but I only have the choice to use the keys A,X,Y to select the save type, no option to select "motion"

Tips: when you enter the NDS health screen,please make sure the GBA SLOT was detect already,if you can see NDS detect GBA slot,then it will make menu hang when you press "DOWN".

In the health screen I see a MK6 in Slot 1 and a "NDS option module" in Slot 2. There is no way to select slot 2 to start. So I selected Slot 1. Than it asks me to insert the NEO2 (here it says NEO2 not NEO3) and to press A. After pressing A I see the list of all files on the TF card. The head line of the display tells me that I have a NEO3 (now it says 3) with menu 2.0 from November.

What's wrong, I'm sure I copied the correct files to the TF card.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 02:13:36 AM »

you can check the SPEC here --- http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4781.0.html

how to select the R6/MK6-save cart EEPROM chip type and LED display mode

important: FE,FD,FB,F7 is SPI command , but the D7 / F3 / F1 / F6 all are rom bus command!

====================================================
How to select the save type for MK6 save cart & R6 Version 2008 :

FE,FD,FB,F8  ----  Enter the motion sensor mode and exit the EEPROM mode  (all 4 byte are SPI command)

FE,FD,FB,F9  ----  Exit the sensor mode and return to  4K EEPROM (all 4 byte are SPI command)

FE,FD,FB,FA  ----  Exit the sensor mode and return to 512K EEPROM mode-1 (normally we just need use this 512K mode-1 , if some game can't save, then can try 512K mode-2)

FE,FD,FB,FB  ----  Exit the sensor mode and return to 2M/4M/8M EEPROM

FE,FD,FB,FC  ----  Exit the sensor  mode and return to  512K EEPROM mode-2

====================================================

How to control the blue LED on R6 2008:
 FE,FD,FB,F7 + F6

BYTE NUMBER                                             1   2   3   4   5   6  7   8

Indication ROM bus accessing (by default) F6 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Indication EEPROM bus accessing              F6 00 01 00 00 00 00 00
Disable LED                                                F6 00 02 00 00 00 00 00
Light the LED                                             F6 00 04 00 00 00 00 00
Slow wink                                                  F6 00 05 00 00 00 00 00
Normal wink                                               F6 00 06 00 00 00 00 00
Fast wink                                                   F6 00 07 00 00 00 00 00

~sm-41.gif~