Author Topic: Who else doesn't want any PUBLIC Voting from this compo and in future?  (Read 7764 times)

Offline ConcernedDeveloper_PSP

Please make a post if you think so too AND NO 1 Posters  :-\

I am still trying to learn C/C++ for PSP, so that next time I participate in this compo, it'll be easy for me.  :D

Public Voting = Race for who has the most votes = Cheating ::sm-13.gif::
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 10:20:41 PM by ConcernedDeveloper_PSP »

Offline willreno

• RENO STUDIO
Data Structure is also important.
Hope you can get a good result next compo.

[3] The result of public contest projects poll just use for judger refer, but it'll not affect the project score again.

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
The competition is judged partly on public vote and partly by private judges, just because someone gets loads of votes does not mean they will win. I would like to know how having a public vote means people will cheat though.

Offline SiW

The "cheating" in public votes is going to another forum and saying "HAY GUYZ CUM VOTE 4 MY GAEM"

Offline saulotmalo

well thats true... I think the popular poll is not fair... because most people vote his relatieves or friends... or even if you're popular in another forum you can ask ther for votes...

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
that's why we have to try other new way --- let all user become reviewer, then we collect these report and give out the result of compo, we think this way will be more fair and open.
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
Are those "public reviews" directly used for the results or are they only references for the "real" judges ? If it's the first option, then are all the "public reviews" counted, or only the best ?

Offline Grimfate126

i would prefer it to be all private judges. have a lot of em :D

Offline saulotmalo

I think the public review has gone quite bad at least in PSP only one was did and well I think collectablez likes to throw cats... but not all people with PSP likes it...

May you have to think about using other method next year...

Offline ai3gtmc

I suggest Official Judges next compo..

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
Re: Who else doesn't want any PUBLIC Voting from this compo and in future?
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 07:00:29 PM »
I think the ARE official judges behind the scenes. I assume the user reviews will be use also.

Offline danzel

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 04:53:47 AM »
Get some (like 3-4) pro scene people to review the entries, and give them some actual weight.

I'd volunteer to review the sections I haven't entered in if such a thing was implemented. I didn't feel like doing so this year as the public review section has been pretty dismal.

Offline sumiguchi

• sumiguchi
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 01:00:53 AM »
I didn't feel like doing so this year as the public review section has been pretty dismal.
You didn't like the reviews that the rest of us made so you decided NOT to do it?  That doesn't make any sense...   ~sm-40.gif~

Offline danzel

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 05:27:28 AM »
(Speaking mainly about the PSP reviews as I haven't read many of the NDS ones)

Ever heard of the saying "Swimming in a sea of idiots".
I think that sums it up, I prefer not to swim there.

There are a few too many "It didn't run" reviews, if you are reviewing you should try your damn hardest to make it work. Email the Dev, post in their release thread etc.
If even then it doesn't work, that would be fine.

A standard format for the reviews would be good too.

sumiguchi - Your reviews are well done, more like that would be good :-)
You show a good understanding of the programs you have reviewed, and have actually written a good few lines about them. This is what more reviews should be like.
Looking at it now, I should of done a set of reviews for PSP game or something. Next time.

Offline saulotmalo

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 05:44:10 AM »
In PSP almost all the reviews I have see where bad. Even I have see a correlation between 1 person and 1 interview and the pointing... but I'm not going to say nothing.... but this makes me sick.

Making interviews was a good idea in the begining but I think it has been a litle wrong.

Maybe you can make a group of judges and judge by them the next year. I'm not sure to play next year...