Author Topic: Some reviews.  (Read 5819 times)

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
Re: Some reviews.
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 02:46:27 AM »
The controls are a bit unwieldy - I have trouble using both the thumb pad and the should button to fire while the other hand is fully occupied using the stylus to aim. It winds up being easier to either move or fire, but not both. I move someplace, then stand still while firing, only moving using the stylus. It's counter to the way most of us have been "trained" by games like Doom where you can circle strafe the bad guys while firing.
Well this is how most if not all FPSs on the DS work so it doesn't seem like most people would have a problem with it. I use my left hand to move and shoot and I can easily do both at the same time... ~sm-92.gif~.gif
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 02:48:28 AM by smealum »

Offline leinad

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 09:19:52 AM »
Unfortunately i've got only this old r4 replica, but testing on no$gba it seems to work. Sorry for bad report.
@SyobonAction: seriously, I have no idea whats wrong with your DS; up to now I got no report of any freezes and neither did it ever for me :| Weird, actually the game works completele of ram which I did for usability & card-compability... even the earliest flashcards should be able to load it, afterwards the card shouldnt matter anymore and could even be removed :|
-n00bey

Offline relminator

• NEO newbie
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 10:33:48 AM »

Bubble fight (NDS):
Inertia's one of the major enemies you can find playing 2d shooters. it doesn't leave you room to perfectly execute dodging and attacks.
This 2.5D shooter is based on inertia, making the game totally unplayable to me, sorry. Apart from this gaming choice all the technical stuff is perfectly done. Great display of 3D stuff, very smooth animation and a lot of enemies moving on screen are the components that showcase during play.

CONS:
Inertia.

Vote: 3/10 - game

Vote: 9/10 - manufacturing

Hi. Thanks for the feedback.

But this game is Not a SHMUP(Space Shooter) and was never meant to be one. :*)

The  gameplay was inspired by "Balloon Fight" on the NES hence the title "Bubble Fight". ;*)

Inertia is never fun on a SHMUP but this is not a SHMUP.  This game has an experimental gameplay as stated on the readme.

Offline genecyst

• NEO newbie
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 07:55:58 PM »
Hi relminator, sadly ( :) )i still consider it as a shmup 'couse it has the same feeling, the same kind of enemy patterns and the same kind of scrolling background. sorry! :D
Probably, using some platforms to move trough and changing some patterns like the original balloon fight, will remove that feeling and give the game his own style.

@leinad
I've downloaded the game again and it works now. So probably it was damaged with my first download. I reallly don't know.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:22:57 AM by genecyst »

Offline LeRodeur

• NEO newbie
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »
LemIstIo(NDS):
To be honest this game lacks a precise graphic direction. Looking at the ds touchscreen and at the upper screen let you think you're playing two different games together. The use of the stylus isn't properly clear (lacking of a sight or similar). I haven't been able to pass trough the
big chess table at the beginning so i can't tell almost anything about level design.
Controls response, tech stuff and speech parts between characters are well done.

CONS:
Hard to understand how to use stylus properly during fights.
Graphic mash up not properly charming
Thanks for reviewing our games!
It is totally true that the graphics don't match up, because we have to change ... all the graphics of bottom screen apart the characters!
As said in the project description Studioxygene unfortunately had problems with his HDD and lost all the graphics he made, and I only had a copy of the characters sprites.

What do you mean when you say that it's hard to understand how to use stylus in battles?
You only have to point where you want your skill to be fired, and can even leave it pressed on the screen to keep firing  ~sm-68.gif~.gif
I asked for many people to test the game and nobody had problems with it, maybe it wasn't explained correctly?
About the "lack of sight", if you don't want to point a nearly monster and lost sight you can just point near the border, only the angle counts, not distance ~sm-51.gif~.gif