Author Topic: NEO Summer Retro Coding Contest 2012 for all retro platform announcement  (Read 39342 times)

Offline PypeBros

• homebrewer
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.
I'll # be # back
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:57:20 PM by PypeBros »
Enjoy Apple Assault v1.4 with polished gameplay and graphics

Offline 6Dragon6SoftZard

• NEO newbie
    • SoftZard
 Hi there, a new guy in the forum looking forward a good competition =) I hope to have enough time to get some software ready for the contest.

Special thanks to NightFox for reporting the issues I found while trying to register.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:36:23 AM by 6Dragon6SoftZard »

Offline TheDirbaio

• NEO newbie
Wow, this is good news! The homebrew scene lives!

I'll be participating with a Snake-like game. I got inspired by a flash game somewhere. It'll be like a snake game, but with lots of gamemodes with crazy variations... I'll post a thread later when I have something releasable. And oh, a screenshot!.

:D
(lol you have nice emoticons here!)

Offline Gaz

• DS Homebrew
Great news :D

I'm much too busy to enter this year, next year for sure!

Offline RetroPaul

• NEO newbie
Suppose your platform can't actually display the logo or link practically ?

Either it simply can't - say Microvision - or it would be horribly complicated - say Atari 2600 ?

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Suppose your platform can't actually display the logo or link practically ?

Either it simply can't - say Microvision - or it would be horribly complicated - say Atari 2600 ?

Well, Dr.neo would have final say on what's acceptable, but I'd guess that if you absolutely can't (like it would be a BIG pain on the A2600), I'd say to make a text display with the info... the contest name and the NeoFlash web url. The idea is that people running it would know it was part of a contest and where to look for more info on said contest.

Offline Mr. Reaper

• Evil Genius/Lazy Bum
Hi,

I have a couple questions about the contest.

It says it is for "retro platforms." Does that include Wii Hombrew games?

And it says:

"[5] You must put the NEO Retro Compo badge and NEO website link to your program and show it when start to run."

The badge doesn't include the link though, so does that mean I could just add "neoflash.com" to the same screen that shows the badge?

Offline corenting

• My website
I hope we will see good homebrews :) I entered with a small one, but this not a very big project :D

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Hi,

I have a couple questions about the contest.

It says it is for "retro platforms." Does that include Wii Hombrew games?

Can't answer that one... try PMing Dr.neo.

And it says:

"[5] You must put the NEO Retro Compo badge and NEO website link to your program and show it when start to run."

The badge doesn't include the link though, so does that mean I could just add "neoflash.com" to the same screen that shows the badge?

I would do that or show it as text there or in a different screen. But yes, it looks like he forgot the url in the "official" image... it normally has it.
 ~sm-79.gif~.gif

Offline leinad

Yo, I hope the forum stays stable until 20th :p?
Nice to see some action in the homebrew scene... it's kinda quiet due to the "kindof-open" fancy mobile plattforms (iOS/Android).

Btw: Ill take part again this time with some game-port :o
-n00bey

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
hi Mr. Reaper

a. yes wii homebrew is aceptable.

b. you need put the badge to your screen, and add one "www.neoflash.com" to this screen together or on other page, even just show one time is ok still.
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline theloon

• NEO newbie
Well, Dr.neo would have final say on what's acceptable, but I'd guess that if you absolutely can't (like it would be a BIG pain on the A2600), I'd say to make a text display with the info... the contest name and the NeoFlash web url. The idea is that people running it would know it was part of a contest and where to look for more info on said contest.

Nowadays 2600 games can have title screens easily (even in BASIC):
http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/169819-the-titlescreen-kernel/

In total I see 7 posts between apps and games..  does everyone submit their game right at the deadline?  I was expecting more for some reason.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:39:55 AM by theloon »

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
Nowadays 2600 games can have title screens easily (even in BASIC):
http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/169819-the-titlescreen-kernel/

In total I see 7 posts between apps and games..  does everyone submit their game right at the deadline?  I was expecting more for some reason.
Most of the time yeah there's a bit of a rush right before the deadline. I'm not sure there'll be that many entries this year though. I myself will be struggling to get something ready in time...

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
Yes most people leave their entry until the last minute but there are less prizes this year than any other year and there aren't as many people working on GBA/DS/PSP/Wii homebrew as there were a few years ago, so I wouldn't expect a huge amount of entries.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
that's why we can't make the final decision to hold this contest fastly like before, we have to think about this bad trend  ::sm-03::
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......