Author Topic: New SNK ARCADE MVS Magic Key released!  (Read 34564 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
New SNK ARCADE MVS Magic Key released!
« on: November 28, 2012, 06:12:34 PM »
New SNK ARCADE MVS  Magic Key released!

Here is neo team new product: SNK MVS Magic Key + MVS convertor 2in1 !

NEO SNK MVS-Magic Key Spec:

* MVS to AES convertor function, let your AES home console to play the MVS arcade cartridge (not support the clone multi MVS cartridge)
* SNK game cheat code,support all SNK MVS original arcade cartridge
* SNK game region select,it can change something in the game,like the language and "FATFURY" motion efect
* 8Mb game rom is modifiable
* Can upgrade Magic Key BIOS via USB port, plug and upgrade
* Can upgrade the CPLD hard core via NDP kit

[1] Product view

[2] How to use? Very simple, just need insert the MVS cart to the NEO MVS Magic Key, then plug into the SNK console,power on, that's all.

[3] When power on the neogeo console, it will show one menu to let you select which game region you want with this game , use A/B/C button to select it.

Note: If you press this button and turn on NEOGEO console, it'll bypass the Magic Key function and run as a normal original SNK cartridge.

[4] If you don't do anything it will auto pass after few seconds and use the default game region to start the game.

[5] In the game , you can press "SELECT"+"START" buttons together to call the cheat code menu out in any time.

[6] Use button "A" to enable which cheat code you want to active, use "UP" and "DOWN" pad to move, and press button "C" to return to game and play continue.

[7] Now you can see the cheat code working :P

[8] If you want to disable the current cheat code function, press "SELECT"+"START" in any time, then you can back to cheat code menu again.

[9] Use button "A" to disable the cheat code, or use button "B" to disable all cheat code at once.

[10] Now the game back to the normal mode.

[11] This device support all MVS original games, here is some more screenshots.

[12] The retail packing.

How to upgrade the SNK Magic Key BIOS file

[1] Firstly you need install the "The SMS4 & MD & N64 & SNES & PC-E Myth flash cart_ Pro programmer V1.30 [Jan.15 2012] .exe" , if you have installed it already just pass this step.

[2] Unzip the "snk magic key bios file.rar" , you will get 3 files:
Neo-SNK-MagicKey_8Mb.xml and 2 BIN files.
Copy these 2 BIN files to the "D:\" folder , and copy "Neo-SNK-MagicKey_8Mb.xml" this file to "C:\Program Files (x86)\NEO2\Manager\Kernal_Kit\BATCH" this folder IF your system is WIN7 ; otherwise copy it to "C:\Program Files\NEO2\Manager\Kernal_Kit\BATCH" .

[3] Then click and run the "NEO2 Kit Kernal" from your PC desk

[4] Now you can see this app screen.

[5] Use the USB cable to link the SNK Magic-Key and PC USB port,please ignore the error message.

[6] Press the "Start To Burn" button, then start to upgrade MagicKey bios, please note the LED of MagicKey will not light during the whole BIOS upgrade process.

[7] It will start to verify after the burning complete.

[8] When it done, you can plug it into your console to enjoy the MagicKey with new BIOS function.

If you have any more question, please visit our forum --- http://www.neoflash.com

--- NeoTeAm 2012

online manual --- http://www.neoflash.com/SNK_Magic/Neo_SNK_ARCADE_MVS_Magic_Key_1.htm
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:26:38 AM by Dr.neo »
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline wraggster

• DCEmu Homebrew Network
Re: New SNK ARCADE MVS Magic Key released!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 06:20:35 AM »
looks awesome will post news on dcemu :)

Webmaster of DCEmu

The Worlds Only Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.

Offline SolderPCB

• NEO newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:40:45 PM »
Does this still have the same scaling issues as the previous converter?

Having previously bought a Super MVS II Converter it had scaling issues with games like Art of Fighting and Samurai Showdown etc.

I don't want to buy another product for $238 that has the same issues.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:43:52 PM by SolderPCB »

Offline Silpheed

• NEO newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 10:42:35 PM »
Just received mine. No scaling issue this time !

Do i need to update it with the firmware found on the CD ?

Thanks

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 03:18:13 PM »
Just received mine. No scaling issue this time !

Do i need to update it with the firmware found on the CD ?

Thanks

sure, the scaling issue just exist in the past NEO converter V1, the 2011 version have solved  this issue perfectly already, now the neo magic key is 2013 version, the #3 generation :D

you don't need update the firmware from CD,it's same with your current one. but we have v2.0 beta firmware solved the AOF2 cheat code issue perfectly  (thanks RAZ a lot  :-*), if you want to test please PM me,will mail to you for testing, the final version is coming soon.  ~sm-57.gif~.gif
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 10:43:46 AM by Dr.neo »

Offline gerard7209

• NEO newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 08:41:28 PM »
Hello I am french and I own a Magic Key 2. I've got a question:
Is it possible to go the "General Bios Settings" (who normally is in in each unibios) because I would like to configure the number of credits in game(the "Cheat Database" only permit to have unlimited credit". Thanks for your answer.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 07:06:10 AM »
no, you just can select the "unlimited credit" in the magickey cheat code menu.

Offline raditz

• NEO newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 04:53:02 PM »
Hi,
this converter is near perfect, but in our french Neo Geo forum, we found several problems on these games :

- Pulstar: the activation of several cheats is rebooting the game
- Super Sidekicks: Controller doesn't respond after a few minutes
- The King Of Fighters 01: the menu is inactive if the bios is enabled
- World Heroes: the game starts only if the bios is disabled

The link of the test : http://www.neogeo-system.com/t1602-mvs-magic-key-converter-in-disneyland

I don't know if a software update is possible to fix them ?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:56:00 PM by raditz »

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 04:54:20 AM »
i think you need change your SNK ac adapter ,to test again.

Offline raditz

• NEO newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 06:57:31 PM »
Lol !
We are 10 to have these problems, I use a new custom ac adapter...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:51:32 PM by raditz »

Offline Willza562

• NEO newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 07:51:34 AM »
Can the SNK Super MVS plus 2011 version be updated in any way to perform like this version? I'm just looking to see if the scaling issues can be fixed. I all ready have a Unibios installed on my AES.

Offline foster711

• NEO newbie
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 06:01:39 AM »
Hi Dr Neo and any other experts out there.  I have a magic key 2013 (blue) version 2 mvs to aes converter that I originally purchased to use with my 161 in 1 multicart.  I've been using it with this cart for about 6 months now and it has been working fairly well (there are a few audio issues).  Recently, I purchased two original snk mvs carts to use with it.  The carts are Galaxy Fight and Metal Slug 5.  Unfortunately neither one of them is working with the Magic Key.  With Galaxy Fight the system basically does nothing.  I get a completely blank screen.  With Metal Slug 5 I get the Neo Geo pro spec splash screen which is completely clear and then it takes me the title screen only it is completely garbelled and the game will not start at all.  If I hit the reset button a few times I can see the magic key flash screen which shows I am using version 2.0.  Anyway, I don't know what else to do and am looking for help.  I have a 1st generation AES (serial 19xxx) and I am using a 5v 3 amp ac adapter.  Finally, I had my system moded with composite, s video, and component output.  Also, I had the reset button lit up, unibios 3.1 added (which I removed and replaced with the original as part of testing) and a switch added for overclocking (which I never use).  Please help!

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 05:00:42 AM »
Willza562, you can use NDP to upgrade the core for fix the scaling issues with converter 2011.

foster711, if the 161in1 working with magickey fine, then it's not the magickey issue, you need use alcohol to clean these 2 snk cart's golden finger, i can sure it's the snk cart connection not good to cause this issue.

Offline foster711

• NEO newbie
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 04:51:47 AM »
Hi Dr. Neo.  Thank you for your reply. 

Per you suggestion, I took apart each of my three original SNK MVS carts (I recently purchased a copy of Shock Troopers), and cleaned them thoroughly with a pencil eraser and then wiped them clean with alcohol until they shined like brand new.  Unfortunately, it made no difference at all.  I am having the same exact problems as described before. 

Is there anything else I can try?  I am will to ship the unit to you so you can see the problems first hand.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 05:29:38 PM »
hi foster711, the 161in1 working perfect still ?