Author Topic: NEO Summer Retro Coding Contest 2012 for all retro platform announcement  (Read 38855 times)

Offline theloon

• NEO newbie
Maybe a little more time plus a little more publicity is needed.  Somehow not everyone knows about Neoflash even though you guys have made great flash carts for AGES.

Offline sarang

I think most people will wait and enter their project at the last day (like me).
 ~sm-58.gif~.gif ~sm-41.gif~
I am still working hard on my entry, but not much time left! So, I'll have to cut some features and enter what I finished by August 20.

Even if somebody didn't start coding anything yet, there's still a few days remaining! You can make something cool!
It's not important about the prize, but sharing new software and enjoy each others creation
 ~sm-60.gif~.gif
I hope there are some entries for older console again this year, like mega-drive, pc-engine etc. (theloon- will you submit a new 2600 game? or maybe a BEX project?)

Good luck to those still working hard to make deadline! I hope you can catch all remaining bugs easily this week (hehe)
 ~sm-57.gif~.gif

Offline dieudunet

• dieudunet
I Will be ready for the 20 august, it's fun to work With some stress. and i m very please to tell That for the first time in my history :D my Game Will work on NTSC super Nintendo. And this was an hard job
C is for N00b
ASM rules

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
this might sound like a stupid question, but it might make a big difference in my case : is the deadline august 19th at 11:59 PM or august 20th at 11:59 PM ? obviously I'm hoping it's the latter.  8)

Offline theloon

• NEO newbie
I think most people will wait and enter their project at the last day (like me).
 ~sm-58.gif~.gif ~sm-41.gif~
I am still working hard on my entry, but not much time left! So, I'll have to cut some features and enter what I finished by August 20.

Even if somebody didn't start coding anything yet, there's still a few days remaining! You can make something cool!
It's not important about the prize, but sharing new software and enjoy each others creation
 ~sm-60.gif~.gif
I hope there are some entries for older console again this year, like mega-drive, pc-engine etc. (theloon- will you submit a new 2600 game? or maybe a BEX project?)

Good luck to those still working hard to make deadline! I hope you can catch all remaining bugs easily this week (hehe)
 ~sm-57.gif~.gif

If I do a 2600 game it'll probably amount to a couple days worth of coding.  I can't promise quality or completion :)

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Nowadays 2600 games can have title screens easily (even in BASIC):
http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/169819-the-titlescreen-kernel/

I know a title screen is easy. What I was saying was a big pain is trying to make a decent 2600 display out of the official screen badge for the contest. Someone would need to make a much simplified version.

In total I see 7 posts between apps and games..  does everyone submit their game right at the deadline?  I was expecting more for some reason.

Everyone submits right near the deadline, and a few right after if the board has troubles. Dr.neo makes judgment calls on those after the deadline. Like a bunch of others, I've been rushing to get something ready, and for some weird reason, it ALWAYS take close to the deadline to submit, regardless of when you start.
 ~sm-73.gif~.gif ~sm-79.gif~.gif

Offline theloon

• NEO newbie
Title screen is easy dawg. :)

I intentionally made it 48x96 because most title screen kernels will double the width of the pixels.

All the contestants making 2600 games please use this!  Er, unless someone has already made a better one.. then cough it up!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:35:45 AM by theloon »

Offline DesertDog

this might sound like a stupid question, but it might make a big difference in my case : is the deadline august 19th at 11:59 PM or august 20th at 11:59 PM ? obviously I'm hoping it's the latter.  8)

It's Aug 20 11:59pm in your timezone. So it always feels like everyone gets an extra day more than me because I'm in Australia and we're 12 hours ahead of the rest of the world :)

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
I prefer the rule, as long as it's the still the 20th somewhere in the world then it's not too late ::sm-21.gif::
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 11:14:49 AM by Sektor »

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Title screen is easy dawg. :)

I intentionally made it 48x96 because most title screen kernels will double the width of the pixels.

All the contestants making 2600 games please use this!  Er, unless someone has already made a better one.. then cough it up!

yes, i agree it ::sm-22.gif::
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
It's Aug 20 11:59pm in your timezone. So it always feels like everyone gets an extra day more than me because I'm in Australia and we're 12 hours ahead of the rest of the world :)
Ok, great, I'll make good use of that "extra" day. :P

Offline LeRodeur

• NEO newbie
I will enter the compo too, and will wait the deadline to post my entry..
I had to code many things and my friend, who is working on the gfx and maps, lost his hdd... ::sm-02::
Holidays with no real "internet connection" are hard (my phone 3g network is ****py here), not much free time too.
So I think the entry will only look like a demo.. :(

Offline PypeBros

• homebrewer
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.
Just no more reviewers division ~sm-63.gif~.gif, anyway hope to see nice games again, in special for N64 never a homebrew game has been posted for a competition
Sigh ... too bad. Receiving funny reviews was very ... funny ;)
Enjoy Apple Assault v1.4 with polished gameplay and graphics

Offline theloon

• NEO newbie
is good to se the contest goes on!

Just no more reviewers division ~sm-63.gif~.gif, anyway hope to see nice games again, in special for N64 never a homebrew game has been posted for a competition

Not just N64.  We could also see an Atari 2600 game!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 04:00:05 AM by theloon »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Nice job converting the badge to 2600! Now we should see tons of 2600 entries as that was they only thing holding people back.
 ~sm-79.gif~.gif