Author Topic: the new version PC APP for neo2/neo3 series flash cart v1.0 beta version  (Read 7306 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
the new version PC APP for neo2/neo3 series flash cart v1.0 beta version

Neo2 Pro Manager 1.0:

1. gba not support yet (but will soon)
2. md, snes, n64 need to test more

download: http://www.neoflash.com/download/Neo2ProManager1_00Beta1Setup_rar.zip
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:04:46 PM by Dr.neo »
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Finally.This will make many users happy :)  :D!

By the way , for those who want 100% compatibility with GoodN64 romset savetype list(as it has been exported from mupenplus64) , extract plugInfo folder from this pack:
http://neo-myth-programmer.googlecode.com/files/plugInfoDB_01.7z   and place it to C:\Program Files\NEO2\Manager\Plug_In\N64.

Offline ronaldo_76

thanks.  >:D

will test n64 snes and md now...  :)

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
Hopefully gba support will be available soon  ::sm-09.gif::
For now I stick with Neo2 Ultra Menu V3.04...
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
This app is very nice - it has a good interface, and doesn't have many of the troubles the Neo2 Ultra Menu had. That said, I did run into something weird: When I format the Neo2-Pro cart, I get 100% good! Yay! However, if I try to format twice in a row, I get about 50% good.  :'(

I have found that as long as you disconnect the USB after formatting, it will format 100% good. Apparently something isn't being reset correctly after the format. Unplugging the cart resets it so that it formats properly the next time. This is with the Neo2-Pro in the N64 Myth.

This extends to writing in general - if I try to write a game immediately after formatting, it always fails. If you unplug the USB to reset the cart, then it works.  ???

One other bug - the game you write is always renamed. A ".pat" is added to the file name, so it no longer shows in the list of files unless you change the filter to All Files.

Offline bigbrisco

'Improving' the software won't affect poorly designed hardware.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
The hardware seems fine to me (and most people). It's normally just the software that's the issue, which is why myself and others (like Conle, mic, and madmonkey among others) try to help where we can.

Offline sanni

• Neo MOD
Neo2 Pro Manager is not working for me in conjunctionwith my N64 Myth.

Problems:
1) There is always GBA Boot selected, when I switch it to N64 Boot and upload another game, the settings on the former are not save
2) Some problem for CIC and Save, the autoconfig of CIC and save fails and I can't change it since it just switches back when I select the second game.

Example:
I want to burn Zelda Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye, both *.z64 and both (!)
It recognized Zelda as 6106 and Card, Goldeneye as 6102 and Card.
I switch Zelda to 6105 and SRAM, select Goldeneye and switch it to 6102 and 4KB.
I select Zelda again and its back to 6106 and Cart. I select Goldeneye again and its back to 6102 and cart.
Fail.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
This is a brand new client, so it's important to get all these reports. I'm sure we'll be finding more bugs for some time.
 ~sm-57.gif~.gif

EDIT for another bug report: It seems like you can't set what the N64 Myth boots from. I had to go back to Neo2 Ultra Menu to set my N64 Myth to boot from the N64 Menu.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 03:49:56 AM by ChillyWilly »

Offline jomoe

• NEO newbie
I wait two years to get a working GBA/NDS flash cart for my money, and NEO team delivers: software that works with more hardware I can buy to have a working N64 flash cart. Amazing!

Seriously, the focus should not be on developing new features here, it should be on making originally promised features work. I bought a NEO2 for the sole purpose of using it to backup NDS games from original carts, and to play my GBA games. I got a device that will play *some* NDS games, but not others (And only with a slot-1 device), that will not quite actually backup NDS carts, and with very spotty, if existent at all GBA save support.

I certainly hope that the end result of this is NEO2 GBA support actually working, but based on past performance, I'm finding myself oddly doubtful.

:(