Author Topic: DSCube  (Read 15806 times)

Offline Sepro

DSCube
« on: August 12, 2008, 12:07:13 AM »
All right so I'll dedicate my first post here to my entry of this competition... Off course the splash will be added once there is decided which one it has to be. EDIT: Changed link to version with splash screen

Nickname: Sepro
Project name : DSCube
Division : NDS GAMES
Original enterty : YES
Support Motion :NO
In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10 : NO
Project description: Unless you've been living under a rock the last 25 years you know the Rubik's cube. This is a 3D version for the nintendo DS. You can control using the stylus. To hard, try the 2x2x2 version... For die hard cubers there is a 4x4x4 version and you can turn of the animations for real speed. Just make sure to play this on actual hardware, I haven't got it to work on an emulator.

This one will need DLDI patching if you want to use the save/load function.

Download: http://seb.channelwood.org/uploads/download/DSCube_Neoflash.zip For additional information check the readme included in the zip file.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:30:54 PM by Sepro »

Offline Gefa

Re: DSCube
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 12:11:49 AM »
Very good :D

Offline wraggster

• DCEmu Homebrew Network
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 02:18:29 AM »
Can i just check this is a new version not previously posted ?

Dont want to post news if not :)

Webmaster of DCEmu

The Worlds Only Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.

Offline Sepro

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 02:41:59 AM »
This version has been posted on dcemu already. The version with the splashscreen will have a few under the hood improvements.

Offline wraggster

• DCEmu Homebrew Network
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 03:08:39 AM »
ahh awesome, ill keep my eyes on this thread then ;)

Webmaster of DCEmu

The Worlds Only Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.

Offline Gefa

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 01:32:09 AM »
Very cool game

Offline Sepro

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 05:25:53 AM »
I've changed the link in the original post to point to the new version with splashscreen and some minor improvements (mainly to get the source to compile with the latest toolchain)

Best Regads
Sepro

Offline Montspy

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 05:45:35 PM »
Woow ! I love Rubik's Cube  :-* Your game loks very good !

Will you make a 3 by 3 by 3 version ?  ;D

Offline Sepro

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 01:40:52 AM »
Woow ! I love Rubik's Cube  :-* Your game loks very good !

Will you make a 3 by 3 by 3 version ?  ;D

Thx, actually there is a 2³, 3³ and 4³ sized cube in this game. You can switch modes in the options menu (press start). Normally the game should start the 3³ by default. I've spent a lot of time optimizing the code for the 4³ version so make sure to check this one out to.  ::sm-18.gif::

--Sepro

Offline 59HXC [FR]

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 11:09:42 PM »
adaptation is really achieved, appraises it in hand rather simple, but I do not know how to make it in truth therefore on DS...

x)

good luck

Offline Montspy

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 12:11:53 AM »
Thx, actually there is a 2³, 3³ and 4³ sized cube in this game. You can switch modes in the options menu (press start). Normally the game should start the 3³ by default. I've spent a lot of time optimizing the code for the 4³ version so make sure to check this one out to.  ::sm-18.gif::

--Sepro

Cool ! I download DSCube a few time ago where there was only the 2 by 2 by 2 :( So I download it now and i can play  3 by 3 by 3.

PS. : Need 5 by 5 by 5 xD

Bye.
Montspy

Offline Sepro

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 03:52:24 AM »
Cool ! I download DSCube a few time ago where there was only the 2 by 2 by 2 :( So I download it now and i can play  3 by 3 by 3.

PS. : Need 5 by 5 by 5 xD

Bye.
Montspy

5³ gets too repetitive ;) I would like to do a square-1/cube 21, that would be a real challenge to code  ::sm-15.gif:: Then a gain I've got lots of stuff I like to do but just don't have the time to work on them :(

Offline Montspy

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 09:19:01 PM »
I would like to do a square-1/cube 21, that would be a real challenge to code  ::sm-15.gif::

Great idea and good luck !

Then a gain I've got lots of stuff I like to do but just don't have the time to work on them :(

I'd like to help you but I'm a beginner in coding C (Tron & Nibbles ~sm-40.gif~ ) However good luck for this compo (I hope that a member of the jury can solve the 3 by 3 by 3 and that they will not throw them DS on the wall ::sm-05:: )