Author Topic: DSDice  (Read 11770 times)

Offline M. Lucanius

• Sola Scriptura
    • visit Wretched!
Re: DSDice
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 08:23:57 AM »
Quote from: Gaz
When it says (Sum Of All Dice) on 3ofakind / 4ofakind, I think it means Sum of all Equal dice.

It also says "sum of all dice" for chance...

But your are right in part. I went back and looked...

A more complete quote would be
Quote from: wikipedia
Swedish rules for the game follow a slightly different set of scoring categories and rules in scoring. This Swedish variation is used mainly in Scandinavian and Finnish versions of the game....

In a similar vein, the Three-of-a-Kind and Four-of-a-Kind categories are scored by the total of the needed number of same-faced dice. (For instance, 5-5-5-5-6 will score 20 points in Four-of-a-Kind and 15 points in Three-of-a-Kind; under standard rules, the same combination would give the player 26 points in either category.)

Also, the traditional version does not have a Two Pair.

You are right, but for a different set of valid rules... the Swedish ones.  :)

EDIT:

PS A new version is out with added preferences thanks to LaPatateInc and Gaz.

Thanks!  ::sm-29.gif::
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 09:11:45 AM by M. Lucanius »
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary and those who don't.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 02:35:54 PM »
Cool graphics!

Offline M. Lucanius

• Sola Scriptura
    • visit Wretched!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 11:16:37 PM »
Alright, I have to announce that the save function is yet again giving me trouble. A bug is causing the game to be playable for only three times at a time. This bug, though annoying, doesn't make the game unplayable; it simply means that after three rounds, the game has to be reset.
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary and those who don't.

Offline LaPatateInc

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 06:06:38 AM »
Try to reset Sprites and Bg after each game ?
Are you using Palib ? :

PA_ResetSpriteSys();
You then need to reload all sprites.

PA_DeleteBg(screen,BG number);
It may be good also to clean your BG and reload them.

At least, that's what I do when the main menu load, the Game load, and when anything Reload.
In fact, I have a Reinit function which is called right after loading palletes and Initiating things. It is recalled anytime by writing with "reinit()". It works pretty good that way, even if I have a 8142x4096 pixels Bg ; )

Offline M. Lucanius

• Sola Scriptura
    • visit Wretched!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 11:36:26 AM »
I use those all the time (probably too much). I think I know where the problem lies. I need to reset a char. When I change it, it seems to retain the previous entry resulting in the much dreaded buffer overrun.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Offline M. Lucanius

• Sola Scriptura
    • visit Wretched!
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 10:01:57 AM »
Yes...Yes yes yes...... YESSSSSSS! Finally! The complete version is out, v1.0! It supports saving of high scores (though still only up to seven), three complete themes, and several cool features. It is in fact the full version and fully playable. I will probably get bored within the next couple of days and update it some more, but this version is complete. The colors are done, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear from you. I think I've ironed out the critical kinks, but if you see a bug, please post. Some minor bugs are known and for those I will probably do little. Enjoy!

~sm-36.gif~  :) ~sm-36.gif~

v1.0
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:42:17 AM by M. Lucanius »

Offline M. Lucanius

• Sola Scriptura
    • visit Wretched!
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 04:19:19 PM »
Update: version 1.1

change log:

* Fixed scoring bug for yahtzee. nature: undisclosed  :-[

* fixed cursor "dot" bug.

* Added "erase scores" option.

* added save function for user prefs.

* EDIT: added high-score-placing notification at name entry.

v1.1
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 04:26:29 PM by M. Lucanius »

Offline M. Lucanius

• Sola Scriptura
    • visit Wretched!
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 04:32:24 PM »
3:29 AM on the last day  ::sm-01::

Update: version 1.2

change log:

* added a better "new high score" screen.

* added rule book.

Not really a whole lot, but this is the final release for the compo. I've been on vacation for most of the compo and have had access to legal Wi-Fi, but that is changing tomorrow. Unless I can hit a coffee shop or something, I will not be able to access  the internet for eight or so days. Do comment, though; I will be able to respond after I get back. Lastly, I think it would be neat if testers and reviewers would post there best scores here in this thread. Reviewing these scores would help me gauge how well the game is working.

:) ~sm-36.gif~ :)

EDIT: I'll be unavailable sometime in the late morning. I'll try to check in before that.

v1.2
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:36:06 PM by M. Lucanius »

Offline M. Lucanius

• Sola Scriptura
    • visit Wretched!
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2009, 12:51:09 AM »
Minor note here... because the compo is over now I need to state that the blue screen of death in my game is a joke... not that anyone seems to have actually come across it...