Author Topic: What's with the lack of homebrew, guys?  (Read 6208 times)

Offline nakano

• NEO newbie
Re: What's with the lack of homebrew, guys?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 09:50:22 PM »
I am also against the extra time. In Genesis, it didn't affect me, but certainly it changed the end results. It was a little unfair as rules were known before hand. People should stick with the time limits. This happens in real life too. If you cannot finish a school task in time, you're welcome to come and try next year again. So if people want to improve their homebrew, they can participate for the next competition. Besides, Neo Compo is every year about the same time so people that have participated previously, should know about this. The decision is up to the organizers, though.

Yeah... but maybe it's time for Dr.Neo to announce that the competition is finished so that reviewers can start their work ?
I agree. Dr.neo could announce "stop submitting now" so people can be certain the reviewing can begin and submitting is not allowed anymore.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 08:46:38 PM »
yes, we need a poll now:
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,7146.0.html 

Sektor have side what i think already...
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 09:47:52 PM »
It looks like there's also going to be a lack of reviews this year...  ~sm-39.gif~

Offline dieudunet

• dieudunet
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 10:09:28 PM »
It seems.

I'm sorry but on my side I don't get enough free time to do a full review....
C is for N00b
ASM rules

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 10:38:14 PM »
I wanted to do reviews this year for the GAME section,, but to be honest so far i haven't tried out anything  :(
...But im sure that there will be reviews.Most of them will be posted right before the deadline or so.. 

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 12:37:50 AM »
I wanted to do reviews this year for the GAME section,, but to be honest so far i haven't tried out anything  :(
...But im sure that there will be reviews.Most of them will be posted right before the deadline or so..
I hope you're right, only three days left.  ~sm-92.gif~.gif

Offline nakano

• NEO newbie
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 01:09:26 AM »
Yes, hopefully we get more reviews. It's a heart of this competition to be able to get constructive feedback from others. If people won't do reviews, I guess that may certainly mean an end of Neo Compo because there aren't enough intrest from the community. Developers, you could also write a few reviews.

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 11:59:33 PM »
Yes, hopefully we get more reviews. It's a heart of this competition to be able to get constructive feedback from others. If people won't do reviews, I guess that may certainly mean an end of Neo Compo because there aren't enough intrest from the community. Developers, you could also write a few reviews.
I have to say I honestly don't like doing reviews, I always kind of feel bad when giving a low score and so my review ends up sucking. That and the fact that I wouldn't be reviewing my own games, and if all Dr. Neo does is average all review scores then I'll be at a disadvantage. But whatever, at this point I don't have much to lose, so I'll try to make as good a review as I can in the next two days. :)
(probably only for NDS games though)

Edit : done. probably not the best review, but I tried.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:42:21 AM by smealum »

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 01:54:47 AM »
I know what you mean, when I review a game that isn't good I feel bad for those who take a lot of their time to bring us free fun, just that the result wasn't good

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 11:31:30 AM »
I've been too busy to even try the games/apps. I've only managed to try a few of them - certainly not found the time to do any reviews. Just got too busy this year as everything piled up all at one time.

Offline nakano

• NEO newbie
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 11:36:05 PM »
^Too bad. Would have been nice to have a few more reviewers.

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 02:12:31 AM »
Well this sure is stressful... can't wait for the results to be announced.  ::sm-02:: (for the record it seems results were announced on september 11th last year and the year before that)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:12:49 PM by smealum »