Author Topic: Bad USB Cable  (Read 4130 times)

Offline Nintendud

Bad USB Cable
« on: January 16, 2010, 10:36:12 AM »
Hey guys,

I figured I should post this here, since it frustrated me for awhile until I figured it out!

When I first got the Neo Myth N64 cart, I installed the newest menu, plugged in the cart, and burned a ROM. No issues!

Then, when I plugged it in again, I kept getting this error (OS is Windows 7 32 bit):

After fiddling with it for awhile, I swapped out the cord. The USB cord was bad.

Thankfully, the Neo team uses a regular mini USB port. :)

Anyway, hopefully this can help someone else. I don't know if the cords that shipped with other Neo Myths are defective as well.

My order shipped on January 13th, in case the date matters. The cord is sparkly with yellow ends.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: Bad USB Cable
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 12:40:53 PM »
Yes this yellow USB cable never worked for me either.I have posted this in several threads!.

I either use the one that came with MD Myth(The black -> top quality) or the one that i use for my psp.
 ::sm-26.gif::

Offline Nintendud

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 12:49:14 PM »
Yes this yellow USB cable never worked for me either.I have posted this in several threads!.

I either use the one that came with MD Myth(The black -> top quality) or the one that i use for my psp.
 ::sm-26.gif::

Sorry, I was in a rush and didn't read everything that was posted here. Well, hopefully the Neo team will take notice and never ship the same cords again. :)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 01:25:01 PM »
Sorry, I was in a rush and didn't read everything that was posted here. Well, hopefully the Neo team will take notice and never ship the same cords again. :)

It was a good idea to open this thread , because the old reports are impossible to be found now without search.
 ~sm-39.gif~