Author Topic: [NDS APP] DSision2  (Read 17239 times)

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
[NDS APP] DSision2
« on: March 19, 2009, 09:54:45 PM »
Nickname: Spinal
Project name : DSision2
Division : DS APP
Original submission : YES
Support for Motion Card : NO
In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10 : NO
Download link: Attached below
Installation: Extract full contents of .rar to the card.

Description:
What is DSision 2?

DSision [di-iszh-uh n] (named by Jayenkai) is a replacment firmware for Nintendo DS flash carts. At the time of creation, most flash cart firmwares presented the user with a fairly simple, menu system, usually just a list of filenames on the screen. I aimed to remedy this, by creating a nice looking, easy to use interface for loading homebrew programs on the DS. The first version of DSision, although reasonably popular, was rushed and not entirely what I had envisioned. So after a while, I started work on the second version, which boasts higher resolution icons, greater colour depth for both backgrounds and icons. More customizable themes, including the customization of every single icon.

youtube video #1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNasOpXhYwc
youtube video #2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnNhrHQjKG8
youtube video #3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7DspCA6ymg

Download from MegaUpload

I just realised that the R4DS firmware replacement version of DSision2 isn't in the above version. Here is it. Sorry about that guys.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 09:19:25 PM by spinal »

Offline soulanger

Re: [NDS APP] DSision2
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 01:19:15 AM »
Ahhh, an application that doesnt need no introduction. I love your work. Spiney.
I would like to declare DSision2 as this compo's winner. :D
Although I wish it would be an easy win for you, spinal.
But there are alot of good HBs out there. :(
Like, BAG's MPC, B12's AAds, (my new fav) Cid2Mizard's SutraDS, chunkystuff's HWOS2, and alot more.
I do still see that this would certainly hit the top 3, although it'll certainly be a hard one. :(

[offtopic]
We sure have alot of solid PAlib made products around. :P
Good thing I didnt make it in time for MENUdo, or I would surely lose. :(

Offline hillbilly -

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 09:42:13 PM »
w00t! YEAH! Spinal made it! IP really love this and I hope you win. (PAlib Rules! :D)

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 07:19:59 AM »
Hmm, I've understood from your youtube post that it's only compatible with dstt? You would probably have been my number one if it was r4 compatible... Srry, now my vote goes to AADS
:P (I'm the guy with the weird name on youtube and YSMenu as 2nd firmware, I think you know who I mean ^^)

Offline leinad

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 09:29:18 AM »
Hmm, I've understood from your youtube post that it's only compatible with dstt? You would probably have been my number one if it was r4 compatible... Srry, now my vote goes to AADS
:P (I'm the guy with the weird name on youtube and YSMenu as 2nd firmware, I think you know who I mean ^^)

It "works" on every card. Just commercial rom booting only works on cards that are supported by YSMenu. So since YSMenu works with R4 [AFAIK. correct me if im wrong] it should fully work for you even with commercial rom booting.
-n00bey

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 06:10:49 PM »

It works perfectly well on the R4DS, What I meant in the youtube comment, was that You can not run the R4 firmware as a regular .nds file. DSision runs homebrew with an internal loader, which has better compatibility than most cards loaders (unless of course they use the same one) There is an R4DS version of the in the archive, give it a try.

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 08:50:52 PM »
It works perfectly well on the R4DS, What I meant in the youtube comment, was that You can not run the R4 firmware as a regular .nds file. DSision runs homebrew with an internal loader, which has better compatibility than most cards loaders (unless of course they use the same one) There is an R4DS version of the in the archive, give it a try.

OOW I get it :P I guess I should give it a try then ^^

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 09:17:47 PM »
I just noticed, the R4DS "firmware" version of DSision2 wasnt in the download, I've justt re uploaded it here.

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 09:25:31 PM »
huh? There WAS a .nds with r4ds in the name (hadn't yet tested it)  I guess, I'll just download this one and s**** that one... Btw, aren't you that guy who made Diagnose? That was really usefull ^^ Fixed 3 dses for me ^^
I guess I'll commence to testing this firmware you've made :P So, I'll be off testing for a moment ;-)

edit:
Huh? ****? I'm pretty sure that was Delete before... Censoring delete would be pretty weird 0.o Maybe I've made a typo and it turned into a consorable word or something...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 10:36:33 PM by St.Louis »

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
Yes, that was me. 8)