Author Topic: Neo N64 Myth cart review by Kuroiso  (Read 3634 times)

Offline kuroiso

• NewPark Boys
Neo N64 Myth cart review by Kuroiso
« on: January 06, 2010, 03:43:00 AM »
Neo N64 Myth review by Kuroiso:

The cart:
After opening the box (with the same model that the flash of Neo MD) we find Nintendo's 64 cart in black color, a 512 Mb GBA cart size memory card (also compatible with this one), a USB cable and a CD with drivers.

In Internet it is possible to find an updated version of the software to burn the games to the cart and also of the drivers. You only need to connect to Neoflash's web page.
The software is very intuitive (it's s a version of the one that uses the Neo Myth MD). If we have the Neo MD flash cart, this one works in the same way: drag the game to the list, choose the type of save and press Burn. If it is the first time we use the cart, we should format it. Since it still does not have the option to include a menu, when we burn the games we must mark the option "Run N64 Game" not to have problems with the switch in the console.

The cart has a very elegant aspect, with a (red / green) light of functioning and the entry for the memory card in the front, the cable USB entry and a button with two positions (ON/OFF) in the part of above and an entry to insert Nintendo's 64 cart in the behind. In order to start the flash, it needs that we have an original cart put in this entry. It can be anyone: I have tried with Super Mario 64, The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Mission: Impossible (all PAL) and I have not noticed differences of functioning. The cart has an internal menu that is not operative yet, but it will be updatable in a future.

It includes a 512Mb (64MB) card. In this card is possible to put any game of the Nintendo 64. Games like Resident Evil 2 or Pokemon Stadium 2 (the biggest memory games) can fill the card.

The memory is not a great problem because nowadays we can burn only two games simultaneously. These can be chosen by the lever ON/OFF that includes the cart in the above part: every game will be in one of the two positions. To extend the space for games, there exists an adapter of SD cards that we can buy separately.

The compatibility is excellent: it's region free and practically all the games that I have tried has worked till now (even other regions games or with translations) without failures of hang, textures or others. Super Mario 64, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64, Goldeneye, The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina Of Time (the Game Cube version) and even Resident Evil 2, one of the games that fill the card (512Mb), work as the original one. The saves work equally well selecting the correct type. Then we can transfer them also to the computer. In addition, all the Nintendo 64 accessories work fine: the rumble pack, the memory pack and the 4MB memory expansion, necessary for games like Donkey Kong 64.

My opinion:
Neo N64 myth cart is an excellent flash cart, compatible with practically all the games that I have tried and the different types of saves. The Neo Myth N64 has all the necessary to be the best Nintendo 64 flash cart in the market. In addition it has a software that is updated every little time, though at this moment it can only burn two games simultaneously in the cart. This cart is a perfect option to enjoy the Nintendo 64 and take advantage of his great catalogue of games (if you own them, of course).

Advantages:
- total compatibility with practically all the games.
- it supports all the types of saves.
- compatible with all the accessories (Rumble Pack, Memory Pack, 4MB Memory Expansion)

Disadvantages:
- with current software only two games can be burnt simultaneously.
- some games fill the memory (Resident Evil 2, Pokemon Stadium 2).

Tested Games:

Good Set (v3.14):
-Donkey Kong 64 (E) [!] - Perfect
-Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (E) (M4) (V1.0) [!] - Perfect
-Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [T+Spa2.0_eduardo_a2j] - Perfect
-Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) (GC) [!] - Perfect
-Mario Kart 64 (E) (V1.0) [!] - Perfect
-Mario Kart 64 (E) (V1.1) [!] - Perfect
-Mission: Impossible (E) [!] - Perfect
-Neon Genesis Evangelion (J) [!] - Working with latest core upgrade
-Perfect Dark (E) (M5) [!] - Perfect
-Pokemon Stadium (S) [!] - Perfect
-Resident Evil 2 (E) (M2) [!] - Perfect
-South Park (E) (M3) [!] - Perfect
-Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [!] - Perfect
-Super Mario 64 (J) [!] - Perfect
-Super Mario 64 (U) [!] - Perfect
-Super Smash Bros. (E) (M3) [!] - Perfect

No intro set (20090807):
-007 - Goldeneye (Europe) - Perfect
-Donkey Kong 64 (Europe) - Perfect

I hope this review will help you to choose this great cart. And sorry for my english  ~sm-40.gif~
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:45:27 AM by kuroiso »
Protecting Mrs. Ai Suotome

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: Neo N64 Myth cart review by Kuroiso
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 04:19:20 AM »
Very nice review , i like it!  :D.

By the way , this ->

-Neon Genesis Evangelion (J) [!] - Doesn't work (Black screen): Save issue that will be fixed soon

Have been reported to work after the latest core upgrade pack.

Offline kuroiso

• NewPark Boys
Re: Neo N64 Myth cart review by Kuroiso
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 04:49:33 AM »
I'm glad you liked the review, even with my poor english  :P
Thanks for the info about Neon Genesis Evangelion, I´ll try it as soon as I can.
Protecting Mrs. Ai Suotome