Author Topic: Who else doesn't want any PUBLIC Voting from this compo and in future?  (Read 7791 times)

Offline sumiguchi

• sumiguchi
Re: Who else doesn't want any PUBLIC Voting from this compo and in future?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 05:54:55 AM »
Well I haven't read the PSP reviews but the NDS ones were all pretty good IMO - though I think there were only 4 sets of reasonably complete reviews.

You'd think the prize would've inspire more psp testers - but I know nothing of such things and homebrew on PSP seems more complicated to do than DS....

I think it was a good idea to have prizes for reviewers and I think it worked out pretty well on the DS side - though I really thought there would be more entries.

After testing them all myself - I realize it IS a lot of work, not as much work as coding an entry, but not as satisfying to finish either :)

Ever heard of the saying "Swimming in a sea of idiots".
but it's easier to look smart in this case ;)  Maybe I'll have a psp by the time the next compo comes around..... that's in August right Dr. Neo???

Offline MagNet

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 06:10:20 AM »
After testing them all myself - I realize it IS a lot of work, not as much work as coding an entry, but not as satisfying to finish either :)
Yep, fun while you're reviewing the good entries but not all that much when you have to do the bad ones aswell, that's the life of a reviewer tho :D
And it is as much work as you put in it, my entry was pretty basic but first (hehe), I was thinking of adding some graphics after seeing the other entries but I just left it as it was, maybe next time I'll prepare something spectacular.

Anyway comparing this to coding is quite hard aswell, it's so different :D (yeah I've done both, I know my coding entry was pretty simple tho). I also think that while some people have no problem writing a game they might have a lot of problems when it comes to writing a review and vice versa.

Anyway yeah, the NDS reviews were pretty good and spot-on except my game wasn't in the first place in any :D (jk).

Offline ai3gtmc

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 11:47:22 AM »

There are a few too many "It didn't run" reviews, if you are reviewing you should try your damn hardest to make it work. Email the Dev, post in their release thread etc.

well said ^^  ~sm-37.gif~