Author Topic: The NEO SNES/SFC Myth cart SPEC v1  (Read 22420 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
The NEO SNES/SFC Myth cart SPEC v1
« on: March 04, 2010, 12:48:46 AM »
The NEO SNES/SFC Myth cart SPEC v1:

* Support ALL SNES/SFC console,all in one solution
* Support the SNES/SFC rom size up to 64M
* Support all save type
* Support 99.5% SNES/SFC games , and sure, some special game need DXP cart support
* Download games from PC to NEO2 cart directly via USB port
* Upload/restore game save to PC via USB directly
* Multi-CIC support, can use any SNES/SFC cart to boot Neo Myth on you SNES/SFC console
* Support Multi games, can download many games at the same time and swap the game via menu on your TV
* Upgradeable! Support upgrade the SNES/SFC Myth cart CPLD logic core through the NDP upgrade kit

The Neo SNES/SFC Myth Cart looking:

The Neo SNES/SFC Myth Cart and original cart compare:

How to use:

TheSNES/SFC Myth retail packing

SNES/SFC App download --- http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5983.0.html

some nice review from NEO tester:

NEO Myth SFC / SNES flash cart REWIEW (GERMAN)  --- http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6010.0.html

stefan_iro´s SNES Neo Myth review  --- http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6006.0.html

~tak's NEO Myth SFC/SNES Review (GERMAN/ENGLISH)  --- http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6017.0.html

Neo SNES Myth cart review by Kuroiso  --- http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6031.0.html

One more review :) This time by Flobo...  --- http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6045.0.html

order here: www.ic2005.com
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:43:30 AM by Dr.neo »
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: The NEO SNES/SFC Myth cart SPEC v1
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 01:46:43 AM »
Hehe good luck ! :D
 ~sm-43.gif~
By the way V1 means that there will be another version (V2)?

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 01:59:54 AM »
yes, just like N64 project, if we have new FPGA firmware, then will release for user upgrade  ~sm-36.gif~
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline churkus

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 03:30:59 AM »
Hi I just wanted to check, can this use with the neo2 to be able to use SD card just like the neo myth 3 in 1?

and also if you need to play a DSP-1 or other game then you need to have installed a cartridge with this chip?

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 06:53:43 AM »
yes, just like N64 project, if we have new FPGA firmware, then will release for user upgrade  ~sm-36.gif~

Great!Are there any plans to release the fpga source too? This will lead in very big community projects!

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 06:54:44 AM »
Hi I just wanted to check, can this use with the neo2 to be able to use SD card just like the neo myth 3 in 1?

ChillyWilly is working on it 8)

and also if you need to play a DSP-1 or other game then you need to have installed a cartridge with this chip?

Yes you need a dsp-1 game plugged in.

Offline rocco

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 05:20:52 PM »
Steep price compared to other products and the fact that this card doesn't offer anything else than other products.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 07:05:09 PM »
Steep price compared to other products and the fact that this card doesn't offer anything else than other products.

If the FPGA source & the tools to "compile" it are released then its going to become the best SNES/SFC cart ever.

It also has better HW compared to flashcarts released so far.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 07:06:42 PM by Conle »

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 07:26:45 PM »
No discount if you order 10+ carts?

This might be interesting for some forums...
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames

Offline rocco

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 07:46:41 PM »
If the FPGA source & the tools to "compile" it are released then its going to become the best SNES/SFC cart ever.

It also has better HW compared to flashcarts released so far.

Frankly speaking I do not think this will ever happen. But on the other hand if the "firmware" and anything else like additional software and menus are developed by users, what does justify that steep price (If we are only talking about the pcb, componentes and the case)?
This thing costs 35 bucks more than a retropack and does less. It uses propritary memory for storage and only supports roms up to 64mbit.
And please do not tell me that I can use SD later when the menu supports it when I have to spend additionally 50 bucks or more for a sd adapter.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 07:48:50 PM by rocco »

Offline FloBo

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 09:06:47 PM »
Lol. Quite offtopic but yeah :)

My TV is on the front paaaaaaage! Woooooohoooo! *yay*

;D

On topic: I also strongly support the effort to make the FPGA source publicly available! The community would go nuts with it!!!

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 12:32:32 AM »
Frankly speaking I do not think this will ever happen.

Hehe , Neoteam has released many times source code , even for very important projects so its not impossible to see the FPGA source one day.
 8)

If there are enough requests they might release it even sooner. ~sm-42.gif~

Offline sanni

• Neo MOD
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 01:43:21 AM »
Yeah, releasing the fpga source code would really boost the Neo Myth's success, because in my opinion the great community here on the forums is the major advantage of Neoflash compared to other flash carts.
We have Chillywilly that writes these awesome menus, Conle with his great plugins, madmonkey with his alternative flash programmer and many more.  :-*
And of course all the testers that did an amazing job testing out all those SNES games.  >:D

And last but not least the penguins, I love those penguin smiles  ::sm-12.gif::

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 01:44:22 AM »
Frankly speaking I do not think this will ever happen. But on the other hand if the "firmware" and anything else like additional software and menus are developed by users, what does justify that steep price (If we are only talking about the pcb, componentes and the case)?
This thing costs 35 bucks more than a retropack and does less. It uses propritary memory for storage and only supports roms up to 64mbit.
And please do not tell me that I can use SD later when the menu supports it when I have to spend additionally 50 bucks or more for a sd adapter.

You sound like you've been forced to buy their product, when it's obviously your own choice what you buy and from whom.

The one thing I reacted on was the pricing compared to the Myth MD 3in1. What is it in the SNES Myth that costs $20 more than the parts for the Myth MD?

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 02:24:00 AM »
You sound like you've been forced to buy their product, when it's obviously your own choice what you buy and from whom.

When people ask, I do point out that the Myth carts are a bit more expensive, BUT - they are generally more flexible in what you can do with them. They are worth the extra price to many people. There are always some people where the bottom line is price, and nothing else matters to them.

The one thing I reacted on was the pricing compared to the Myth MD 3in1. What is it in the SNES Myth that costs $20 more than the parts for the Myth MD?

Probably the FPGA. The new Myth carts out use a different (and probably more expensive) FPGA.